Page 110 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Ok what are the facilities that we still need minus a probable new stadium (I know its a small issue)?

1) Get the Indoor Practice Facility started and completed.

What else?
    You dont NEED a new stadium btw, literally as is- there is no reason the FFD isnt adequate. the only requirement is that you have an average actual OR Paid attendance of 15k/game over a 2 year period http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/Division...2%208%2010.pdf . Dont NEED to do anything with the FFD or build new. People saying "oh but that pesky issue of the new stadium, and its gOtTa be indoor too, you got the money?!" its simply not true. Would we WANT to do something? Sure! The FFD has plans literally right now to increase capacity by about 1,200 and add many high level suite options, double the size of the concourses, and they are vocal about being committed to footing at least half the bill. Its all readily available for your reading pleasure. type in "Fargodome authority meeting minutes on google and go nuts

From a Facility perspective, we are an IPF away from having FBS level football facilities and then we could stop strawman-ing the hell out of the facilities argument... if ONLY we could convince our Athletic department to build an IPF.. if ONLY! and If only we could convince our athletic department to renovate all of the facilities over the last decade. THEN we would be in business!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    No, the point of his and my post is that NDSU is far behind the funding they need to be a FBS school. The way ND is set up along with the lack of support from the State, local area and alumni makes it difficult.

The funds needed are not just for athletic purposes, but the university as a whole.

Yes, the Bison can compete with the schools of the FBS, but they aren’t FBS schools based solely on their athletic department, but also due to their size, their academic departments, alumni base, etc.

We lack in a lot of areas to be a legit FBS school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is a complete joke of a statement. Your telling me that virtually every G5 program has better alumni, better alumni donations, and more local and state support then NDSU does? (Hint: many of them don't.) Listen I am 100% for a move when it makes sense and the funding is there. None of that happens overnight and none of that ever happens as long as we continue to play chicken little. App State fans would laugh themselves sick if they read what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    That is a complete joke of a statement. Your telling me that virtually every G5 program has better alumni, better alumni donations, and more local and state support then NDSU does? (Hint: many of them don't.) Listen I am 100% for a move when it makes sense and the funding is there. None of that happens overnight and none of that ever happens as long as we continue to play chicken little. App State fans would laugh themselves sick if they read what you posted.
    Find me a public school in the G5 that is struggling to consistently make 13k enrollment
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Find me a public school in the G5 that is struggling to consistently make 13k enrollment
    Wyoming...
    College of Business Alumnus

What pieces have to be in place? Does our admin have an enumerated list?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Wyoming...
    12,450 in 2018 to be precise

But how many 4-year schools are there in Wyo again? Exactly. Thanks for making my point. If Wyoming were FCS right now would they get an invite? I’m skeptical. Conferences want bigger schools because the demographics are changing and this is what it will take to thrive in the higher-ed market of the future. They don't want a small school from a state with 6 other public 4-years because they know there is no state support for the product.

NDSU would need much, much more support from the state all across the board for things like athletics, facilities, faculty and research to be attractive to a desirable G5 conference. How likely is that? That’s all I’m saying

So enjoy the ride. This program isn't going anywhere and it has more relevance and recognition now in FCS than it did even two years ago. I only see that improving as the ridiculousness of this run continues. Seriously. Who’s going to step up in the FCS and take this away from this program? Nobody

So we can be.....Wyoming?

sounds awesome.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    12,450 in 2018 to be precise

But how many 4-year schools are there in Wyo again? Exactly. Thanks for making my point. If Wyoming were FCS right now would they get an invite? I’m skeptical. Conferences want bigger schools because the demographics are changing and this is what it will take to thrive in the higher-ed market of the future. They don't want a small school from a state with 6 other public 4-years because they know there is no state support for the product.

NDSU would need much, much more support from the state all across the board for things like athletics, facilities, faculty and research to be attractive to a desirable G5 conference. How likely is that? That’s all I’m saying

So enjoy the ride. This program isn't going anywhere and it has more relevance and recognition now in FCS than it did even two years ago. I only see that improving as the ridiculousness of this run continues. Seriously. Who’s going to step up in the FCS and take this away from this program? Nobody
    Because a college education is all about the athletes, right. If change is coming with the P5/G5 split (supposed, somewhere in the future) this whole semi pro college athlete thing will only exaggerate the difference between the Alabama's of the college sporting world and the Boise States. The rich get richer...you get the picture, no? 750k humans populate Nodak, tiny, tiny, tiny. And some of those folks actually follow the losers from the north! The real threat from a resurgent Goophers is loss of interest(read eyeballs) from western Minnesota football fans for our beloved Bison.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Ok what are the facilities that we still need minus a probable new stadium (I know its a small issue)?

1) Get the Indoor Practice Facility started and completed.

What else?
    According to Bucky's kid, we need to get the IPF fully funded, complete the Softball stadium, and build new t&f facilities. I would also add that our basketball arena is completely inadequate for a true mid major. Hell, it's inadequate for the Summit to be honest as we sit behind UNO, USD, SDSU, and ORU.
    Last edited by AKBison; 11-20-2019 at 12:10 AM.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So we just built the SHAC what 4 years go? Maybe 3? And we already need to revamp that? What’s left for softball?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS