Page 24 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Without a couple weeks of? I'd lean SDSU. After? Toss-up

SDSU's offense isn't a great match-up for UND but the defense has had some success against similar teams and it would depend on whether UND could get a couple picks or not to neutralize all the yards SDSU would throw for. UND has 20 picks on the year.

At the end of the season, UND's QB's arm was barely hanging on and the back-up struggles because he seems to wear cement shoes. If the starter didn't play or was in the condition he was at the end of the year, UND would not win because they wouldn't move the ball very well, if at all. If the starter was at 80% and UND could run their normal offense with the play-action/QB scramble element, I think UND moves the ball and put points on the board. UND also just played 11 weeks in a row without a bye, the extra week off will probably more than offset the rust that comes with it.

Does NDSU beat SDSU in a rematch?
    Gun to my head? I think they'll switch up the game plan to defend the te, wr or QB run.

One thing tho...I didn't want any part of sdsu.they flat out beat the shit out of ndsu.

If the bison O and D line come pissed off with a revenge factor, I'd expect ndsu to win handily.

If their QB controls the game...I fear it'll be just like last game except sdsu scores from the 1 inch line and doesn't throw a stupid end zone pick.

lets talk fatigue please. do play with d2 Darrell in a different thread
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Glad to see you can actually look at things objectively.

Please explain how UND played a crap conference schedule? I'll give you that they missed EWU but played the other five teams in the league with a .500 record or above in conference play. They missed Montana, who was clearly garbage, despite their win in Cedar Falls.
    UND was missing its All-American running back after the first play of the game. That guys is kind of a superstar as well. Cal Poly didn't move the ball against UND until they figured out they had to start passing it. UND has consistently held down Cal Poly's offense due to running the 3-4 and it being a bad match-up for them.
    I'd give it merit, but one of those teams beat SDSU. Seems pretty simple, beat ISUr or Cal Poly, be seeded higher.

Your entitled to your opinion, but your delusional if you think they are out to get NDSU. They matched them up to get the winner of a non-scholarship team and a crappy Big Sky team, what more do you want?
    Speaking of looking at things objectively. What does Sagarin say?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Speaking of looking at things objectively. What does Sagarin say?
    That SDSU should have beat Cal Poly and ISUr. How did those games turn out?

They lost and yet Sagarin still predicts they'd beat UND.

There is more to it than just win loss record. If there wasn't a 6-5 team would never get in and for that matter neither would some of the 7-4s. After all, there are more teams out there with 3 losses that didn't get in.

Sagarin is an objective (albeit imperfect) method of comparing the relative strength of teams.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Ross Uglem went on a excellent rant on his podcast (Bison Report Radio) basically laying out how bad the SDSU vs. UND seeding is. I still disagree with TAB and others; there is not objective way to justify it unless you are lazy/incompetent or out to get NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Ross Uglem went on a excellent rant on his podcast (Bison Report Radio) basically laying out how bad the SDSU vs. UND seeding is. I still disagree with TAB and others; there is not objective way to justify it unless you are lazy/incompetent or out to get NDSU.
    Give it a rest already. Take off the green and yellow glasses for a second. What exactly are you pissed about? We have the number one seed. What else do you want, the championship game played in Fargo?

Is there really ever going to be a perfect way to seed every team perfectly even if you use Sagarin you still have oddities in there? If they gave NDSU the "easy" route too you'd have the rest of the nation on their case...

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any way you seed things it's going to be tough because NDSU really isn't above the field this year. This may be the first year in this run where going in I feel that there are better teams than the Bison. Should be an exciting ride

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Any way you seed things it's going to be tough because NDSU really isn't above the field this year. This may be the first year in this run where going in I feels that there are better teams than the Bison. Should be an exciting ride
    The next few weeks is what's fun about playoff football.