Page 279 of 302 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The dome is an absolute relic, shitty concessions and no wifi is a joke. Outside of the jumbotron little has been done to boost the fan experience in a long time.
    How about the LINES to these shitty concessions, you can barely maneover behind them single file. ND people could squeeze forward more, but NOOOOOOOO there's a clogged spot ever stand. embarassing.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The only tricky thing is with the escalating ticket prices I would guess ticket revenue is as good or better than it was 5 years ago. But that's a great example of where what's happening on paper doesn't really reflect reality.
    If leadership at the Fargodome or NDSU isn't looking at actual butts in seats and % of capacity filled, I'm not sure there is any other term for that but incompetence. When much of the athletic budget currently centers on revenue from football, you damn well better be pulling out all the stops to maximize that revenue so that you can use it to pay for development in other areas of the athletic department.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    How about the LINES to these shitty concessions, you can barely maneover behind them single file. ND people could squeeze forward more, but NOOOOOOOO there's a clogged spot ever stand. embarassing.
    Gotta factor in those that see someone they know and two groups of people then stop in the middle of the concourse walking area and “visit”! Probably people who know each other from summer lake life and haven’t seen each other in a month (gasp).
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    If leadership at the Fargodome or NDSU isn't looking at actual butts in seats and % of capacity filled, I'm not sure there is any other term for that but incompetence. When much of the athletic budget currently centers on revenue from football, you damn well better be pulling out all the stops to maximize that revenue so that you can use it to pay for development in other areas of the athletic department.
    Not just ticket revenue. I have observed that a high percentage of those butts in seats tend to be wearing some licensed apparel. No doubt the school earns some nickels and dimes from those sales. Other swag sales as well that the engaged fan just “must have”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

not good, the ticket map barely changed in last 3 days. well NDSU admin the Fans have spoken. its on YOU now

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    That was/is a massive upgrade and it's great to have for special videos and the like. I know this is a no brainer, no shit, comment but it sucks that 40% of it is taken up with advertising 80% of the time during a game.
    They really did minimize the wow factor of the new boards with ALL of the advertising. They even got rid of the small boards above the east and west sidelines that had yardage totals.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Not just ticket revenue. I have observed that a high percentage of those butts in seats tend to be wearing some licensed apparel. No doubt the school earns some nickels and dimes from those sales. Other swag sales as well that the engaged fan just “must have”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. There is potential revenue not being captured.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I've mentioned the wifi so many times; I'm completely fascinated on how the dome authority could be so far behind on this. It is complete and utter incompetence.
    #1 and #2 at the dome have been there since it opened. They rose to their positions fast and have never left. You would think the FargoDome would be a stepping stone to managing bigger venues. Everything at that facility has just always seemed status quo. I just don't ever see the dome authority driving anything unless the voters or NDSU holds them hostage.

on another note...

I vividly remember Rob voicing his hatred for Rocky Hager and Bison Football when I worked there in the early 90s. To this day, I've wondered if he still harbors those feelings when the cameras aren't looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    #1 and #2 at the dome have been there since it opened. They rose to their positions fast and have never left. You would think the FargoDome would be a stepping stone to managing bigger venues. Everything at that facility has just always seemed status quo. I just don't ever see the dome authority driving anything unless the voters or NDSU holds them hostage.

on another note...

I vividly remember Rob voicing his hatred for Rocky Hager and Bison Football when I worked there in the early 90s. To this day, I've wondered if he still harbors those feelings when the cameras aren't looking.
    fat and happy

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I've mentioned the wifi so many times; I'm completely fascinated on how the dome authority could be so far behind on this. It is complete and utter incompetence.

Bad wifi at stadiums is the norm. However, I was able to stream live video of the Iowa State/Iowa game at Memorial Stadium during a Nebraska game this season! I could hardly believe it. Apparently, it can be done.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016