Page 121 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    It is interesting how all the reasoning for not going actual D1 mirror the same reasons that were being mentioned when the Bison made the move to FCS. NOBODY knew if that was going to work out or not, many proclaimed it as the beginning of the end. I really don't give 'two baskets of s---' whether the Bison go actual D1 or not, i'll cheer for them either way. Again, my biggest fear is in the saying "if your standing still, your going backward". That may explain the complacency in fans today.... [B]I do know that once you are actual D1 your schedule becomes available to any and all FCS and D1 teams as there is incentive to play each other, not penalty.
    [/B

You obviously dont know how this works.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    You mean like issues that are much bigger in regard to this move but not equally relevant to the last? Go from FCS to Divison 1 and than call Klieman and Bohl and see if they want to schedule. They will pull out their calenders! Include PJ on that too. Small states that have D1 football with the likes of Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah draw 60,000+ most every game. Its the NFL of those states not the AFL.
    Again, FCS is DI. It explicitly says so on the DI trophies NDSU has won this past decade. Stop degrading the athletes and staff of this team. I thought only F'Hawkers were dumb enough to do this.

In regards to the scheduling, only Iowa and Nebraska draw more than 60,000+ per game. In regards to those programs and the "small" States they play in, only Wyoming is comparable to North Dakota. And all those schools never had to worry about DI or FBS transitioning like NDSU has and will.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Appreciate the feedback. I'm interested in solutions as well. Hence the discussion. My agenda isn't an FBS one and I don't want to get bogged down in all of that. I just know what brought me back to NDSU and it started at the 2006 Bison v. Gopher game. Bison fandom is contagious when the passion of the fanbase is on full display. I don't believe it has been on display as much recently and that concerns me.
    You can only ride the high so long. Some peoples attention span arent as good as others hence all of the intra game activity to keep them entertained. Ribbon lights etc etc etc. They bore easily. They are fans of the outcome and the party not the game itself. You are going to lose fans. Every team has some attrition and its built in to the business model.

Back to our conversation about whether I am concerned. My reply was I trust those in charge. Let me explain.

Oh about 10 years ago i was over at the BSA talking to Pat Simmers. It was lunch time and I got invited to lunch with Pat and a couple of administrators. During the lunch they covered many different subjects. About 3/4 through the lunch they asked me if I had any input or questions. So I started asking question about all the great concerns that were brought up at BV. They didnt even have to think about the answer because those subjects had been on the agenda for 2 years. They had thought of those issues that far ahead and had been prioritized. Of course the priority list order wasnt the same as the list on BV. But on BV the world was going to end if this didnt happen etc etc. Even when told that hey there is light at the end of the tunnel. Be patient. Nobody would believe it. The admin didnt know shit. They werent doing there jobs and they were resting on the laurels of the winning football team etc etc. But guess what? EVERTHING they discussed that day has come to fruition.
    Thats why I trust that this administration knows what needs to done to make the next move. One more flicker or hint of the future. When I reconnected with NDSU I was given a private tour of the Fargodome.
    As we were going by the football offices and getting the description of what those offices were for we walked by this HUGE office that was empty. I looked with a puzzled look on my face .At that point I was told----thats the head coaches office when we move up to FBS.
    Im not worried. These people have vision.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that most Bison fans don't really understand or care how we move up, but just believe that we should because of the whole competition angle?
    Yes, but the vast majority will pump the brakes once they're made aware of the hurdles. They're still for moving up, but are more cautious in their approach. That probably where most of us on this forum are.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I dont think anyone has linked empty seats to ticket prices. I think the max has been reached.
    I gave up my season tickets this year. Have had them over a decade Two reasons. One most games are boring. Two when tickets start costing as much as a country club membership I’m out. Three,not only are the ticket prices and fees outrageous. Then you get certain people calling you asking for more money. Lol. I would for sure buy seat license and season tickets in a new stadium with an FBS schedule. Not that I don’t love winning and championships. I do. But other than the SDSU game and the championship I really do t have a lot of interest in attending a games and longer. Still tailgate most games as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There has been a plethora of excuses. The big one was it was inconvenient to go to the ticket office. So they made it convenient. Didnt work. You shouldnt have to beg students to go games.
    I don't recall the ticket office excuse for students and I was there for the last year or two of that. I think the student section was generally full at that time.

I've been away now for almost five years(time flies) so I'm not sure what the excuse is now. I'm assuming the lack of competitive football is playing some part. It's one thing to demolish teams for a season, we are creeping up on a decade of it now. Hard to keep young people entertained.

My bigger concern would be the long term impact.got an awful lot of new and future alums who are rather apathetic.
    College of Business Alumnus

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You can only ride the high so long. Some peoples attention span arent as good as others hence all of the intra game activity to keep them entertained. Ribbon lights etc etc etc. They bore easily. They are fans of the outcome and the party not the game itself. You are going to lose fans. Every team has some attrition and its built in to the business model.

Back to our conversation about whether I am concerned. My reply was I trust those in charge. Let me explain.

Oh about 10 years ago i was over at the BSA talking to Pat Simmers. It was lunch time and I got invited to lunch with Pat and a couple of administrators. During the lunch they covered many different subjects. About 3/4 through the lunch they asked me if I had any input or questions. So I started asking question about all the great concerns that were brought up at BV. They didnt even have to think about the answer because those subjects had been on the agenda for 2 years. They had thought of those issues that far ahead and had been prioritized. Of course the priority list order wasnt the same as the list on BV. But on BV the world was going to end if this didnt happen etc etc. Even when told that hey there is light at the end of the tunnel. Be patient. Nobody would believe it. The admin didnt know shit. They werent doing there jobs and they were resting on the laurels of the winning football team etc etc. But guess what? EVERTHING they discussed that day has come to fruition.
    Thats why I trust that this administration knows what needs to done to make the next move. One more flicker or hint of the future. When I reconnected with NDSU I was given a private tour of the Fargodome.
    As we were going by the football offices and getting the description of what those offices were for we walked by this HUGE office that was empty. I looked with a puzzled look on my face .At that point I was told----thats the head coaches office when we move up to FBS.
    Im not worried. These people have vision.
    I haven’t had the benefit of a sit down with leadership. Not many have. I’ll trust your opinion on this and I definitely appreciate the insight. Thank you. I do however wish there was a way for leadership to share more of those thoughts with the larger fan base. I think it might ease some frustration. I believe most people are reasonable and understand there are limitations to what and how quickly things can be built.

Default Bison Fatigue

For those that don’t think players are involved with social media, just think how our players feel about “fans” here saying they are bored with winning and this team. Don’t think they don’t read BV and that the “substance” doesn’t wear on them. Just effing stop already—> https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...te-quarterback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I haven’t had the benefit of a sit down with leadership. Not many have. I’ll trust your opinion on this and I definitely appreciate the insight. Thank you. I do however wish there was a way for leadership to share more of those thoughts with the larger fan base. I think it might ease some frustration. I believe most people are reasonable and understand there are limitations to what and how quickly things can be built.
    [B][/B

Ahhhh you think it gets crazy with no info???? Its worse giving them any tidbit.It gets blown so far out of proportion that the original idea doesnt exist anymore. And no they have no reasonable expectations. It has to be done now or they arent doing there job. And Im not kidding.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[B][/B

Ahhhh you think it gets crazy with no info???? Its worse giving them any tidbit.It gets blown so far out of proportion that the original idea doesnt exist anymore. And no they have no reasonable expectations. It has to be done now or they arent doing there job. And Im not kidding.
    Haha. Public Relations can definitely be tricky. As someone who has dealt with it in a city government realm, it can feel like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. The reality is that the vocal minority ruins it. The PR campaign isn’t for them. It’s for the relatively silent majority that makes their decisions without much “bluster”. They make their mind up based on the information available. If you let the vocal minority control the narrative, you lose. There are more rationale people than irrational and I believe your message should be directed at them. Not trying to convince the irrational to change their minds. This forum is a case study in this. It’s not about changing El Chapo’s mind. It’s about influencing mine and people like me. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.