Page 48 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Here is a quick view of the entire development (except for the new parking east of the stadium!).

2019 Proposed development.jpg
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wonder if Crimson Tide fatigue exists. They have like 1 or 2 close games a year. Sold out blowouts at home games. Schedule games against lower division teams. However, they lose championship games once in awhile.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Wonder if Crimson Tide fatigue exists. They have like 1 or 2 close games a year. Sold out blowouts at home games. Schedule games against lower division teams. However, they lose championship games once in awhile.
    I wish the Northeast would get Patriots/Celtic/Red Sox/Bruins fatigue. I also wish most of America would get Yankee/Cowboys fatigue.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We lose recruiting advantage if we move up.
    huh? we'd be able to grab the top 4-5 recruits from sdsu, Uni, usd...etc. and grab more Minnesota/twin cities kids and even a few gopher/Iowa recruits
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If fatigue sets in it will be from the band wagon fans. Most alumni will remain true. They are the ones who are most likely to donate anyway.

I really enjoyed the Davis game.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I really enjoyed the Davis game.
    I did as well.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

Saban criticized the Alabama students last year for leaving so early in games. In Ames, we enjoyed the blowout so much two weeks ago that the visiting coach (for Louisiana-Monroe, a perennial SEC whipping boy) said that he had never seen anything like our fans staying and getting so excited about a defensive 3 and out with the score 72 to 20. Yes, we are that hungry for something to cheer for.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We lose recruiting advantage if we move up.
    Agreed. I was trying to keep it mostly positive though.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    huh? we'd be able to grab the top 4-5 recruits from sdsu, Uni, usd...etc. and grab more Minnesota/twin cities kids and even a few gopher/Iowa recruits
    Maybe.... unless SDSU takes our spot at the top of the FCS world and wins a few national championships in a row in which case they become the "come here and play for a championship" school and gets those recruits that we used to steal from SD/MN/NE/etc... Kids that realize that they'll never be a p5 starter but might have a chance to make some noise on the FCS level and get noticed or could choose to go to a mid level FBS school (like Wyoming... or us if we got into MWC) and AT BEST play in some meaningless bowl game. And would we really want to just be taking the recruits from SDSU/UNI/USD? We already get the bulk of the players that we're interested in, including some from MN/IA. It really sounds like you're advocating moving up and then taking FCS talent and turning them into FBS talent.

Aside from the OOC opportunities every year, I really see G5 as almost a step down from where we are now. I'll take the MVFC competition (top to bottom) over the MAC/MWC/Sunbelt/CUSA/AAC (top to bottom). Would I love to see us playing Oklahoma, USC, Bama, etc..? Of course. But at what expense? I don't want to play them just to play them.

Without a playoff/title game the G5 is boring.... and you'd REALLY start seeing fatigue unless we found a way to consistently win our conference and some of the better bowl games that the conference would be eligible to participate in.