Page 174 of 302 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    And who in the MAC would give us a game? We'd piss pump the MAC.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Challenges would be AAC and MWC and conference invites there won't happen.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    For TV coverage it's limited when you live outside of the market, but for audio and stories, try Bison Report or Bison 1660.
    Bison 1660 has like 14 hours a week of Bison coverage and it's all podcast, not including games.
    Bison report is awesome for print. Also Dom Izzo has a radio show every morning which you can listen to online
    what is the website address for bisonreport? I thought that was a pay site as well? I could listen to bison 1660... never really thought about that... the few times I have listened they talked more about their firehouse subs than they did anything else... was kind of turned off...

The same arguments over and over. Talking about fatigue.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    There are very few "them" in G5 conferences that would be willing to travel to Fargo (few, if any P5 ever would), thus the disconnect for many of us.
    Well there's literally 0 in the FCS.

There's at least 30-50 in the FBS where we'd have to play EXCELLENT to beat.

Thus the disconnect for many of us to stay FCS.

And I dont know if you knew this... but.. did you know that we can play away games? We've done it a few time in the past against these top 30-50 ish teams. you may remember Iowa, Kansas State, Iowa State, Minnesota, just to name a few, and did you know we didnt play at the Fargodome? It was still super fun!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can we well agree there are multiple factors at play that feed into the "fatigue?"

1. The games for the most part haven't been competitive in quite some time. I'll always be a fan but the crowd had gotten boring. Games are out of hand early and we all know Scandinavians are pretty reserved by nature and aren't going to bring that fire unless there is something to cheer for.
    2. Society has changed in regards to attention span, especially apparent in student attendance. Though I will say I want able to go to many games as a student because I worked most Saturday morning/afternoons. This also led to not forming a 'bond' with a group that really liked going to games.
    3. The Fargodome sucks. It's run very well shown by the fact that it constantly makes money when almost no other venue like it does. But it is outdated, ugly, lacks any amenities beyond what is necessary. You see venues being built now adding in bells and whistles to try enhance the Gameday experience where the Fargodome shows kids flossing. It is what it is, a place for the game to be played out of the elements (which is a good thing).

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Can we well agree....
    NO!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

3. The Fargodome sucks. It's run very well shown by the fact that it constantly makes money when almost no other venue like it does. But it is outdated, ugly, lacks any amenities beyond what is necessary. You see venues being built now adding in bells and whistles to try enhance the Gameday experience where the Fargodome shows kids flossing. It is what it is, a place for the game to be played out of the elements (which is a good thing).
    I don't agree with that at all. It is not U.S. Bank Stadium, but it is still one of the premiere venues in FCS and they've kept it updated quite nicely. It does need suites and club seating, but that won't help attendance.

about 750 unsold student tickets from what I can tell?

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    about 750 unsold student tickets from what I can tell?
    That is better than last week.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Can we well agree there are multiple factors at play that feed into the "fatigue?"

1. The games for the most part haven't been competitive in quite some time. I'll always be a fan but the crowd had gotten boring. Games are out of hand early and we all know Scandinavians are pretty reserved by nature and aren't going to bring that fire unless there is something to cheer for.
    2. Society has changed in regards to attention span, especially apparent in student attendance. Though I will say I want able to go to many games as a student because I worked most Saturday morning/afternoons. This also led to not forming a 'bond' with a group that really liked going to games.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Blaming the Fargodome may be the lamest excuse ever. It's the same building as it was at the start of our run but better. NFL level video boards and lots of smaller upgrades since 2011. The dome is a strength.

The production has gotten to be a little flat but It boils down to the games. Whenever we get a good opponent it's pretty rockin

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com