Page 214 of 302 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

I'm guessing ESPN wasn't offering much money (if any) to show Bison games.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Re: Point #1, which I can only assume is directed at me...

If you want to have a level headed conversation about this, I’m game. But I would like to point out a couple of things: First, I’ve never suggested to cancel the season. Second, I don’t identify with either political party. In our country today, I recognize that one political party currently aligns with MOST (definitely not ALL) positions backed by science, but that is an indictment of one of the parties, not science or me for aligning as such.

And lastly... you keep saying this kind of thing, that there is “science” that conflicts with other science. But that’s not how science works. While it is true that there are scientific articles that come out with dissenting opinions against current consensus, that’s not a “gotchya” or “proof” that one position is more right than the other, that’s actually an important demonstration of how science actually works: Scientists with decade-long degrees perform rigorous studies, publish, their peers (in specific fields) review and provide feedback in support or against (and sometimes journals issue retractions), and then this process is repeated over and over for years until the community as a whole feels they have enough evidence to hold a position on a particular topic. That’s how it works. Now, in the difficult pandemic situation, this process unfortunately required a fast track. This was a benefit as it relates to vaccine development and use, but definitely not beneficial as it relates to other forms of pandemic control. EVEN SO, to this point, the majority of the medical scientific community still agrees on the best measures to control and defeat this virus:

Get vaccinated, maintain social distance, wear masks, and wash your hands.

Now, what—in the actual fuck—do you have to disagree with about that?
    I don’t think MankatoBison is interested in having a level-headed discussion about any of these items. He seems more interested in combining a bunch of opinions he disagrees with, affixing them with non sequitur context, cranking them up to 11, then attributing them to a the nefarious although largely non-existent #FcsForever crowd. So much noise and no substance.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Good answers about the tickets. I'm just very worried about the future of NDSU football at this level..... sorry!

plus how the HELL isn't this NDSU vs SDSU game on ESPN 2 ? or ESPN major miss by our AD/Marketing people not pushing for these games to be nationally on. (and fuck KVLY if that's 1 reason)
    Haha!!! As if you can just call up ESPN and be like, “Hey, you should put us on national TV.” Give me a break. Now, I agree that the miss by ESPN/FS1 not to televise more games sucks. Other then showing Dion Sanders on the sidelines coaching a crap school.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Obviously a medication regulation issue.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Haha!!! As if you can just call up ESPN and be like, “Hey, you should put us on national TV.” Give me a break. Now, I agree that the miss by ESPN/FS1 not to televise more games sucks. Other then showing Dion Sanders on the sidelines coaching a crap school.
    its' the same way an administration would attempt to get into a certain conference.

Phone Calls/Discussions/Persuasions..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Ive got Frisco fatigue. went to the first 3, no interest in going again when they make it.

FBS games tho, are no question a must go.
    Sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee longhorn.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    So Far the #FcsForever crowd has offered these solutions to #BisonFatigue, which they also say does not exist:
    1. Cancel the season- #TrustScienceExceptForScienceThatDisagreesWithMyPo liticalBeliefs

2. Do NOT Sell beer. under any circumstances- you must not, cannot sell beer in the dome. The end of civilization

3. Schedule Indiana State again. We need more #elite talent coming to the dome. Fans are ravenous for the top level of football, and that means more #elite teams and #elite programs like indiana state, western illinois, ISUr, SIU, Montana State , Montana, Cal Poly, Dayton, Central Connecticut state etc. We're talking BIG BOI COLLEGE FOOTBALL HERE. If we continue to schedule these teams that totally take football seriously, the dome will be #BleedingYellow once again. Just imagine how empty the dome would be if we scheduled teams like Colorado State, Air Force, Wyoming, Kansas, Boise State, Cinicinati, Hawaii, Gorgia southern, App state, Buffalo etc.. seriously, everyone knows that every FCS team would take those morons to the woodshed. We are the TRUE standard for college football #FCSFOREVER!!!!!11!!!11!!1!

4. Ban Yellow jerseys and Green Helmets. No explanation needed. Enough of these entitled players and their #Swag and texting on their emails and internets. These kids need to grow up and stop being gang bangers with their "color rush jerseys" and "alternative helmets". we all know what those really mean. Gang violence..... Its all been downhill since we introduced those non-traditional combinations. Except for when we did the throwback snorty helmets. those are ok, but the rest just indicates that the University, and society as a whole is crumbling

5. Move back down to D2, or better yet, D3 or even NAIA. After all, the only, and I mean ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. Why win 8/9 championships when we could win 100/100 in NAIA? After all, the top level of all college football is wherever you can win a NATIONAL championship. The word NATIONAL is in its name so that is waaaaaaay way way way way better than winning something dumb like an "orange bowl" or "cotton bowl" or "fiesta bowl". I mean, what the f*ck are those? everyone know that advertisers are absolutely foaming at the mouth to advertise on the FCS, D2, D3, and NAIA championship games! No one watches a "rose bowl", lol... all about the Natties, baby, thats why youre seeing so many teams gleefully leaving the FBS for the FCS and even DII. Theyve seen the future of college football, and the future is D2

6.Do not, under any circumstances, improve or expand the dome. In fact, if we REDUCE the seats then it will decrease the amount of emtpy seats! Problem solved. Addition by subtraction. No one has ever or will ever be encouraged or discouraged to going to a game based on how interesting a stadium or facility is or the amenities that it offers. Think about it, that's why the price a trailer home is exactly the same price as a mansion on Gull Lake on AirBnb and VRBO! Duh! DO NOT IMPROVE THE DOME, just a waste of money that no one will notice or care about.

7. Ignore objective truths such as the "law of decreasing marginal utility". Nope. Its #FakeNews and #alternativeFacts. Ignore that UND propaganda. In fact, we believe that the longer youve had something, the MORE you are willing to pay for it! We believe that the less exciting something becomes the MORE exciting it becomes! It makes perfect sense if you dont think about it. If you want to reinvigorate your program, fan base, marriage, home, career- just change NOTHING and everything is bound to change! Its absolutely genius. Think about it- thats why farmers can no longer factor in depreciation on their taxes- because nothing gets less valuable, exciting, or useful over time, EVER! Again, it makes perfect sense to us #FCSForever Nazis. Just repeat and believe #FcsIsThePinnacleOfCollegeFootball
    I hope you feel better after this. Lots packed in here.

There are several regional teams that play FBS football that you can root for. Latch on there. That way you get your fix of the "elite" football you so desperately need.

Either that or continue to throw a tantrum because the NDSU athletic admin doesnt have the same opinion as you.

Also, several things you listed in your tantr-- i mean rant -- are much more challenging from a financial and logistical point than you care to recognize.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its' the same way an administration would attempt to get into a certain conference.

Phone Calls/Discussions/Persuasions..
    So why haven't you persuaded NDSU into actively trying to get into another conference?
    It's OK to not be OK.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So why haven't you persuaded NDSU into actively trying to get into another conference?
    his persistence is a big red flag for the admin. they recognize aligning with chap philosophically is a very bad thing.

hey, chapo. try some reverse psychology on them. just shut up completely about moving to fbs and ML will probably land us a spot in the Big 10.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    ESPN doesn't even promote the FCS national championship game on their own networks! Seems very dumb, almost like they are just throwing a bone to FCS because of some larger agreement that requires them to broadcast it.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016