Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    My suggestions in previous posts may have sounded a little harsh and unhinged. I just think it is because the problems of lower attendance, dissatisfaction with concession selections and game-day experiences have been a problem for a long time and it would have been nice to nip it in the bud when we saw the first signs of decline. It seems to me that there has been a "retraction" of events and experiences. I thought I heard Teamaker's lunches were reduced in number (?). Still concerns about communication to the general public about seats available. I do not know everything that AD/Coaches and Teamakers has done but I think I will write a snail letter to AD and Teamakers. Also I read somewhere there is actually a Fan Engagement person. I am not just THINKING about such a letter but I AM going to do it. I think snail mail gets their attention.
    1. They do need to publicize that tickets to games ARE available. Maybe some of the general public thinks to the old days when they were hard to get (nostalgia for those days).
    2. Send out a digital questionnaire to demographics of Bison Fans "what can we do better? What should we do to make the gameday experience better for our fans. Make SURE that the fans know they are appreciated". And bandwagon fans, too, are appreciated. Maybe they dropped off but they can hop back on. In short, find out what can be done to get them back in seats. AD and Teamakers both need to make sure that fans know they are a huge part of the equation.
    3. Communicate with other colleges which have had the same problems of decline in attendance. What did they do and what can realistically be done?
    4. Also tailgating. I was there recently and it seemed to be a dropoff from the glory days. Are there ways to bring some back?
    5. Most of all, AD and Teammakers and NDSU really need to engage a whole generation of fans to support Bison Athletics. Find out what will bring the younger ones in. Try to make things more economical for young people who are just starting out. New college graduates and new/young families.
    That's all.
    Wonderful!!! BTW, Donated Tickets are coming in like crazy!!!

Last week the Bison were the biggest favorite according to Sagarin in all of Division 1 football. This week we are the 2nd biggest favorite just behind Penn State vs. Indiana. That plays a big part in many people deciding if they want to spend the time and money to see the game in person.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Last week the Bison were the biggest favorite according to Sagarin in all of Division 1 football. This week we are the 2nd biggest favorite just behind Penn State vs. Indiana. That plays a big part in many people deciding if they want to spend the time and money to see the game in person.
    wouldnt have that problem in FBS. this is the 4th game at HOME this year that was meaningless. maine, uca, wiu, murray. and quite frankly usd is most years.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    wouldnt have that problem in FBS. this is the 4th game at HOME this year that was meaningless. maine, uca, wiu, murray. and quite frankly usd is most years.
    What part about Penn State vs Indiana being the biggest spread did you not comprehend?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    You can warn people all you want to, but what did you do about it?
    Did you sit down with administration, send emails or call? (PL would be so proud!)
    Maybe you did contact them & if so great! Idk.
    I just sent a reply email to Admin and I included some of these concerns & comments.
    I started my email, by thanking him for a timely reply, and stating that imo it’s not in anomaly.
    Curious what the first reply said?

Was it a cookie cutter "thank you for your concerns" type thing, or did they address the points you raised?

there are 1000-2000 seats for NDSU @ UNI in like row 2 3 and up for $10/seat

and NDSU football fans cant even be bothered to buy those and drive down for a Playoff Implication Must Win Game.

10 years ago we had 2500-3000 fans there.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    there are 1000-2000 seats for NDSU @ UNI in like row 2 3 and up for $10/seat

and NDSU football fans cant even be bothered to buy those and drive down for a Playoff Implication Must Win Game.

10 years ago we had 2500-3000 fans there.
    It's on TV now bro.

Lardsin must go!

Will NDSU recoup its $108k bid even? Ouch. It’s $200k for other rounds

Can’t be there Saturday but bought my 6 tickets and donated them to Hillsboro HS athletes so they can go.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Can’t be there Saturday but bought my 6 tickets and donated them to Hillsboro HS athletes so they can go.
    You da MAN, CAS, you da man !!!!! Great thing to do !!!!