Page 244 of 302 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think his stance is "if ndsu say good its good, if they say bad its bad." I think his stance is likely he trusts people with much more information and technical knowledge to competently do their jobs.

Pat's not a dumb guy who blindly trusts the university.
    To trust any form of a government worker, universities included, as competent and knowledgable is a mistake. Sometimes they are not, and often political and other motives make their decisions questionable. Not sure ML and DB really care where NDSU will be in five years as they will be elsewhere by then.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Professorbum's broader point is true though. There are literally hundreds of examples in the last 2 months on here of an individual dismissing the idea of FBS for no other reason than that Lakes supports it lol.

Just because someone you disagree with likes something, doesnt mean its a bad idea.

Conversely 56, your opinion of "if NDSU thinks its good, its good. If it thinks its bad, its bad" is completely hairbrained. This, Ironically is exactly the same logic as thinking something is bad because Lakes thinks its good, and visa versa.

Unironically, you hold both of the illogical opinions above, so at least your consistently illogical.

An idea is either good or bad on its own merits. It doesnt matter who's idea it is. People you like, arent always right, and people you dont like arent always wrong
    I was pointing out his inconsistency.

I think it's a dumb idea for other reasons.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    To trust any form of a government worker, universities included, as competent and knowledgable is a mistake. Sometimes they are not, and often political and other motives make their decisions questionable. Not sure ML and DB really care where NDSU will be in five years as they will be elsewhere by then.
    Most government workers, at any level, are not political appointees. They should be hired based on their skill and competency level.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Most government workers, at any level, are not political appointees. They should be hired based on their skill and competency level.

Holy eff ... if you only knew.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the government putting most of their employees in a situation where they don’t personally benefit if they work hard and do an excellent job.

Matt Larson and Matt Entz don't fit into that category, however. They can both get bigger and better jobs if they kick ass. If you can agree with that assertion (motivation is not their problem) and still believe that they're doing a poor job, it means that you think they lack skill, experience, or both.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

When I worked for DoD, seemed like a largely apolitical place. But...its not a secret that a certain type of person wants to work for the government.

It's not all that different from universities...albeit at a less imbalanced level.
    College of Business Alumnus

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm curious about your UNI/SDSU boner and how you square that with your FBS thirst.

Perhaps Lakes just likes UNI fans like me! I can be very stimulating!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When I worked for DoD, seemed like a largely apolitical place. But...its not a secret that a certain type of person wants to work for the government.

It's not all that different from universities...albeit at a less imbalanced level.
    Oh come on, that’s a bit stereotypical don’t you think? Is it ok to use the same type of logic and claim it’s no secret that a certain type of person wants to work on the police force? There are good and bad in all professions.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don't know. You should share your knowledge.

What is this certain type of person?