Page 200 of 302 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So what have they won? If your goal of going FBS is to be like Boise State you're an idiot. JFC I would hope NDSU would have higher expectations then that FFS.
    Additionally, I love that literally everyone who has responded to my comment has ignored completely the last question "what G5 program would you consider a step up from us? recruiting, revenue, NFL talent, Stadium, facilities? for those who think Boise is as equal or WORSE than NDSU generally, who do you believe is better in the G5?".
    Still ignoring this question 100% I see. No one is brave enough to answer this question apparently, lol

So you think they are too shitty to aspire to be, got it. then Tell me, oh knowledgeable one- who IS good enough to aspire to be? Because Boise is a step down from us in your world
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Additionally, I love that literally everyone who has responded to my comment has ignored completely the last question "what G5 program would you consider a step up from us? recruiting, revenue, NFL talent, Stadium, facilities? for those who think Boise is as equal or WORSE than NDSU generally, who do you believe is better in the G5?".
    Still ignoring this question 100% I see. No one is brave enough to answer this question apparently, lol

So you think they are too shitty to aspire to be, got it. then Tell me, oh knowledgeable one- who IS good enough to aspire to be? Because Boise is a step down from us in your world
    Mankato, I apologize for not answering your question... My point about the situation being a unique one for NDSU was a vague way of saying that I don't think there is a G5 program to aspire to be in order for a move to be successful, but maybe that's not really a good answer to your question. But honestly, that's all I'm really interested in (NDSU Success). I do think Boise and UCF have made a name for themselves recently, and I don't poo poo their accomplishments at all, but I don't think their success would factor into the success NDSU may or may not have in a G5.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Again, nobody said Boise is a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

With that said, right now, many "big-time" schools at the FBS has hurting financially with the current situation we're now in. P5 schools aren't hurting as bad, but many of the G5 schools are having their conferences request the NCAA to lower the limit of sports they most field in order to remain DI. This is a huge threat to most sports that aren't football or basketball.

I don't know how much NDSU will be suffering the next year or two, but seeing how little their budget is compared to any FBS school, they're probably in much better shape.
    Yeah, with everything going on, it would seem a move up is a lot less likely now than it ever may or may not have been.

We might get better non-conference games, but I don't think conference games would be any more challenging in any G5 conference.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think most people don't like the idea of going to any G5 conference because they don't like the idea of having a great football team that has a great season and ending it in a meaningless bowl game, which in all honesty, at this point, is EVERY bowl game not in the CFP. The upside to going G5 for most FCS schools is:
    1. better recruiting/better talent
    2. better competition every week
    3. better opportunity to be visible in the college football landscape

I do not think NDSU improves much, if at all, in any of these areas by joining a G5. We're already plenty visible where we are. That's what makes NDSU unique, and this conversation more nuanced than you are making it seem. I get your perspective, and I don't disagree, but I don't think its as black and white as you're claiming. I also don't think people are delusional for not wanting to be in a G5 conference.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We might get better non-conference games, but I don't think conference games would be any more challenging in any G5 conference.
    Yes. That is the 1 upside to going G5. Might even get to do a home/home and host a P5.

Lost in all this is that I would cheer for the Bison if they played in the NAIA. So G5, you bet. Lets go.

I'm pretty sure every single conference in the G5 is better than the hot garbage NDSU is stuck playing right now.
    College of Business Alumnus

hmm

western Illinois
    misery state
    indiana state
    und

vs

Colorado State
    Fresno State
    Boise State
    Air Force

yea... Doh'k
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm pretty sure every single conference in the G5 is better than the hot garbage NDSU is stuck playing right now.
    This is correct.

Defend staying in FCS- there are many reasons to stay. but "better competition in the FCS" is bat shit insane
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

This is correct.

Defend staying in FCS- there are many reasons to stay. but "better competition in the FCS" is bat shit insane
    Tell me how NDSU becomes competitive in G5.

Right now we have enough money, the right resources, a good recruiting footprint and a suitable stadium.

It's not just "hey we're FBS now".
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯