Page 144 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Are you trying to make the argument that Bison fans think we'd be on the same level as ALABAMA? Because I've seen arguments alost exclusively reference that Boise State or Cincinnati or UCF would be the ceiling for us. I've never seen, nor heard of anyone saying that we would be among Alabama, Clemson and Ohio States of the world, lol.

But if you want to make that argument- please feel free to do so.. or provide evidence that others are, in fact, making that argument- either will do, but neither are possible since they have not happened.
    I am making the argument that you do not know what everyone is thinking.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    This is not just an argument either... its a testable theory that can be proven:

Mankato, quick, what am I thinking about RIGHT NOW...?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is not just an argument either... its a testable theory that can be proven:

Mankato, quick, what am I thinking about RIGHT NOW...?
    Sex? Drugs? Rock 'n roll?

Also Brescani/Larson saying that people who want FBS are thinking of Alabama, not Boise?? complete Straw man argument. Boise is EXACTLY WHO WE'RE THINKING ABOUT
    I took it as the teams the "move up right now" people think will be showing up to the FargoDome.
    Hail the BISON!!!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So the Ball State and Central michigan victories were EXACTLY the same as beating Indiana state? Have fun convincing any of the players who played in those games of your theory.
    That’s not even close to what I said. You are saying that playing Akron is going to get you more excited for a game. If NDSU was fbs Akron turns into the new Indiana State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    That’s not even close to what I said. You are saying that playing Akron is going to get you more excited for a game. If NDSU was fbs Akron turns into the new Indiana State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which is a similar argument I've made to those who think G5 is the place to be. Those "bored" with FCS competition will easily bore with G5 competition in no time.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Sex? Drugs? Rock 'n roll?
    Damnit. Got me....

Ok, we need a different control group...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    WELP- based on the fact that boise state has been mentioned many times in this thread as a program to aspire to and alabama has been named ZERO times in the same context, The burden of proof is solely on you, bud.

Based on all available evidence Boise state is exactly what people are thinking when they talk about making a jump. To say that people are thinking of Alabama in this discussion would be to ignore reality, and to fabricate narratives out of thin air.

But yeah, you Really really showed me! Sick tweet man
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Which is a similar argument I've made to those who think G5 is the place to be. Those "bored" with FCS competition will easily bore with G5 competition in no time.
    The talking head last week actually said---on a 3rd and short----"this is full blown MACTION you are seeing here folks." My wife called BULLSHIT!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    “I dont think anyone wants to see us play the University of Akron.”

That’s a fact.

If you were a MAC team like Akron, you could get a payout like this:

"According to the game contract, USC will pay $1.3 million, along with 2,000 tickets valued at a total of $100,000."

After being stiffed by Nebraska due to a game cancelled because of lightning, the Zips got a replacement game with South Carolina on Dec 1, 2018 at the price listed above. Not bad.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016