Page 13 of 302 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Never pictured you as a tap dancer. Hmm.
    I dont care what you think

Quote Originally Posted by Flow 2-3-4-5 View Post
    That's the other point in which all those that are banging the drum so hard for FBS are misguided.

First of all, I am not convinced that moving up to G5 level FBS is a step up at all. But for the sake of argument, say we do move up......the Pro-FBS crowd assumes that we will automatically become the next Boise State or surpass their level of success when in reality there are many more prgrams like UMass, W.Kentucky, Old Dominion, Idaho and others that had some level of success at FCS and have become irrelevant after a move up to FBS.

Also, everyone who thinks that G5 is so much bigger and better needs to remember that it includes 22 more full scholarships for FB (plus an equivalent number for women's teams as required by Title IX), most likely a new stadium at a cost of $75 million at a minimum, increased coaches salaries, increased travel and recruiting expenses, and there's that pesky little requirement of needing an invite to another conference. All of this does not come cheap and the return on investment is minimal at best in my opinion.
    Who do we have more in common with? ODU, UI, and "others" or BSU? We have a program, a culture of winning. We have been successful at every level. Coincidentally, these same arguments are what the naysayers of FCS said too......
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I dont care what you think
    I'm well aware of that.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Who do we have more in common with? ODU, UI, and "others" or BSU? We have a program, a culture of winning. We have been successful at every level. Coincidentally, these same arguments are what the naysayers of FCS said too......
    That move has paid off in terms of increased exposure for the athletic department and raised the profile of the University as a whole. The financial commitment needed to be successful in a move from DII to FCS/DI was minimal relative to the huge investment that would have to be undertaken to achieve success at the FBS level. Risk vs reward. Risk of moving up is huge and reward, as FBS is structured now, is minimal at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow 2-3-4-5 View Post
    That's the other point in which all those that are banging the drum so hard for FBS are misguided.

First of all, I am not convinced that moving up to G5 level FBS is a step up at all. But for the sake of argument, say we do move up......the Pro-FBS crowd assumes that we will automatically become the next Boise State or surpass their level of success when in reality there are many more prgrams like UMass, W.Kentucky, Old Dominion, Idaho and others that had some level of success at FCS and have become irrelevant after a move up to FBS.

Also, everyone who thinks that G5 is so much bigger and better needs to remember that it includes 22 more full scholarships for FB (plus an equivalent number for women's teams as required by Title IX), most likely a new stadium at a cost of $75 million at a minimum, increased coaches salaries, increased travel and recruiting expenses, and there's that pesky little requirement of needing an invite to another conference. All of this does not come cheap and the return on investment is minimal at best in my opinion.
    So you are scared...got it
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You say you have a business degree yet you know little about economics. I say NDSU failed in educating you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    You say you have a business degree yet you know little about economics. I say NDSU failed in educating you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have a degree in Economics. They do not fall under the College of Business.

Mine is in Finance. And I don't disagree in NDSU's failure regarding the Finance program, though that would be a discussion for another thread or PM's.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    No, I'd say smart is more accurate. And able to look at things objectively and not be driven by an emotional desire to be "Big Time".

The only thing giving me any fatigue is this endless emotional discussion to spend other people's money.

I have yet to see a business case (get 4 big contributors to give $25 million each ain't a business case) to cover Scollies for FB and for a new woman's sport, coaches invite, a new stadium, all without a conference invite. Put a plan in place and have my vote. Until then, I remain tired of this discussion.

And yes, G5 is not a move up. It is simply a move.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    The only thing giving me any fatigue is this endless emotional discussion to spend other people's money.

I have yet to see a business case (get 4 big contributors to give $25 million each ain't a business case) to cover Scollies for FB and for a new woman's sport, coaches invite, a new stadium, all without a conference invite. Put a plan in place and have my vote. Until then, I remain tired of this discussion.

And yes, G5 is not a move up. It is simply a move.
    So you are waiting for BV to present business case.....thats your bar.