Page 166 of 302 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    NooooooooOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO NO NO! People are EXACTLY as excited about this game as they were during our first championship run, and if you disagree, it means you are going to hell.

Whenever you have feelings like this, you have to close your eyes, pretend super duper hard, stick your fingers in your ears and recited the #FCSforever oath:
    "there is no Bison fatigue. Our competition is elite. People are excited to play regular FCS competition all the time, with literally no exceptions. There is no such thing as the law of decreasing marginal utility, and anyone who disagrees is also going to hell. It is some spooky dark magic causing fans not to be interested and attend games now!"
    Explain why fatigue only pertains to the FCS for you and Sammy? G5 and the majority of the P5 teams have the exact same issue.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We are missing as well...all day basketball tournaments for the kids. Really wanted a Friday night game...
    Better let the camera crew know. More face time for Tatanka and bisonfanette!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

I really haven't posted in this thread at all. There was a time when I do pretty much anything to see the Bison in the playoffs (even though I coach HS basketball) Now I find it very difficult to convince myself to drive across the whole state to see us play San Diego, Colgate, Nicholls (who was actually better than I thought), ISUr, Wofford, etc. that we see in the opening rounds. Call me a bandwagon fan, I guess, Ive had season tickets since 2007. Bison Fatigue is a very real thing for me. There are only a few teams that I feel are worth my time and money to travel and go see. I cant believe I'm on Lakes' side of an argument but I am.
    NDSU Van Club

Lakesbison may be an idiot, but in the end he's our idiot.

Can we pretend that Jose Mohler passes are like shooting stars, cuz I would wish for a new O coordinator.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMc34 View Post
    I really haven't posted in this thread at all. There was a time when I do pretty much anything to see the Bison in the playoffs (even though I coach HS basketball) Now I find it very difficult to convince myself to drive across the whole state to see us play San Diego, Colgate, Nicholls (who was actually better than I thought), ISUr, Wofford, etc. that we see in the opening rounds. Call me a bandwagon fan, I guess, Ive had season tickets since 2007. Bison Fatigue is a very real thing for me. There are only a few teams that I feel are worth my time and money to travel and go see. I cant believe I'm on Lakes' side of an argument but I am.
    I'm similar. Now I'm choosing my kids activities over the playoff games.

However, I'm also of the belief that a MAC type conference will not generate anymore interest that what the Bison currently face. Most of those teams don't make me want to drive 200 each way anymore than any MVFC team.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Just bought 5 tickets for the fam for this game.
    Way to go Heckler!

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Obviously the waiting list wasn't as big as some here said it was. Oh the drama.
    Maybe the waiting list wasn't as big as some believe, but it likely was several thousand. Those fans got tired of trying to find 3 or 4 seats together, got tired of buying standing room, and don't care to pay $50 for each seat. They just gave up and likely don't look for tickets every game. Plus the games are on TV every week for locals and those in ND and western MN. The inability to expand the dome and have some cheap seats along with FCS boredom has some effect on Bison fatigue.

I ask this in all seriousness, I really do. I'm actually fascinated by this for some reason...in some ways I have what you would call "Patriot Fatigue." Grew up watching the Pats in the 70s, so the Brady/Belichick era seems like a dream in many ways....but I have to say it's starting to get a little boring/passe...I'd almost rather root for a Sullivan-owned Pats team, warts and all, as it was at least more interesting in a bizarre way than year after year of 12-4 and Super Bowls.

Are many of you bored with FCS titles year after year? If not, how many more would it take....if any?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sell beer for the younger of age people. Sell some wine and some other spirits for the older folks. Hot chocolate for the young ones of course. Maybe throw in some raffles at the games for Frisco tickets or a Vegas trip. For the love of god get some younger kids to the games and involved.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Sell beer for the younger of age people. Sell some whine and some other spirits for the older folks. Hot chocolate for the young ones of course. Maybe throw in some raffles at the games for Frisco tickets or a Vegas trip.
    now we are talking°°
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Sader87 View Post
    I ask this in all seriousness, I really do. I'm actually fascinated by this for some reason...in some ways I have what you would call "Patriot Fatigue." Grew up watching the Pats in the 70s, so the Brady/Belichick era seems like a dream in many ways....but I have to say it's starting to get a little boring/passe...I'd almost rather root for a Sullivan-owned Pats team, warts and all, as it was at least more interesting in a bizarre way than year after year of 12-4 and Super Bowls.

Are many of you bored with FCS titles year after year? If not, how many more would it take....if any?
    People make the argument that they would rather have the Bison play for titles vs. a bowl game. Is that still true? I don't know.

All I know is that we are seriously considering getting rid of our season tickets. We haven't had them very long (2008) but I would rather spend the money going to Oregon next year and watching them play the ducks and then fly the whole family to Texas if we play in the championship. Will I still contribute to Team Makers and go tailgating. Yes, for sure.