Page 225 of 302 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    By "easily exceed" you mean "barely exceed".

Yep. Lets barely exceed the minimum.
    The Fargodome easily exceeds the minimum and can as many as 2000 more seats
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Fargo is one of the countries fastest growing metros in the country. 116th in the country with about the highest market share possible.

NDSU market also includes #146 Minot Bismarck Dickinson and has solid penetration in #15 MSP which I'm sure several conferences would love. The Fargo and Bizzo markets together are comparable to Omaha.

Other AAC markets include #8 Houston, where Houston is maybe the third school at best, #5 Dallas-Ft Worth, where SMU is again no better than third, Tampa-St Pete, #12 where USF as at best fourth, #4 Philly where Temple probably isn't a top 10 fanbase, #18 Orlando where UCF is no better than fourth, #37 Cincinnati, where UC is a distant second to tOSU, #58 Tulsa, which is no better than 3rd in its local market, #38 greenville where ECU probably isn't top 4

Boise State, fwiw, is #102, not far ahead of Fargo or Sioux Falls, and is the only city I've listed here that is the #1 team it its home market.
    Why are some of the Florida and Texas schools #4 or 5 at beat in their markets?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    NDSU market also includes #146 Minot Bismarck Dickinson and has solid penetration in #15 MSP which I'm sure several conferences would love. The Fargo and Bizzo markets together are comparable to Omaha.
    Not sure which part about this is more amusing.
    I think its the part of the argument where you try to claiming that heading 200 miles west to count a metro of 130,000 people, with the large majority not caring one way or another about NDSU with a not insignificant amount who more or less show open disdain for "Imperial Cass" as a solid argument for the "NDSU market". And that somehow the Fargo/Bismarck "markets" are comparable to Omaha, which is still 3x the size of your mythical Farmarck or Bisgo metro.
    Second would be claiming some sort of actual measurable penetration (TWSS) into the MSP market that is over 200 miles in the other direction and has their own flagship D1 university.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I hope enough of you are still fatigued when 2022 season tickets go on sale because I’m gonna want in.
    Are you guys coming back next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    By "easily exceed" you mean "barely exceed".

Yep. Lets barely exceed the minimum.
    We easily barely exceed the minimum.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Are you guys coming back next year?
    Probably moving to The Cities.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    I think its the part of the argument where you try to claiming that heading 200 miles west to count a metro of 130,000 people, with the large majority not caring one way or another about NDSU with a not insignificant amount who more or less show open disdain for "Imperial Cass" as a solid argument for the "NDSU market". And that somehow the Fargo/Bismarck "markets" are comparable to Omaha, which is still 3x the size of your mythical Farmarck or Bisgo metro.
    Second would be claiming some sort of actual measurable penetration (TWSS) into the MSP market that is over 200 miles in the other direction and has their own flagship D1 university.
    Iunno man, I think it’s more amusing that a fan of a university that favors college hockey over sports that people actually care about is finding tv market financial analysis amusing. But hey, different strokes, right?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Iunno man, I think it’s more amusing that a fan of a university that favors college hockey over sports that people actually care about is finding tv market financial analysis amusing. But hey, different strokes, right?
    Yeah man, FCS football is really a needle mover.

Difference is, I accept where college hockey and FCS football are in the sporting world landscape and are both things most people are never going to care about. And it doesn't bother me. I don't need to pretend they are something they aren't and use some stupid logic to make myself feel better.

Yeah man, FCS football is really a needle mover.

Difference is, I accept where college hockey and FCS football are in the sporting world landscape and are both things most people are never going to care about. And it doesn't bother me. I don't need to pretend they are something they aren't and use some stupid logic to make myself feel better.
    No but you do have to come here to try to make yourself feel better.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Well he’s counting them because NDSU games are shown on their local televisions and are played on their local radios. Didn’t look like he was making the argument that everyone in Dickinson shits green and gold (although NDSU is the #1 college football team there). His point is that NDSU has probably just as much market penetration in MSP as Temple does in Philly.

At the end of the day I guess it’s pretty easy to see how a UND fan could have no understanding of this discussion because there is literally zero reason to ever contemplate what UND/Grand Forks could bring to a conference.