Page 130 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

I’m just a lurker here, but wanted to throw my 2 cents in as I haven’t seen it mentioned. NDSU has a lot of farmer alumni and fans. The past 2 harvests have been brutal and there is still a lot of combining to do. If farmers are able to get into the field on a bison game day, thats where they will be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Lets get creative to keep the Dome full:

- end of game use T-shirt cannon shoots out jerseys used during the game

Distributing game-worn jerseys after the game is a fantastic idea!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaS View Post
    I’m just a lurker here, but wanted to throw my 2 cents in as I haven’t seen it mentioned. NDSU has a lot of farmer alumni and fans. The past 2 harvests have been brutal and there is still a lot of combining to do. If farmers are able to get into the field on a bison game day, thats where they will be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    so that accounts for what, 5%? 10%? im just curious.. not being a smartass..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I'm (or more accurately we're) with TAB & others on here that have kids now in the 8-18 range that are now getting into their activities. I think the 2005-2015 season ticket surge places many of those parents with those tickets in this category.

I always suspected it would come to where we have to figure out if we can make it or not. Even worse when kids are 4 years apart in age and different sex too as then nothing really crosses over!

But thought is we'll hang on to our tickets for when kids leave the house still!
    Rumor has it they are getting tougher and tougher to get rid of these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think you'd be surprised at how many of the alumni/fans work directly on the farm. Just a guess but I think 10% is extremely low. What I find surprising is that with the grain markets the way they are and how harvest has gone the last two years and input costs sure aren't in a downward trend that NDSU still gets the donations that they do and its still going up. I'm happy that is the case and am looking for good harvests in the future!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

ok 23bison. I hear ya
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Also people in Fargo are very bad at using Stub hub for some reason.
    Is this true? I assumed that there has always been a decent market for Bison tickets on third party sites like Stub Hub. Maybe this is just lifting the veil on Bison Fatigue that has been there for quite a while. Every market has its limit. If you have already experience little action on Stub Hub, then you definitely have Bison Ticket Plateau.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Even if it were only 10%(NDSU fans that are connected directly to the farm) that is close to 2k fans. That's actually quite a lot and brings your attendance numbers down to around 16,500-16,750 if all of them are in the fields on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Have until noon next Tuesday (December 3) not tomorrow
    Already renewed mine and printed out..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'll buy them for $10 each if it's a problem.
    I see your $10 and raise the bid to $11....