Page 206 of 302 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    oh I see the fatigue the last few years, the average sports fan just see's NDSU dominate, gets bored and are NOT going out of their way to do anything for NDSU (attend, tailgate or watch it on tv)

in 2011-2016 people were going out of their way to attend or tailgate for NDSU, last few years MEH.

FBS is the only way to get this back I'm afraid.
    Not that I WANT this to happen, but don't you think 5-10 years of mediocrity would bring back the hunger?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

oh I see the fatigue the last few years, the average sports fan just see's NDSU dominate, gets bored and are NOT going out of their way to do anything for NDSU (attend, tailgate or watch it on tv)

in 2011-2016 people were going out of their way to attend or tailgate for NDSU, last few years MEH.

FBS is the only way to get this back I'm afraid.
    Those people grew up. People move on and away.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

ok boomer .

No NDSU was HOT in 2011-2016 it was THE THING to do. These last few years have been the Plateau .

time to reach new heights.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ok boomer .

No NDSU was HOT in 2011-2016 it was THE THING to do. These last few years have been the Plateau .

Its your lie, you tell it any way you want.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Those people grew up. People move on and away.
    Yeah I'm thinking that was bound to "end" or whatever at some point.

ok boomer .

Different things trend at different times. I think going to FBS would make NDSU trendy again for a time at least. Maybe would catch on and turn into a little Nebraska or something. That'd be ideal but difficult to achieve in a small state with two schools.

Should also be noted that programs who are successful at FBS also deal with drops in enthusiasm. Alabama had Nick Saban lecturing their student section for not showing up a few years ago. Notre Dame lost their sellout steak a year ago and they have a top 5-ish fanbase and is a destination for visiting fans. Michigan was giving away tickets at gas stations with purchases of like $5 or something like that a few years back. Shit happens
    College of Business Alumnus

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I agree with some of this, but I guess I do understand being a casual fan, in a sense. I'm a casual fan of the Timberwolves and the Minnesota Wild--I mostly just get notifications of how they did in a game, and I basically lose interest when they don't do well (which is most of the time). For Bison football, I research opponents on during game weeks, stalk this fan site multiple times daily, even in the offseason, and I haven't missed a game in 15-20 years. Its in my blood and I would follow them just as closely if they played NAIA (Not meaning to brag or anything, as I know many of you are like me, but to illustrate my point)...

I agree we need more of you and me to be successful at the next level, and I think its the seeming lack of a challenge that feeds the "fatigue," but I think you're always going to have fans of the Bison who treat them how I treat the Wolves/Wild. It's just an ironic opposite effect that too much success appears to be causing it than too much losing.
    We need fans of all types to make a move. I know that SD is keen to get rid of the casual fans but we'll need their money as well.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    We need fans of all types to make a move. I know that SD is keen to get rid of the casual fans but we'll need their money as well.
    yup we are the ASSES we need the MASSES for the fbs move
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

All that has to be done to improve attendance is to close every lake within 150 miles of Fargo on home game weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    All that has to be done to improve attendance is to close every lake within 150 miles of Fargo on home game weekends.
    Get Walz on that... he's a pro at closing things.

ok boomer .

I don't think the team has plateaued but the fan base is leveling off. Give us a good game and it's as crazy as ever. For most games it's not the same energy level. Give us a game at Target Field and 35K show up. But it's quite obvious the days of FBS games are gone. We scheduled Oregon back in 2015. Have to wonder if they would book it again today.

We got Colorado (added June 2016 after a 5 peat and pre Iowa win) in 2024. Would they schedule it today? is there a buyout?

I was surprised we got Arizona which was announced June of 2017 for a game in 2022. They were really bad in 2016 too. Maybe they though we were done after losing to JMU in the semi's.That game has a 1 million dollar buyout.

But if we're FBS, we'll see games like that every year in non conference

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com