Page 16 of 302 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    we've basically had 8 seasons of home games in the last 5 years. The 3 straight weekends for playoffs is a fucking grind on the bank account and the body.
    Why do you need to tailgate? I go to the game and go home. Pretty easy on both the body and the bank account, no?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Why do you need to tailgate? I go to the game and go home. Pretty easy on both the body and the bank account, no?
    Yea I'll give that a try

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    That's a horrible example. What has Boise done lately? Talk about irrelevant!

Isn't notre dame on somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I simply said you seem to have no grasp of economics. That seems odd for a finance major. Oh well, Blue said it better than I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My job/ degree are not related to economics.

Regardless, I don't really care what's best for NDSU, I just want fbs because it'd be nice to watch them play against other schools that take football serious.
    College of Business Alumnus

No fatigue here. Just getting more pumped. Go Bison.......

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'm sick of the Bison fans who bitch about bison fans bitching about stuff. Your the arrogant assholes who think your shit don't stink because you are righteous do good fans. Can't post crap because you might offend someone. It's the dam internet. Quoting a great fan forum mind here hope I get it right. The internet used to be a place where you could say stuff.

Go Bison!
    They might make pills for this .. sickness?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by Jude3 View Post
    I've been a bison fan my whole life but I have to admit that I'm not as excited for some of these regular season games anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love watching the games and seeing the young men work their tails off to make the big plays etc. but I'm starting to lean towards the FBS camp where I would like to see us tackle bigger and better challenges. (Yes I'm aware of the shortcomings for that to happen) Maybe my fatigue is more with the fcs rankings and playoff committee being clueless, or the many fcs schools that just aren't committed to football.
    I agree. Its like we need more to chew on. The FCS teams and schools don't even come close to the passion Fargo has. Away games look like NAIA FB Games with 3,000 fans in many MVFC stadiums.
    Part of success is the rush to knock off the Big Boys, and we are playing little boys each week. Yet none of it matters until a FBS Conference like the Big 12 would give us an invite to join their conference then we have a stadium issue? So we can talk all we want about bigger challenges, better visiting teams with stadiums full coming to watch NDSU play, but its not our play to say we are leaving the FCS. We need the invite, Wrestling is already Big 12 and to me regionally North/South its a great fit. Add one more southern team like Houston and you have Big 12 North/Big 12 South.

Again this is historical college football we are watching. We just have to enjoy how hard this years team is hanging in there with injuries mounting, and being so young they do make mistakes which we forget instead of a loaded experienced Bison team of the past, whats further amazing is how young this program is in talent and they have learned how to win..... what it takes..... guts... passion.... players of past in their mind...., no quit..... this team has a incredible freshman class coming redshirted and we will see the next 4years set us up for a FBS invite in my opinion. We are in a perfect place, watching history, and when the invite comes, then we close this historical chapter and prepare the next level when and if it comes which I believe it will. I am board watch many Power 5 games because the players are not coached as well as ours and I now can say we can play with almost anyone in the nation, excluding Alabama, Ohio State, the rest of them we are there!

Can't wait for the home field run to Frisco.

Go Bison,
    NoDak Bisman

I don't know if it is "fatigue" as much as it is complacency in a form as many of these games it's almost a given for NDSU to win as it has been awhile that we have lost multiple games in a year that we should have won especially against say questionable opponents.

81-6. C'mon people. Put some heat on the admin!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I have laid it a few times how economically it doesn't make any sense to move to a G5 conference many times, so people can go search for my posts if they care. The bottom line it is at best a lateral move that will cost 10s of millions of dollars. At worse, it is a lateral move that costs us 10s of millions of dollars and then an actual second tier develops that makes the most sense for NDSU that cost millions more to restructure. If anyone is worried about Bison fatigue and thinks winning at the FCS is getting boring, what do you think it would be like to win at the G5 level and get nothing in return? Their TV contracts are not that much more lucrative relative to expenses as what NDSU is getting now. Their championship is a 1/1 bowl that could potentially reward the school with the best schedule, not the best team at the level. The absolute only chance of playing in a NC playoff is, well, there isn't any.

The best answer, IMHO, to all of this, is to wait for G5 fatigue to fully set in. They need W. Mich to finish undefeated and get their token #10 spot. Boise State is a better team, but the one loss to WYO is going to screw them. This is what will continue to need happening before there is a movement to create a true second tier with its own branding and playoffs without simply a P5 shutout, which isn't going to happen because like wagsabison said, the G5 fills the schedule at a relatively cheap price. In the current setup, the only way for a G5 school to gain cred would be to schedule their entire OOC games on the road against P5 opponents and win them all, go undefeated, and win their bowl game. All the while, having the G5 schools they play be competitive so they aren't seen as an anomaly.

NDSU needs to be patient and the rest of college football will shake out with a true second tier developing. NDSU will be in that second tier. One strategy and one move. The only thing that interferes with that plan would be the unrealistic P5 invite.

I don't know if it matters, but I do have a degree in economics from NDSU.
    I don't normally quote myself, but since Chapo from his prison cell PM'd me with his signature red chiclet and said "we are currently playing in the third tier", I thought I should publicly respond.

I don't disagree with that statement. We are currently in the third tier without a well-defined, branded second tier to join. My statement about being patient is not about where we are at today, other than the current second tier is really not a worthwhile step up from FCS. For the most part, the G5 is exponentially more expensive without a relative exponential increase in revenue and zero opportunity for a playoff. The current structure of D1 college football at the P5/G5 level is about filling schedules and throwing a bone to one G5 program at the end of the season. The same could be accomplished with a true second tier with its own playoff system where the new second tier still plays OOC games against the P5 schools but have their own party in the end. Basically a new FCS with most of the current G5, the top 1/2 of the current FCS, and allowing the schools who don't want to participate at the prescribed scholarship level to move down to D2 or D3 by unhitching football from the D1 requirement for all sports. I do think this will eventually become the future.

What is FCS? It is basketball schools that want to play football. What is the G5 conferences? Mid-majors who are a little more serious about football. For all practical purposes, we fit the G5 model in everything except they don't have a playoff. It is my feeling the G5 schools will look for ways to expand its marketability in football instead of simply riding on the P5 coattails.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    I agree. Its like we need more to chew on. The FCS teams and schools don't even come close to the passion Fargo has. Away games look like NAIA FB Games with 3,000 fans in many MVFC stadiums.
    Part of success is the rush to knock off the Big Boys, and we are playing little boys each week. Yet none of it matters until a FBS Conference like the Big 12 would give us an invite to join their conference then we have a stadium issue? So we can talk all we want about bigger challenges, better visiting teams with stadiums full coming to watch NDSU play, but its not our play to say we are leaving the FCS. We need the invite, Wrestling is already Big 12 and to me regionally North/South its a great fit. Add one more southern team like Houston and you have Big 12 North/Big 12 South.

Again this is historical college football we are watching. We just have to enjoy how hard this years team is hanging in there with injuries mounting, and being so young they do make mistakes which we forget instead of a loaded experienced Bison team of the past, whats further amazing is how young this program is in talent and they have learned how to win..... what it takes..... guts... passion.... players of past in their mind...., no quit..... this team has a incredible freshman class coming redshirted and we will see the next 4years set us up for a FBS invite in my opinion. We are in a perfect place, watching history, and when the invite comes, then we close this historical chapter and prepare the next level when and if it comes which I believe it will. I am board watch many Power 5 games because the players are not coached as well as ours and I now can say we can play with almost anyone in the nation, excluding Alabama, Ohio State, the rest of them we are there!

Can't wait for the home field run to Frisco.

Go Bison,
    NoDak Bisman
    Our atmosphere and fan base is huge but we don't play in front of 3k fans on the road. Most teams in our conference average over 10k per game.

Last year every road game was over 10k except for Indiana State

This year every road game had over 10k except for Western Illinois who traditionally draws well.

Yeah there are some non scholarship leagues that draw like crap but we don't play them

2015 NCAA DIVISION I FCS CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
    Total 2015 Change
    Rank Division I FCS Teams Games Attendance Average In Avg.
    1. Southwestern Athletic 10 51 653,962 12,823 42
    2. Missouri Valley Football 10 60 654,948 10,916 109
    3. Big Sky 13 70 691,412 9,877 369
    4. Ohio Valley 9 48 435,719 9,077 1,625
    5. Colonial 12 68 612,425 9,006 339
    6. Mid-Eastern 11 52 464,749 8,937 172
    7. Ivy 8 39 345,724 8,865 -337
    8. Southern 8 46 377,674 8,210 6
    9. Southland 9 50 372,987 7,460 -565
    10. Big South# 7 40 *291,162 7,279 431
    11. Patriot 7 38 211,844 5,575 -339
    12. Pioneer 11 61 209,921 3,441 159
    13. Northeast 7 35 93,154 2,662 510
    FCS Independent# 1 6 42,769 7,128 n/a

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com