Page 198 of 302 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    If we can't be on the CFP whats the point is my favorite.

so UCLA, Illinois, Arizona, Colorado fans should all be hammering their admin to move to FCS!
    You must have hydraulically powered legs to make a leap like that.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Soooo... I'm all for going FBS if we get an invite and if we have a plan to fund, etc. I'm all for taking a leap and betting on our boys and our larger community.

That said, I don't think that Boise State is something to aim for. Fuck BSU and their stupid gimmicky program. Sure, they paved a path that worked for a time but they're not a program that I ever think of when I consider moving up. In fact, I don't see a program like ours that we can emulate. That's why I think so many people have a hard time imagining it. Please STOP making the reference to Boise State to make your point. It doesn't help and it likely detracts from your point.

The other thing that informs me is that I don't want NDSU to make a move because of some little-guy syndrome, looking for attention. The attention shouldn't be main goal. That's a perspective of small-mindedness. (Even though some pro FBS'ers say it is small-minded to not want more...) Our goal should be to continue to develop a higher baseline of excellence for the entire university, athletics being only one component of that larger picture. Out of all of the press that Bison Football has ever received, the best for me BY FAR was the discussion of "perfection" discussed during the ABC broadcast in January.

In conclusion: Fuck Boise State University.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Soooo...

...In conclusion: Fuck Boise State University.
    I can get behind this.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Soooo... I'm all for going FBS if we get an invite and if we have a plan to fund, etc. I'm all for taking a leap and betting on our boys and our larger community.

That said, I don't think that Boise State is something to aim for. Fuck BSU and their stupid gimmicky program. Sure, they paved a path that worked for a time but they're not a program that I ever think of when I consider moving up. In fact, I don't see a program like ours that we can emulate. That's why I think so many people have a hard time imagining it. Please STOP making the reference to Boise State to make your point. It doesn't help and it likely detracts from your point.

The other thing that informs me is that I don't want NDSU to make a move because of some little-guy syndrome, looking for attention. The attention shouldn't be main goal. That's a perspective of small-mindedness. (Even though some pro FBS'ers say it is small-minded to not want more...) Our goal should be to continue to develop a higher baseline of excellence for the entire university, athletics being only one component of that larger picture. Out of all of the press that Bison Football has ever received, the best for me BY FAR was the discussion of "perfection" discussed during the ABC broadcast in January.

In conclusion: Fuck Boise State University.
    Well said. Continue to improve the university as a whole. We don't have the academic profile to compete with B10 B12.

Be pretty cool if we did though
    (Insert pic of Chris Farley)

ripping on Boise State.... HAHAHAHA a new low.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/25/b...am-ohio-state/

219 - 43 since 2000

Boise State's Winningest FBS program since 2000 and 2007 the statue of liberty to beat Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl is stuff of legends.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

no no. after 2015 or 2016 leaving.. we'd be a Boise State by now easily.
    BUUUUT we'd also be completely out of this oil money you used to speak so highly of. Or wait.... did you mean that you wanted us to go FBS, build a new stadium and convert the FargoDome into a giant oil containment unit? As of yesterday people would have literally paid us to store oil in there. Oil that we can then turn around later this fall and sell for a YUUUUGE profit! Think about it! We'd be so rich we could buy our way into the SEC! Lakes, you sir are a visionary!

ripping on Boise State.... HAHAHAHA a new low.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/25/b...am-ohio-state/

219 - 43 since 2000

Boise State's Winningest FBS program since 2000 and 2007 the statue of liberty to beat Oklahoma in Fiesta Bowl is stuff of legends.
    What have they really "won"? They are still in the MWC. They still have no shot at a NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What have they really "won"? They are still in the MWC. They still have no shot at a NC.
    Nothing. They were the cool football school to talk about 15 years ago, now not so much. They are just another middle of the road FBS team that gets to play some games on national television from time to time. So does NDSU
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 04-21-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Seriously am jaw dropped that anyone believes that Boise States isnt a step up. Damn, the goal posts absolutely do not stop shifting with yall.

First, I was told, that Boise is a 1 and a million chance that we could NEVER be that good so quick, so they should not be used as a comp as they are the absolute best case scenario.
    but NOW I'm being told that Boise State is actually LOWER than us and should never be used as a comp!
    You cant have both, you gotta pick one.

Holy shit, if you guys didnt have double standards, you wouldnt have any at all.

Honest question: what G5 program would you consider a step up from us? recruiting, revenue, NFL talent, Stadium, facilities? for those who think Boise is as equal or WORSE than NDSU generally, who do you believe is better in the G5?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Seriously am jaw dropped that anyone believes that Boise States isnt a step up. Damn, the goal posts absolutely do not stop shifting with yall.

First, I was told, that Boise is a 1 and a million chance that we could NEVER be that good so quick, so they should not be used as a comp as they are the absolute best case scenario.
    but NOW I'm being told that Boise State is actually LOWER than us and should never be used as a comp!
    You cant have both, you gotta pick one.

Holy shit, if you guys didnt have double standards, you wouldnt have any at all.

Honest question: what G5 program would you consider a step up from us? recruiting, revenue, NFL talent, Stadium, facilities? for those who think Boise is as equal or WORSE than NDSU generally, who do you believe is better in the G5?
    The point is that the G5 ISN'T a step up worthy of the absurd investment that we likely cannot reach.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯