Page 168 of 302 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    There is one Boise, there are a few UMass's and even an Idaho.
    lol, yes, Its SUPER DUPER likely that we turn out to be closer to UMASS than Boise. IALTO.

How bad off do you think our program is? Holy schnikes dood
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    lol, yes, Its SUPER DUPER likely that we turn out to be closer to UMASS than Boise. IALTO.

How bad off do you think our program is? Holy schnikes dood
    You're right. UMass was better positioned.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and your G5 not being a solution long term for butts in seats... MAYBE, but it would very likely be a 1-3 year solution at the WORST. at absolute BEST, its a 15+ year solution.
    The question that needs to be asked Is: "is it more likely to fans to come to a game against higher competition or lower competition who we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we are laughably better than?"

My money is on the latter, not the former.
    This is the big question. So say it's in between your worst and best possible scenario and is a 5-10 year fix. Then what??? Now, as an athletic department, you're stuck with a much bigger check to write at the end of every year and when you don't have the funds in your account what do you do? Do you think the SBOHE is going to approve the use of school funds or do you just cut academic funding? Do you cut other sports or funding for those sports? Do you ask the students for more? Good luck with any of that. And now that you're underfunded for the level that you're at how long can you sustain success?

Again, this is backed up by virtually every piece of measurable evidence possible. Competitive match ups are more intriguing to fans than non-competitive match ups. G5 wont make us immune to fatigue. But would you rather have fans not caring that we got to 4/10 cotton bowls than 7/8 FCS natties? I guess thats what it comes down to for me.

And stating that Boise has had a drop off in attendance is a reason not to play better competition is a stretch. "its POSSIBLE that attendance could drop over time, so we better not jump." That's true of all levels so its just as much an argument FOR jumping vs staying
    Really, every piece of measurable evidence backs up your argument? Did you not see the average attendance figures going back to their FCS days that I posted for App St and Georgia Southern a couple pages back?

I don't disagree that, in general, fans would find an FBS schedule more interesting than an FCS schedule but I don't agree that this interest will make a big enough difference, especially in the long run, to fund the program at a G5 level. If you plan to field a G5 team funding it at a FCS level you're going to have a real hard time sustaining success at a level this program is accustomed to and what happens at that point? If 5 to 7 win seasons become the norm at the FBS level with an occasional outlier in each direction how much "interest" does the average fan have?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is the big question. So say it's in between your worst and best possible scenario and is a 5-10 year fix. Then what??? Now, as an athletic department, you're stuck with a much bigger check to write at the end of every year and when you don't have the funds in your account what do you do? Do you think the SBOHE is going to approve the use of school funds or do you just cut academic funding? Do you cut other sports or funding for those sports? Do you ask the students for more? Good luck with any of that. And now that you're underfunded for the level that you're at how long can you sustain success?

Really, every piece of measurable evidence backs up your argument? Did you not see the average attendance figures going back to their FCS days that I posted for App St and Georgia Southern a couple pages back?

I don't disagree that, in general, fans would find an FBS schedule more interesting than an FCS schedule but I don't agree that this interest will make a big enough difference, especially in the long run, to fund the program at a G5 level. If you plan to field a G5 team funding it at a FCS level you're going to have a real hard time sustaining success at a level this program is accustomed to and what happens at that point? If 5 to 7 win seasons become the norm at the FBS level with an occasional outlier in each direction how much "interest" does the average fan have?
    I was going to respond, but you did a pretty good job already.

However, I will add this as he nor Sammy will answer the question I keep asking about why are fans not turning out nationwide. It's so much cheaper and convenient to watch games at home, and the view is better. Also, the younger generations interests are "many," meaning they have a lot of other things to occupy their time compared to us older people. It doesn't make them better or worse, but different. The NFL, along with just about all major sports, have running into this problem and have been working their butts off to keep the fans involved. One of the biggest things, and I wish it was something we (USAW) could afford is the Tagboard application. We got to use it once in Iowa City for the 2018 World Cup, and the fans went crazy seeing their pics on the big boards. I believe pretty much every major sport is doing this, and I'm positive NDSU does too. This is where live events, not just sports, are evolving to in order to grab the attention of younger generations.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I am getting Bison Fatigue Fatigue
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I am getting Bison Fatigue Fatigue
    What took you so long?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Lardsin must go!

TSCF has great seats for this game, and looks forward to taking over your season tickets next year. He will proceed to mock all of you who complain on not having tickets just as he was mocked. (You'd think I'd learn....but I guess not.)
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 12-11-2019 at 11:32 PM.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see a lot of females in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    What took you so long?
    Bison Energy Drink...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.