Page 122 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Haha. Public Relations can definitely be tricky. As someone who has dealt with it in a city government realm, it can feel like you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t. The reality is that the vocal minority ruins it. The PR campaign isn’t for them. It’s for the relatively silent majority that makes their decisions without much “bluster”. They make their mind up based on the information available. If you let the vocal minority control the narrative, you lose. There are more rationale people than irrational and I believe your message should be directed at them. Not trying to convince the irrational to change their minds. This forum is a case study in this. It’s not about changing El Chapo’s mind. It’s about influencing mine and people like me. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
    I hear ya!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think this thread should be officially "Corked" for a while, as it is becoming a distraction to the winning streak.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    lots of conversation about upping the level of play in our Olympic sports and also upgrading our facilities...only then will an FBS conference come calling. What was the status of Coastal Carolina's other sports prior to their move? How about App St or Georgia Southern? Were their facilities top notch and were their other teams performing at a high rate? Im not saying they were or werent, bc I dont know. More of a question posed for those who may have a little bit better idea of where those other schools' entire athletic programs were at as a whole before their transition.

I think Coastal was the Baseball national champion right before or after they left.. so that's pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like this fatigue conversation is magnified this year because of the average fans expectations? Meaning, this was supposed to be a down year. 25 seniors graduating, new coach, new young QB, etc etc. I gotta think a lot of people thought we were going to lose a few games and experience some growing pains. Now that we're on the brink of another undefeated regular season, those people are looking around the FCS and blaming them for sucking vs giving more credit to this Bison team & staff. I feel like a lot of those fans were really really hoping for a down year so they could get excited for a bounce back season down the road. Just a thought & opinion is all.
    no Bison fans are ever hoping for a down year but this season was set with the whole expectation of a new coach and new QB so no one was predicting complete domination.. The Butler game was a fun little twist to start the year and the Bison looked better than expected... Then conference play started and we are just blowing the doors off these teams... we have one conference game decided by less than 22 points and now we all see the next 4 years other than the FBS games are gonna be shit show...

And it does suck watching our star players sit out half of 75 percent of the games.. and we wonder why we never get a payton winner? Trey has missed likely the equivalent of 3 entire games now..

Does anyone think if we somehow beat Oregon the mood really shifts to moving up? I mean Kstate and Iowa were ranked but not as hyped a school as Oregon is. If Oregon is a top 10-15 team and we beat them it really would make people look around and wonder why are we wasting our time playing Drake and North Carolina AT the next 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Does anyone think if we somehow beat Oregon the mood really shifts to moving up? I mean Kstate and Iowa were ranked but not as hyped a school as Oregon is. If Oregon is a top 10-15 team and we beat them it really would make people look around and wonder why are we wasting our time playing Drake and North Carolina AT the next 2 weeks.
    Literally no one thinks this team isn't talented enough to move up and be highly competetive in any G5 conference this year or next year so I'm not sure how beating Oregon moves the needle any. On top of that having every Bisonville rube clamoring for FBS doesn't make it any more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Literally no one thinks this team isn't talented enough to move up and be highly competetive in any G5 conference this year or next year so I'm not sure how beating Oregon moves the needle any. On top of that having every Bisonville rube clamoring for FBS doesn't make it any more realistic.
    oh the snowball is moving.....picking up supporters
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Serious question: Which makes NDSU more newsworthy: NDSU beating Oregon as an FCS team or NDSU beating Oregon as an FBS team?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    serious question: Which makes ndsu more newsworthy: Ndsu beating oregon as an fcs team or ndsu beating oregon as an fbs team?
    fcs..........
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Serious question: Which makes NDSU more newsworthy: NDSU beating Oregon as an FCS team or NDSU beating Oregon as an FBS team?
    More newsworthy. As a FCS team.

More eyes across the nation caring about the win. As a FBS team