Page 119 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I dont think anyone has linked empty seats to ticket prices. I think the max has been reached.
    I agree. What does that mean for the future of Bison football?

If ticket prices have reached their ceiling and we can't expand the number of tickets available for sale then revenue from ticket sales is pretty much capped. All of the things that have and are being talked about regarding growth of the program are definitely going to have to occur over a long period of time unless a very large donor comes in.

Will the newly acquired fans that have hopped on the bandwagon in the past decade stick around to replace those that have been the backbone of this program in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I agree. What does that mean for the future of Bison football?

If ticket prices have reached their ceiling and we can't expand the number of tickets available for sale then revenue from ticket sales is pretty much capped. All of the things that have and are being talked about regarding growth of the program are definitely going to have to occur over a long period of time unless a very large donor comes in.

Will the newly acquired fans that have hopped on the bandwagon in the past decade stick around to replace those that have been the backbone of this program in the past?
    We will find out how big the supposed waiting list is.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I highly doubt people are going to give up their season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I highly doubt people are going to give up their season tickets.
    Not far fetched when required Teammakers dues are approaching $2,000 per seat in some sections.
    Last edited by roadwarrior; 11-21-2019 at 10:52 PM.

533 In a row

I guess we will. All of the factors previously stated probably decrease the size of the waiting list as well.

So, 56BISON73, none of these issues concern you at all?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I guess we will. All of the factors previously stated probably decrease the size of the waiting list as well.

So, 56BISON73, none of these issues concern you at all?
    That's a whole lot of moving parts to be worried about. But I'm more interested in some of the solutions. I'm not one to go off the deep end without seeing if it's going to play out or not. Plus I trust those running the show.
    Enjoyed reading your take on it. It's always nice to see a conversation where ideas are exchanged without all of the drama agenda driven narrative.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That's a whole lot of moving parts to be worried about. But I'm more interested in some of the solutions. I'm not one to go off the deep end without seeing if it's going to play out or not. Plus I trust those running the show.
    Enjoyed reading your take on it. It's always nice to see a conversation where ideas are exchanged without all of the drama agenda driven narrative.
    Appreciate the feedback. I'm interested in solutions as well. Hence the discussion. My agenda isn't an FBS one and I don't want to get bogged down in all of that. I just know what brought me back to NDSU and it started at the 2006 Bison v. Gopher game. Bison fandom is contagious when the passion of the fanbase is on full display. I don't believe it has been on display as much recently and that concerns me.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone else feel like this fatigue conversation is magnified this year because of the average fans expectations? Meaning, this was supposed to be a down year. 25 seniors graduating, new coach, new young QB, etc etc. I gotta think a lot of people thought we were going to lose a few games and experience some growing pains. Now that we're on the brink of another undefeated regular season, those people are looking around the FCS and blaming them for sucking vs giving more credit to this Bison team & staff. I feel like a lot of those fans were really really hoping for a down year so they could get excited for a bounce back season down the road. Just a thought & opinion is all.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like this fatigue conversation is magnified this year because of the average fans expectations? Meaning, this was supposed to be a down year. 25 seniors graduating, new coach, new young QB, etc etc. I gotta think a lot of people thought we were going to lose a few games and experience some growing pains. Now that we're on the brink of another undefeated regular season, those people are looking around the FCS and blaming them for sucking vs giving more credit to this Bison team & staff. I feel like a lot of those fans were really really hoping for a down year so they could get excited for a bounce back season down the road. Just a thought & opinion is all.
    I agree with you on this. I think people are missing out on a team that is just turning out to be special. Our QB has not thrown an INT, which is simply ridiculous. In fact he has hardly had any passes that really have even had a chance to be intercepted. Our Oline is just blowing people away. Tuska is running over tackles. It is sure fun to watch as far as I am concerned. I guess people would rather watch the Vikings.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

I don't know how any of you can mad at me or "pro fbs" fans that want to see our Alma Mater at the highest possible level they could achieve. you act all negatively towards it. I just think NDSU is missing out on getting even Bigger and Better.

123 - 8 7 titles. I don't see anyone stopping up this year or Next.

145-9 9 titles in 10 years? ( if we drop 1 in playoffs or 1 next year)

Just want to see NDSU to get Bigger and Better and not Plateau/Status Quo. that means we are Fans and want more!

2 NDSU programs, Kansas State & Wyoming were Ranked in top 25, Appy State was, hell Minnesota is #7 or #10! Doesn't that make you wonder JUST HOW GOOD NDSU COULD BE?

answer that.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?