Page 199 of 302 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Seriously am jaw dropped that anyone believes that Boise States isnt a step up. Damn, the goal posts absolutely do not stop shifting with yall.

First, I was told, that Boise is a 1 and a million chance that we could NEVER be that good so quick, so they should not be used as a comp as they are the absolute best case scenario.
    but NOW I'm being told that Boise State is actually LOWER than us and should never be used as a comp!
    You cant have both, you gotta pick one.

Holy shit, if you guys didnt have double standards, you wouldnt have any at all.

Honest question: what G5 program would you consider a step up from us? recruiting, revenue, NFL talent, Stadium, facilities? for those who think Boise is as equal or WORSE than NDSU generally, who do you believe is better in the G5?
    Nobody said Boise is a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The point is that the G5 ISN'T a step up worthy of the absurd investment that we likely cannot reach.
    of course its a step up. AAC, MAC, MWC, CUSA SUN BELT > fcs
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    of course its a step up. AAC, MAC, MWC, CUSA SUN BELT > fcs
    I wrote that Boise wasn't a team to aspire to be. Their situation is completely different and it is not even relevant. I did not mention step up or step down. It makes no difference to my point.

I also wrote "Fuck Boise State"...or something like that.

That said, I see a lot of people writing that the G5 conferences would not be a step up in competition. I call BS on that. I think that the MWC and CUSA certainly would be. The others, I'm not so sure.
    Insert something clever here...

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I wrote that Boise wasn't a team to aspire to be. Their situation is completely different and it is not even relevant. I did not mention step up or step down. It makes no difference to my point.

I also wrote "Fuck Boise State"...or something like that.

That said, I see a lot of people writing that the G5 conferences would not be a step up in competition. I call BS on that. I think that the MWC and CUSA certainly would be. The others, I'm not so sure.
    All G5 conferences as a whole are a step up from any FCS. Some are higher than others. That doesn't mean NDSU would be at the bottom. They would likely be very competitive especially with additional scholarships. But the overall quality would be higher in each G5 conference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Nobody said Boise is a step down.
    Really? because when someone says Boise hasnt won anything of note, or that they are not worth aspiring to, it is implicit that they are not above us. It, in fact, directly implies that they are equal to us, or below us.

Additionally, I love that literally everyone who has responded to my comment has ignored completely the last question "what G5 program would you consider a step up from us? recruiting, revenue, NFL talent, Stadium, facilities? for those who think Boise is as equal or WORSE than NDSU generally, who do you believe is better in the G5?". Because literally all of those things are bigger and better at Boise than they are here, and its not close

Seriously if we cant agree that Boise State is a program at an elevated level when compared to NDSU then you guys are more delusional than I thought.
    AGAIN- are they too lofty to aspire to? Or too shitty of a program to aspire to be? Because right now it appears that the #FCSforever crowd will bounce between the two when it suits them, often causing whiplash
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    All G5 conferences as a whole are a step up from any FCS. Some are higher than others. That doesn't mean NDSU would be at the bottom. They would likely be very competitive especially with additional scholarships. But the overall quality would be higher in each G5 conference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Dont say that too loudly, they dont like when facts fly in the face of their confirmation bias. Be prepared to get nasty comments about your personal life in you DMs and get your name dragged for mentioning such an horrific thinsg like "the top 10 G5 schools would curb stomp the top 10 FCS Schools", and "the bottom 10 G5 schools would curb stomp the bottom 20-80 FCS schools"
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Really? because when someone says Boise hasnt won anything of note, or that they are not worth aspiring to, it is implicit that they are not above us. It, in fact, directly implies that they are equal to us, or below us.

Additionally, I love that literally everyone who has responded to my comment has ignored completely the last question "what G5 program would you consider a step up from us? recruiting, revenue, NFL talent, Stadium, facilities? for those who think Boise is as equal or WORSE than NDSU generally, who do you believe is better in the G5?". Because literally all of those things are bigger and better at Boise than they are here, and its not close

Seriously if we cant agree that Boise State is a program at an elevated level when compared to NDSU then you guys are more delusional than I thought.
    AGAIN- are they too lofty to aspire to? Or too shitty of a program to aspire to be? Because right now it appears that the #FCSforever crowd will bounce between the two when it suits them, often causing whiplash
    All right. In what way is Boise State a superior football program to NDSU?

I think most people don't like the idea of going to any G5 conference because they don't like the idea of having a great football team that has a great season and ending it in a meaningless bowl game, which in all honesty, at this point, is EVERY bowl game not in the CFP. The upside to going G5 for most FCS schools is:
    1. better recruiting/better talent
    2. better competition every week
    3. better opportunity to be visible in the college football landscape

I do not think NDSU improves much, if at all, in any of these areas by joining a G5. We're already plenty visible where we are. That's what makes NDSU unique, and this conversation more nuanced than you are making it seem. I get your perspective, and I don't disagree, but I don't think its as black and white as you're claiming. I also don't think people are delusional for not wanting to be in a G5 conference.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

So what have they won? If your goal of going FBS is to be like Boise State you're an idiot. JFC I would hope NDSU would have higher expectations then that FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I think most people don't like the idea of going to any G5 conference because they don't like the idea of having a great football team that has a great season and ending it in a meaningless bowl game, which in all honesty, at this point, is EVERY bowl game not in the CFP. The upside to going G5 for most FCS schools is:
    1. better recruiting/better talent
    2. better competition every week
    3. better opportunity to be visible in the college football landscape

I do not think NDSU improves much, if at all, in any of these areas by joining a G5. We're already plenty visible where we are. That's what makes NDSU unique, and this conversation more nuanced than you are making it seem. I get your perspective, and I don't disagree, but I don't think its as black and white as you're claiming. I also don't think people are delusional for not wanting to be in a G5 conference.
    Well written. Unfortunately, as much as this point has been made many times in the past, it won't change Sammy's goal of ripping on NDSU, its staff and athletes for not moving up (as if there really has been an invite and a call to begin with).

With that said, right now, many "big-time" schools at the FBS has hurting financially with the current situation we're now in. P5 schools aren't hurting as bad, but many of the G5 schools are having their conferences request the NCAA to lower the limit of sports they most field in order to remain DI. This is a huge threat to most sports that aren't football or basketball.

I don't know how much NDSU will be suffering the next year or two, but seeing how little their budget is compared to any FBS school, they're probably in much better shape.
    Hail the BISON!!!