Page 123 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post

More eyes across the nation caring about the win. As a FBS team
    This is where I believe most of you are wrong. Everyone who is a college football fan knows who the hell the bison are. ESPN loves us. We are a national brand right now. Without being in the fbs g5 we have gotten more recognition then most g5 teams will ever get.

I think ndsu to the g5 would make some of you Minnesota bison fans feel better that the mighty university of boat rowing would still be a step up from NDSU. Even though we all know that NDSU is better right now.

How many g5 schools have had their last 3qbs get drafted? It won't be long and that will have happened at ndsu. Look at all the young talent. They've already picked NDSU over g5 schools. Right now. We're killing it recruiting. Build up the other sports and let's go Big Time.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If Wyoming beat Oregon to open a season it would be a one day news story. If fcs NDSU adds Oregon to the win streak it will be the football story of the year!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Serious question: Which makes NDSU more newsworthy: NDSU beating Oregon as an FCS team or NDSU beating Oregon as an FBS team?
    Fcs team

So lets double down, 2 trips to eugene for a return trip to Fargo. Ndsu would be considered a solid "win" if the ducks do win according to computers

I don't know why folks go on and on and on and on about this. As Kolpack said on the podcast, you can't change geography; there aren't any FBS team in Canada. Something changes, heck yeah, explore you options, but we aren't getting a MW, B1G, or Big 12 invite for the foreseeable future. Let it rest. They have a great deal going right now; don't make another move until the stars align correctly which they will at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I dont think anyone has linked empty seats to ticket prices. I think the max has been reached.
    I would agree with you on this. I have no problem with the price and the value of the product NDSU puts on the field. Seats fees are the only real avenue to increase revenue on the football side. That being said I think most of the prime seats are at a max as well. It is the 30 yard line to goal line and endzone seat fees that are about all that can be raised over time. I am in those sections and my seat fees are minimal.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Serious question: Which makes NDSU more newsworthy: NDSU beating Oregon as an FCS team or NDSU beating Oregon as an FBS team?

Which is better for the program nationally- beat Oregon and then go undefeated for 3rd straight year in FCS or
    beat Oregon as FBS and move up to #17 in the AP poll? Either one would be the upset of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would agree with you on this. I have no problem with the price and the value of the product NDSU puts on the field. Seats fees are the only real avenue to increase revenue on the football side. That being said I think most of the prime seats are at a max as well. It is the 30 yard line to goal line and endzone seat fees that are about all that can be raised over time. I am in those sections and my seat fees are minimal.
    prices are only maxed due to the competition which sucks and lessens demand.. you couldn't find a ticket anywhere for the semi final against SDSU last year for under $100.. that First UND game a couple years ago I sold tix for 275 each... so the money is there just have to give people a reason to spend it.

Maybe we should throw the Oregon game next year to improve our chances of signing more FBS games and stop boring our fans?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Does anyone think if we somehow beat Oregon the mood really shifts to moving up? I mean Kstate and Iowa were ranked but not as hyped a school as Oregon is. If Oregon is a top 10-15 team and we beat them it really would make people look around and wonder why are we wasting our time playing Drake and North Carolina AT the next 2 weeks.
    I think the Iowa win is comparable. Iowa missed the CFP the previous year by a final play goal line stand that went the wrong way. Its looking like Oregon will also just barely miss the CFP, and could be ranked similarly to 2016 Iowa to start the season in 2020.

Oregon is probably more of a national brand than Iowa because of the whole uniform thing, so I'll give you that. But B1G prestige > PAC12 prestige these days...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    This is where I believe most of you are wrong. Everyone who is a college football fan knows who the hell the bison are. ESPN loves us. We are a national brand right now. Without being in the fbs g5 we have gotten more recognition then most g5 teams will ever get.

I think ndsu to the g5 would make some of you Minnesota bison fans feel better that the mighty university of boat rowing would still be a step up from NDSU. Even though we all know that NDSU is better right now.

How many g5 schools have had their last 3qbs get drafted? It won't be long and that will have happened at ndsu. Look at all the young talent. They've already picked NDSU over g5 schools. Right now. We're killing it recruiting. Build up the other sports and let's go Big Time.
    what do you consider a "national brand"? Just curious, as I've asked people this type of question when visiting my in laws (they live in a P5 football town and all they care about there is football)