Page 22 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Big Sky 4-3 against the MVFC in head to head. Both are viewed as strong conferences
    Common opponents: Both beat USD. UND beat Cal Poly, SDSU lost to Cal Poly.
    UND on 9 game winning streak
    UND ranked ahead of SDSU in release 2 and 3 (neither ranked in release 1). A win over a team with a losing record shouldn't be that impressive.

Not saying it isn't debatable, because it is, but if you can't see that, its because you don't want to. Strength of schedule is good and all that, but you actually have to win the games as well as play them. If SDSU beat Cal Poly or ISU-r, they are ahead of UND and there are no arguments. They lost both of those games and still got seeded despite having 3 losses.
    Nailed it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Big Sky 4-3 against the MVFC in head to head. Both are viewed as strong conferences
    UND ranked ahead of SDSU in release 2 and 3 (neither ranked in release 1). A win over a team with a losing record shouldn't be that impressive.

Not saying it isn't debatable, because it is, but if you can't see that, its because you don't want to. Strength of schedule is good and all that, but you actually have to win the games as well as play them. If SDSU beat Cal Poly or ISU-r, they are ahead of UND and there are no arguments. They lost both of those games and still got seeded despite having 3 losses.
    Oh, you fool hearty souls who do not look at this closely. And yes, I do expect the committee to do this correctly, not just look at W/L.

Both are viewed as strong conferences, yes. However, top to bottom MVFC is better and you keep forgetting you played a crap conference schedule this year.
    Cal Poly had their best player out for you guys, but not for SDSU. You think that made not difference? Guys is a superstar.
    UND 9 game win streak against largely crap teams.
    UND should have never been ranked in front of SDSU, just like NDSU should never have been ranked less than 1.

The committee is out to get NDSU. Or they are just incompetent. TAB must think the later; I think the former.

I actually agree with you. That never happens.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Oh, you fool hearty souls who do not look at this closely. And yes, I do expect the committee to do this correctly, not just look at W/L.

Both are viewed as strong conferences, yes. However, top to bottom MVFC is better and you keep forgetting you played a crap conference schedule this year.
    Cal Poly had their best player out for you guys, but not for SDSU. You think that made not difference? Guys is a superstar.
    UND should have never been ranked in front of SDSU, just like NDSU should never have been ranked less than 1.

The committee is out to get NDSU. Or they are just incompetent. TAB must think the later; I think the former.
    Glad to see you can actually look at things objectively.

Please explain how UND played a crap conference schedule? I'll give you that they missed EWU but played the other five teams in the league with a .500 record or above in conference play. They missed Montana, who was clearly garbage, despite their win in Cedar Falls.
    UND was missing its All-American running back after the first play of the game. That guys is kind of a superstar as well. Cal Poly didn't move the ball against UND until they figured out they had to start passing it. UND has consistently held down Cal Poly's offense due to running the 3-4 and it being a bad match-up for them.
    I'd give it merit, but one of those teams beat SDSU. Seems pretty simple, beat ISUr or Cal Poly, be seeded higher.

Your entitled to your opinion, but your delusional if you think they are out to get NDSU. They matched them up to get the winner of a non-scholarship team and a crappy Big Sky team, what more do you want?

Cal Poly is far from a "crappy" team.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

[COLOR="#800080"]They matched them up to get the winner of a non-scholarship team and a crappy Big Sky team, what more do you want?
    My goodness Darryl, do you realized that you just called the only legit team that UND beat this year, "crappy?"
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Major flaw in your argument. If the committee was out to get NDSU they wouldn't have given them the #1 seed. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything they are doing, but they do not have any evil intentions...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Major flaw in your argument. If the committee was out to get NDSU they wouldn't have given them the #1 seed. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything they are doing, but they do not have any evil intentions...
    I don't believe in the conspiracy theory, but looking at the brackets I think we might have been better off with the #2 slot.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I agree. If the committee was out to "get" NDSU, they would have had the Bison #2, EWU #3 and SDSU #7. Think about it guys, why would the committee be out to get the team that makes the Championships Game look like, well, a Championship Game?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Next thing you are going to tell me that Tatanka is actually a human.