Page 159 of 302 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

What's the opposite of Bison fatigue? Whatever you call it, I've got it.

I could easily be old and jaded but, luckily, I'm just old. Heck, I kind of feel sorry for the people who are bored because their team is winning too much because that kind of mentality seems incompatible with any sort of long-term happiness. "Yeah, this is a nice house/car/vacation but, you know, it could be so much bigger/shinier/more exotic. Bummer." /sermon

Fatigue is for the weak. Nationwide, with all teams, we're coming to a point of seeing you are the strong football fans and those who are not. With the game on so much throughout the week, the game might just be waterdowned for the average (weak) fan. Hence, why they are not at games.

Yes, economics are part of the issue for NDSU fans in the agricultural business, but what we are seeing at the FargoDome is being seen everywhere else in the country at all levels of football, include the P5 elite teams and the NFL.
    Hail the BISON!!!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    This issue mirrors the change/changes we see today in other sporting avenues. Go hunting and observe the age class in the field, very few teenage hunters or fisherman. If you live another 15-20 years you will have the lakes and fields to yourself. Those 50 and older will be leaving the sport and NOBODY is coming in the backdoor. Go visit some of the biggest sport shows in the region, you can count the number of people under age 20 looking or buying on one hand, they are generally walking down the middle of the isle texting with their heads down. It's a new changing, dying culture for sports, no immediate gratification means no INTEREST!!!!
    Not true. I do outdoor shows for my hunting business and I talk to a lot of young people. They don't book with me but that's more of a money thing. I'm sure numbers are down somewhat in that age group but they're sure not non existent. But then what do I know....I only do it for a living.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Not true. I do outdoor shows for my hunting business and I talk to a lot of young people. They don't book with me but that's more of a money thing. I'm sure numbers are down somewhat in that age group but they're sure not non existent. But then what do I know....I only do it for a living.
    Whenever I go to a Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas (now they're one entity), the place is usually packed with people of all ages. Like just about everyone of his trolling posts, they're filled with lies.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So you're saying Bison fans shouldn't be excited when the men's basketball team is in the big dance or even if we win a game it's no big deal since we don't have a chance to win it all?

Non Bison FCS football schools have more NCAA tournament Basketball championships (2) than FCS football titles (1) this decade.....

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    This issue mirrors the change/changes we see today in other sporting avenues. Go hunting and observe the age class in the field, very few teenage hunters or fisherman. If you live another 15-20 years you will have the lakes and fields to yourself. Those 50 and older will be leaving the sport and NOBODY is coming in the backdoor. Go visit some of the biggest sport shows in the region, you can count the number of people under age 20 looking or buying on one hand, they are generally walking down the middle of the isle texting with their heads down. It's a new changing, dying culture for sports, no immediate gratification means no INTEREST!!!!
    I do a fair amount of hunting and fishing. My observations say you are wrong.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

what I don't get.. you can buy Row 2 Section 12 right now. the entire row if you want.
    how the HELL arent these sold? or Row 3??

200,000 people live around Fargo. just shows the fatigue. everyone waiting for semifinals/frisco i guess.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I admit I have Bison Fatique:

--> I'm tired of the Bison to FBS discussions

--> I'm tired of people leaving the Bison home games early or not showing up

--> I'm tired of 'bring back the Nickel Trophy' discussions

I'm not tired or fatigued over Bison winning, recruiting and player development, news and publicity programs

Go Bison!
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    what I don't get.. you can buy Row 2 Section 12 right now. the entire row if you want.
    how the HELL arent these sold? or Row 3??

200,000 people live around Fargo. just shows the fatigue. everyone waiting for semifinals/frisco i guess.
    Well, if I was looking for tickets this week I'd probably be inclined to wait until Wednesday morning and see what's available for unclaimed season tickets on the sidelines. No idea if there's any significant amount of buyers out there thinking the same thing... your guess is as good as mine there.

I think the real issue with attendance isn't fatigue but the fact that people can watch the game on 70" 4K TVs at home and not have to deal with a lot of the hassles and expenses of going to a game.

Unless we're saying that the statewide TV ratings are tanking.