Page 204 of 302 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    If NDSU were to go FBS in the future one would hope that the strategy for recruiting would exclude trying to scoop players from regional FCS teams or the lower tier Iowa MN or Wisconsin recruits and more focused on the guys they currently aren't getting. Sure they have had some great recruits like Cox, Lance, and Radunz who are legit FBS talent and NDSU survived 11th hour attempts to steal these guys away by FBS teams. This talent needs to be the norm if NDSU moves up. Scooping regional FCS teams might get you a few diamonds but in the long run is not a sustainable strategy for success at the next level. I agree they need to stay regional but if NDSU would move up, they need to become a serious option for the MN, WI, IA, and ND kids that have Solid offers from regional P5 schools and not walk on or Grey shirt offer kids. NDSU has been great at recognizing those diamonds that fall through the system and should continue to offer and develope these kids. Sustainable success in the next level would mean offering and signing the 300 lb DT or 215 lb RB that has multiple FBS offers like Iowa, MN, WI, or even NE that wouldn't be considering NDSU as an option. Scooping regional FCS team recruits shouldn't be a priority in this hypothetical scenario.

Just like schools who count on Jucos and FBS transfers . Its not sustainable and you really cant develop a strong culture while turning over players every two years.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    [/B]

Just like schools who count on Jucos and FBS transfers . Its not sustainable and you really cant develop a strong culture while turning over players every two years.
    Was he getting at bringing in transfers or poaching recruits that are currently ending up at FCS schools because NDSU may not be able to offer as good of a scholarship right now?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Was he getting at bringing in transfers or poaching recruits that are currently ending up at FCS schools because NDSU may not be able to offer as good of a scholarship right now?
    No..............
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Has what happened with decision for this game attendence and Moving all games to fall helped or hurt Bison Fatigue.

I'll hang up and listen...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Has what happened with decision for this game attendence and Moving all games to fall helped or hurt Bison Fatigue.

I have COVID Fatigue. Sick of hearing all the hype and over reactions.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Game was worthless from the start. Still haven't seen a FBS invitation. Maybe 2030 your dreams will come true.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Out of sight, out of mind. I'm more having an NDSU administration fatigue.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Out of sight, out of mind. I'm more having an NDSU administration fatigue.
    Just straight up Covid fatigue for me.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Game was worthless from the start. Still haven't seen a FBS invitation. Maybe 2030 your dreams will come true.
    Hence the need to lobby for an invite, or go independent. Just speaking for myself, I'll be done with Bison football by then as I do not intend to watch another decade of FCS football.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Hence the need to lobby for an invite, or go independent. Just speaking for myself, I'll be done with Bison football by then as I do not intend to watch another decade of FCS football.
    PREEEACH this year's fiasco, along with Trey & Dillon leaving and COX getting plucked along with FCS teams not even able to afford to play this fall AND NDSU domination has put the writing on the wall.

The Fanbase that in 2007-2013 was dominated by an enthusiastic new, fresh, group of 25-35 year olds that made NDSU Tailgating and Partying the "IT THING" are bored with it.... SAD.. WE NEED A SHOT IN THE ARM LIKE NOW.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?