Page 224 of 302 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Viewership/Ratings are more important than the number of viewers.

Rutgers- access to Millions, no one watches
    NDSU - access to Dakota's/Minnesota very good ratings.

to Southcliff's Point. You have to MAKE THE MOVE to change those things. ZERO chance of any of those changes without moving. we can all agree on that.
    No no no, remember Rule #7 of the #FCSForever code: "the only way you can get things to change is to change absolutely nothing at all", Lakes.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Enrollment isn't increasing
    Fargo isn't moving, or growing fast enough
    the SHAC and IPF took forever to get built, a new stadium is a pipe dream.

Waving your arms and saying FBS isn't going to cut it.

All of that is going to have to precede a move like that.
    1. You dont need more enrollment lol. Quit saying this Sh*t. It is literally not true, and also, not necessary
    2. Fargo is growing crazy fast- but its also irrelevant. is there a population stipulation on FBS schools? Hmm first I've heard of it. Seems to me you're just throwing sh*t against the wall and seeing what sticks. This doesnt stick.
    3. Do not need a new stadium LOL? Where are you getting this stuff? This literally isnt true or necessary. There are minimum attendance numbers, and we easily exceed those. we do NOT need a new stadium (although I'd love that), that is absolutely not necessary to go FBS. Its a complete non factor.

Waiving your arms and Shouting #FCSForever isnt a substitute for a substantive argument. Literally none of those three factors you stated matter. at all.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    1. You dont need more enrollment lol. Quit saying this Sh*t. It is literally not true, and also, not necessary
    2. Fargo is growing crazy fast- but its also irrelevant. is there a population stipulation on FBS schools? Hmm first I've heard of it. Seems to me you're just throwing sh*t against the wall and seeing what sticks. This doesnt stick.
    3. Do not need a new stadium LOL? Where are you getting this stuff? This literally isnt true or necessary. There are minimum attendance numbers, and we easily exceed those. we do NOT need a new stadium (although I'd love that), that is absolutely not necessary to go FBS. Its a complete non factor.

Waiving your arms and Shouting #FCSForever isnt a substitute for a substantive argument. Literally none of those three factors you stated matter. at all.
    Shhh! He's on a roll

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldmantutters; 04-16-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Everyone, stop talking about a new football facility unless it has a ROOF.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NDSU still

Middle of nowhere
    Small TV market
    Unexpandable stadium
    only 12k students

Which one of those is going to change?
    3 of these are either not true or can and will change.

Middle of nowhere doesn't matter
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    3 of these are either not true or can and will change.

Middle of nowhere doesn't matter
    Curious as to how you see this happening? Why would the tv market get big? I'd love it...but I can't reasonably see how. You thinking the dome can be expanded or replaced? What time-frame you thinking? And...would we really get that many more butts in seats? The occasional game yes...but regularly? Maybe...I just have some doubts. 12k students. I would figure this would be the easiest hurdle...but not sure how easy. Any reasoning on how they will successfully make the push this time?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Curious as to how you see this happening? Why would the tv market get big? I'd love it...but I can't reasonably see how. You thinking the dome can be expanded or replaced? What time-frame you thinking? And...would we really get that many more butts in seats? The occasional game yes...but regularly? Maybe...I just have some doubts. 12k students. I would figure this would be the easiest hurdle...but not sure how easy. Any reasoning on how they will successfully make the push this time?
    BEER in the dome!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

By "easily exceed" you mean "barely exceed".

Yep. Lets barely exceed the minimum.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

By "easily exceed" you mean "barely exceed".

Yep. Lets barely exceed the minimum.
    I mean, he does have a point though, no? Who cares by how much we exceed the minimum... if it gets us in the door we can always promise or plan to improve any area that would help our conference, right?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Fargo is one of the countries fastest growing metros in the country. 116th in the country with about the highest market share possible.

NDSU market also includes #146 Minot Bismarck Dickinson and has solid penetration in #15 MSP which I'm sure several conferences would love. The Fargo and Bizzo markets together are comparable to Omaha.

Other AAC markets include #8 Houston, where Houston is maybe the third school at best, #5 Dallas-Ft Worth, where SMU is again no better than third, Tampa-St Pete, #12 where USF as at best fourth, #4 Philly where Temple probably isn't a top 10 fanbase, #18 Orlando where UCF is no better than fourth, #37 Cincinnati, where UC is a distant second to tOSU, #58 Tulsa, which is no better than 3rd in its local market, #38 greenville where ECU probably isn't top 4

Boise State, fwiw, is #102, not far ahead of Fargo or Sioux Falls, and is the only city I've listed here that is the #1 team it its home market.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.