Page 101 of 302 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Don’t most play a 8 game conference schedule, implying a preference for conferences or divisions of 9 teams?
    Yes, but in my wishful thinking, if all FBS teams were to be doled out into eight conference, I believe that each conference would be 16-20 (leaving room for addition of FCS teams moving up) teams each. Each conference would be split with eight to nine teams in each sub conference. The top team in each sub conference would then play for the conference championship.

Again, all wishful thinking on my part with disregard to the reality of decisions that conference heads have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

mr moen----------any idea how you would construct it with conferences "as-is"? i was thinking "p5" gets 8 (5 champs plus 3 at-large), then i dont know how many other conferences there are after that

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    mr moen----------any idea how you would construct it with conferences "as-is"? i was thinking "p5" gets 8 (5 champs plus 3 at-large), then i dont know how many other conferences there are after that
    "As is" doesn't help the G5 conferences build up their prestige and keeps them regulated to just playing hyped-up exhibition games at the end of the season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    didn't graduate from NDSU, life long FM resident, season ticket holder since 2008. why?
    I can't remember lol. At the time I thought I had a point but it's lost on me now.

Haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The money that the CFP brings in is huge and I believe only goes to the conferences that has teams participating in them. This nearly two year old article can help explain: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristid.../#6cb3b19c2938
    Interesting. In the current setup, they payout to the entire G5 is roughly equal to the payout to a single P5 conference.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can't remember lol. At the time I thought I had a point but it's lost on me now.

Haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Sign of bison fatigue!

We need to go move up to the next level (FBS) and declare ourselves Independent. No need to wait for any invite. Tired of seeing these Salukis, Cayotes, Sycamore Trees, Bears, Penguins, Bull Dogs all lose by atleast 50 pts every year. These teams dont wanna play us anymore and winning against these deadbeat teams is becoming boring.

It's not like Ohio State would schedule a home and home with NDSU if we were an independent.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    We need to go move up to the next level (FBS) and declare ourselves Independent. No need to wait for any invite. Tired of seeing these Salukis, Cayotes, Sycamore Trees, Bears, Penguins, Bull Dogs all lose by atleast 50 pts every year. These teams dont wanna play us anymore and winning against these deadbeat teams is becoming boring.
    ����
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    could always whore yourself out with 2 for 1's vs p5s.