Page 21 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

[QUOTE=FCS Nation;1175188]
    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

There were 3,000 less people at both of those games than you draw at the Fargo Dome. You have 5 times the number of students than the schools put together. 15,000 people at an FCS game when you are NOT Big State U is pretty damn good. FWIW The Citadel holds 21,000 with 3k seats closed due to lead paint.
    That's not true. Both of those stadiums were embarrassingly empty, 1'd I pulled those capacity numbers from
    Wikipedia. I didn't make it up.

But let's just say for a moment that I completely made up those numbers- and that Samford and wofford are national programs with ravenous football fans... that would make about 5 programs out of 125.

I'll take the point on this one too

After having a day + to digest it, I am fully on the conspiracy bandwagon that the committee last year and this year is doing everything they can to assure they never have an all Missouri Valley final again. Further, with that philosophy, they are making it as difficult for NDSU as they can. I honestly cannot see any way you can justify UND seated over SDSU; you just can't thus conspiracy.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    After having a day + to digest it, I am fully on the conspiracy bandwagon that the committee last year and this year is doing everything they can to assure they never have an all Missouri Valley final again. Further, with that philosophy, they are making it as difficult for NDSU as they can. I honestly cannot see any way you can justify UND seated over SDSU; you just can't thus conspiracy.
    3 loss vs 2 loss
    SDSU best win NDSU
    UND best win Poly
    Both conference "Co-Champs"
    Kind of a toss up really. They had UND above SDSU the whole time so I can see why they kept them where they were at.

SDSU dropped the ball when they lost to ISU-r (still don't understand how they looked so horrible against them).

Is this causing you fatigue?

Just giving you crap man!
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    3 loss vs 2 loss
    SDSU best win NDSU
    UND best win Poly
    Both conference "Co-Champs"
    Kind of a toss up really. They had UND above SDSU the whole time so I can see why they kept them where they were at.

SDSU dropped the ball when they lost to ISU-r (still don't understand how they looked so horrible against them).
    Sdsu best win light years better.
    SdSu conference far superior as a whole.
    ISUr loss much more acceptable than either Bowling Green or Stony Brook loss.
    Again, can't be justified. They are out to screw the valley and NDSU. And what about strength of schedule?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Again, can't be justified. They are out to screw the valley and NDSU. And what about strength of schedule?
    I agree SDSU's win is much better. SDSU has no one to blame but themselves. You can't lose to ISU-r and Poly

The NCAA also ends up ensuring there will be no all-Big Sky Conference
    final as well. Not that I think Grand Forks University could win that many playoff games (but the committee doesn't seem to know that), but Eastern Washington certainly could.
    So same thing, insuring there is no championship game with 2 teams from the same conference.

Sad to see lack of marketing, lack of furthering the national brand with inter-conference matchups in the quarterfinals for the FCS......

Buttttt, nice to get a chance to play the Jackrabbits again, like the Bison did with the Griz last year.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-22-2016 at 01:59 PM.

The committee sees the MVFC and the Big Sky as both good conferences. How many good teams vs poor teams would be splitting hairs for them. SDSU made it in to the seeding with 3 losses...I'm thinking that was big...UND had two losses at the beginning of the season and went through the conference without a loss. I doubt they put a ton of thought into it.

I do think SDSU deserved the #7 spot, but I can see how they got #8.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

2015 FCS Attendance Leaders

Montana - 24139
    Jacksonville State - 20598
    Yale - 20547
    James Madison - 19498
    Montana State - 19172
    Liberty - 18990
    NDSU - 18497
    Southern University - 18310
    Delaware - 15826
    South Carolina State - 15629
    Florida A&M - 15060
    North Carolina A&T - 14988
    Youngstown State - 14854
    Tennessee State - 14620
    Jackson State - 13252
    SDSU - 12899 (San Diego State??? )
    Harvard - 12799
    Alcorn State - 12343
    McNeese State - 11692
    Northern Iowa - 11549

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/footba...dance/2015.pdf

The Jackrabbits are averaging about 15000 this year with the new stadium completed, an increase of about 2200 from last season. Hope they don't hurt their average too much with an outdoor playoff game.....
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-22-2016 at 02:00 PM.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Big Sky 4-3 against the MVFC in head to head. Both are viewed as strong conferences
    Common opponents: Both beat USD. UND beat Cal Poly, SDSU lost to Cal Poly.
    UND on 9 game winning streak
    UND ranked ahead of SDSU in release 2 and 3 (neither ranked in release 1). A win over a team with a losing record shouldn't be that impressive.

Not saying it isn't debatable, because it is, but if you can't see that, its because you don't want to. Strength of schedule is good and all that, but you actually have to win the games as well as play them. If SDSU beat Cal Poly or ISU-r, they are ahead of UND and there are no arguments. They lost both of those games and still got seeded despite having 3 losses.