Page 12 of 302 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Thats what youre coming back with? FBS carries prestige no matter the conference. You dont think recruits know that? What about hosting p5 schools in 2 or 3 for 1 deals? You dont think thats better than Butler or SW South Carolina State?
    It's funny...you guys used to use the term "exposure". Now we're going with prestige? Again I ask is this a self esteem thing?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I don't have any. Didn't make any claims. Said let's see facts from both sides. And yes...I watch college football all day. FBS and FCs.
    You watch college football all day, yet I bet you've never watched a GSU or other Sun Belt game in your LIFE? Right? Isn't that what you're saying? You watch college football all day, FBS and FCS, but a Sun Belt game doesn't register on your radar?? I highly doubt that...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Lol...beef o Brady bowl for them! Congrats.
    Um...they get a New Years Six bowl...but you know. Whatever to further your point...or lack thereof!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

It's funny...you guys used to use the term "exposure". Now we're going with prestige? Again I ask is this a self esteem thing?
    exposure: something this site spooges on when they get friday night ESPN games. same thing would be said for tues or wednesday night MAC games

prestige: something that recruits hear and would automatically give the edge because its obviously a higher level of football

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You watch college football all day, yet I bet you've never watched a GSU or other Sun Belt game in your LIFE? Right? Isn't that what you're saying? You watch college football all day, FBS and FCS, but a Sun Belt game doesn't register on your radar?? I highly doubt that...
    Exactly...which is why I am saying if we go FBS it better be a P% conference. Cuz a non p5 conference is less relevant than where we are now. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    exposure: something this site spooges on when they get friday night ESPN games. same thing would be said for tues or wednesday night MAC games

prestige: something that recruits hear and would automatically give the edge because its obviously a higher level of football
    Never pictured you as a tap dancer. Hmm.

Why does this have to get personal with someone who isn't even in the conversation?

I don't agree with them...but this seems unnecessary.
    You don't see the neg reps and comments filled with four letter words. He'll show up eventually.

Bottom line is that the people in charge have NDSU's best interest in mind at all times. Not true for some others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly...which is why I am saying if we go FBS it better be a P% conference. Cuz a non p5 conference is less relevant than where we are now. IMO.
    So you ARE saying you don't watch a SBC/MWC/MAC game? Because I definitely watch those games. I guess I consider myself a football fan and I enjoy competitive football regardless of the level. I watch FCS games that don't matter to NDSU because I like football.
    check neg rep

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Boise should have stayed FCS. Think about all the JV titles!
    That's the other point in which all those that are banging the drum so hard for FBS are misguided.

First of all, I am not convinced that moving up to G5 level FBS is a step up at all. But for the sake of argument, say we do move up......the Pro-FBS crowd assumes that we will automatically become the next Boise State or surpass their level of success when in reality there are many more prgrams like UMass, W.Kentucky, Old Dominion, Idaho and others that had some level of success at FCS and have become irrelevant after a move up to FBS.

Also, everyone who thinks that G5 is so much bigger and better needs to remember that it includes 22 more full scholarships for FB (plus an equivalent number for women's teams as required by Title IX), most likely a new stadium at a cost of $75 million at a minimum, increased coaches salaries, increased travel and recruiting expenses, and there's that pesky little requirement of needing an invite to another conference. All of this does not come cheap and the return on investment is minimal at best in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    So you ARE saying you don't watch a SBC/MWC/MAC game? Because I definitely watch those games. I guess I consider myself a football fan and I enjoy competitive football regardless of the level. I watch FCS games that don't matter to NDSU because I like football.
    Correct. I don't watch them because imo they are irrelevant. IMO. I guess if nothing else was on I'd watch it...but that's not very often. I also watch other FCs games that are pertinent to NDSU. For example I watched ewu last night.

If the NFL didn't have playoffs, i'm not sure I'd be as big a vikes fan.