Page 120 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

It is interesting how all the reasoning for not going actual D1 mirror the same reasons that were being mentioned when the Bison made the move to FCS. NOBODY knew if that was going to work out or not, many proclaimed it as the beginning of the end. I really don't give 'two baskets of s---' whether the Bison go actual D1 or not, i'll cheer for them either way. Again, my biggest fear is in the saying "if your standing still, your going backward". That may explain the complacency in fans today.... I do know that once you are actual D1 your schedule becomes available to any and all FCS and D1 teams as there is incentive to play each other, not penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    It is interesting how all the reasoning for not going actual D1 mirror the same reasons that were being mentioned when the Bison made the move to FCS.
    No, simply not true. I, along with others, have pointed out the issues. Issues that are much bigger than the jump from DII to FCS and issues that didn't exist back when they made the jump.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    No, simply not true. I, along with others, have pointed out the issues. Issues that are much bigger than the jump from DII to FCS and issues that didn't exist back when they made the jump.
    You mean like issues that are much bigger in regard to this move but not equally relevant to the last? Go from FCS to Divison 1 and than call Klieman and Bohl and see if they want to schedule. They will pull out their calenders! Include PJ on that too. Small states that have D1 football with the likes of Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah draw 60,000+ most every game. Its the NFL of those states not the AFL.

You mean like issues that are much bigger in regard to this move but not equally relevant to the last? Go from FCS to Divison 1 and than call Klieman and Bohl and see if they want to schedule. They will pull out their calenders! Include PJ on that too. Small states that have D1 football with the likes of Iowa State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah draw 60,000+ most every game. Its the NFL of those states not the AFL.
    Attendance at Wyoming has averaged about 20,000 this year.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I don't know how any of you can mad at me or "pro fbs" fans that want to see our Alma Mater at the highest possible level they could achieve. you act all negatively towards it. I just think NDSU is missing out on getting even Bigger and Better.

123 - 8 7 titles. I don't see anyone stopping up this year or Next.

145-9 9 titles in 10 years? ( if we drop 1 in playoffs or 1 next year)

Just want to see NDSU to get Bigger and Better and not Plateau/Status Quo. that means we are Fans and want more!

2 NDSU programs, Kansas State & Wyoming were Ranked in top 25, Appy State was, hell Minnesota is #7 or #10! Doesn't that make you wonder JUST HOW GOOD NDSU COULD BE?

answer that.
    They need to get bigger and richer first.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is interesting how all the reasoning for not going actual D1 mirror the same reasons that were being mentioned when the Bison made the move to FCS. NOBODY knew if that was going to work out or not, many proclaimed it as the beginning of the end. I really don't give 'two baskets of s---' whether the Bison go actual D1 or not, i'll cheer for them either way. Again, my biggest fear is in the saying "if your standing still, your going backward". That may explain the complacency in fans today.... I do know that once you are actual D1 your schedule becomes available to any and all FCS and D1 teams as there is incentive to play each other, not penalty.
    Have you forgotten how tough it was to find conferences for the FCS move? No way do I want to go through the equivalent of the Great West Football conference, which is what independent would be. We only got into the then Gateway Conference thanks to SDSU saying "All or none".

Trying to find an FBS conference would be 10 times worse.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I don't know how any of you can mad at me or "pro fbs" fans that want to see our Alma Mater at the highest possible level they could achieve. you act all negatively towards it. I just think NDSU is missing out on getting even Bigger and Better.

123 - 8 7 titles. I don't see anyone stopping up this year or Next.

145-9 9 titles in 10 years? ( if we drop 1 in playoffs or 1 next year)

Just want to see NDSU to get Bigger and Better and not Plateau/Status Quo. that means we are Fans and want more!

2 NDSU programs, Kansas State & Wyoming were Ranked in top 25, Appy State was, hell Minnesota is #7 or #10! Doesn't that make you wonder JUST HOW GOOD NDSU COULD BE?

answer that.
    Because you don’t STFU about it first and foremost.

And Wyoming, Minnesota and K State are in conferences that make geographical sense. So no...I literally Spend zero amount of Fs wondering how good “we” could be. K State doesn’t fit anymore fans in the Fargodome than SDSU or UND do. #what
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Not far fetched when required Teammakers dues are approaching $2,000 per seat.
    truth. Forgot about that.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kstate and Wyoming aren’t NDSU programs. Just because they have some coaches from NDSU doesn’t make them NDSU programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So they will just pull out the magic wand and boom we are on the schedule?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."