Page 117 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    there for sure is a noticeable drop off of ticket demand. a couple years ago you were looking at $100 a seat on the secondary market or trying to get tickets every Friday morning and getting shut out. last couple games have been tons of people who cant even find buyers at face value or at all. For sure the first 2 playoff games will not be full unless we get SDSU or UND. I for one skip those as well since they are guaranteed monster wins and save money for the Semi final which is really the best game all year.. I paid 125 each for last row tix last year nd was happy to get in.
    There's no denying that ticket demand is down this year but your appraisal of two years ago isn't at all accurate. If you were patient and willing to hit the tailgate lot without tickets you'd almost always find them for face value throughout the last 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    there for sure is a noticeable drop off of ticket demand. a couple years ago you were looking at $100 a seat on the secondary market or trying to get tickets every Friday morning and getting shut out. last couple games have been tons of people who cant even find buyers at face value or at all. For sure the first 2 playoff games will not be full unless we get SDSU or UND. I for one skip those as well since they are guaranteed monster wins and save money for the Semi final which is really the best game all year.. I paid 125 each for last row tix last year nd was happy to get in.
    Its been a strange year. Cold weather came real early. Harvest was real late. MN hunting season a week later. We had other issues that jumped up. ETC ETC
    It is what it is and no need to make any drama out of it. Nothing ever stays the same. There is always next year.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Whore the team out to p5 2 for 1s. Any p5 school coming to fargo for football is right up there with a national championship...unless youre in the boat that after 4 or 5 they kinda wear off of importance from a fans stand point.
    Fun to talk about but that’s not a realistic scenario.

Whore the team out to p5 2 for 1s. Any p5 school coming to fargo for football is right up there with a national championship...unless youre in the boat that after 4 or 5 they kinda wear off of importance from a fans stand point.
    Any P5? Come on man there are some really shitty P5's too. Rutgers? Maryland??

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. But the FBS crowd enjoys making shit up.
    Yep, and they are really rubbing me the wrong way. The more they keep having hissy fits and act like we owe them an FBS team the less interested I am in moving. The FBS NOW! crowd is a bunch of spoiled brats who think if they kick and scream they'll get their now toy.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Some people talk about how awful the mid-90s to early 2000's were.... bitches, please. NDSU was winning ...
    tony, you have been salty lately and I LIKE IT.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I'd say he's right that over 50% would like us to move up if it made economic sense. I think your estimate may be extremely high at 20% of the question is "do we move up at any cost, including going as an independent"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Anyone else get the feeling that most Bison fans don't really understand or care how we move up, but just believe that we should because of the whole competition angle?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this thread was about bison fatigue by kab1one

AAC thread was specifically about a factual piece of journalism showing NDSU is a potential replacement for UCONN in the AAC

I try to bump the "bigger and better FBS" thread & try and keep it to that.. but these last 2 weeks things have really gone crazy with the FBS talk on every media throughout town (they watch bisonville duh) I saw 324 viewers on football earlier today a tuesday afternoon
    So you were logged in under 300 of your aliases. What else is new?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Exactly. Every morning I wake up and (eventually) think how lucky I am to be a Bison fan. Every season for the last decade or so, NDSU has done one or more simply astounding things - and you'd think that the 1980's and 1990 would be all that any fan could ever dream of. Now, NDSU is in the process of making even more history and people claim to be bored.

Some people talk about how awful the mid-90s to early 2000's were.... bitches, please. NDSU was winning 70% of their games but to hear people talk about NDSU was 2-9 every year. The FargoDome had all the atmosphere of a Moscow airport terminal in which cheering would get you the "we'd-like-to-you-to-come-with-us-to-a-backroom" experience.

If we want a decent FBS conference, we need to improve and enlarge everything at NDSU but the football program.
    Truth. the other option is Football only (possible but unlikely) and independent (possible but probably even more unlikely).
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Ill tell you this...outside of JMU, there isnt a national team that can compete with NDSU.

If GSU, App, ODU, CCU etc all stayed put, itd make the FCS bearable.

Montana back on the upswing helps but they still have a lot to prove.

When sdsu comes to fargo, again these playoffs, will just be the same damn outcome.
    I think that we are saying the same thing which is why I say that everything about NDSU BUT the football program needs to raise its level before an FBS conference comes knocking (especially given our geography and TV market.)