Page 100 of 302 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    but they kind of still do dont they? with the playoff at 4 it greatly increases there odds of a fiesta bowl or orange bowl, doesnt it? (think boise, ucf, teams like that)-------thats got to be big bucks for them...i see a playoff including all conference champs plus a few at-large way more likely than the "p5" splitting off entirely (i just dont see that happening, ever)
    The money that the CFP brings in is huge and I believe only goes to the conferences that has teams participating in them. This nearly two year old article can help explain: https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristid.../#6cb3b19c2938
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Lesser of two evils? In a more fair world yes, a 16 team playoff is more fair. The big boys of todays' world, in all things $$$, think about protecting their turf against competition from the little guy. I think the SEC is willing to take their chances keeping the pool small, it's working for them right now. Big 12, Pac 12, ACC; now they may feel different, but boy the SEC seems to rule the college football world.
    it is what it is--------but eventually (if not already) there will be "final 4" fatigue, not to mention the other bowls (even the biggies) ive more less quit watching them all together since the play-off started

it is what it is--------but eventually (if not already) there will be "final 4" fatigue, not to mention the other bowls (even the biggies) ive more less quit watching them all together since the play-off started
    I believe for that to happen, the G5 needs to take legal action. The autonomy the NCAA granted was for the P5 conferences to make their own rules (https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...s-voting-rules). Right now they own the sandbox and get to decide who can play in it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exactly right, I know plenty of folks who feel the same way. Come December I'm more prone to watch FCS playoff football rather than some crappy bowl game. Which is why I'm for waiting til this whole P5/G5 thing shakes itself out. Amicable divorce or nasty custody battle?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I believe for that to happen, the G5 needs to take legal action. The autonomy the NCAA granted was for the P5 conferences to make their own rules (https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...s-voting-rules). Right now they own the sandbox and get to decide who can play in it.
    Don't our professional sports have antitrust exemptions? Seems like the courts nowadays give the powerful(in this case the P5) a pass on such things. Perhaps I need to look into soccers' relegation rules. Wouldn't it be nice to see Vanderbilt relegated, and the Bison moved up?

Exactly right, I know plenty of folks who feel the same way. Come December I'm more prone to watch FCS playoff football rather than some crappy bowl game. Which is why I'm for waiting til this whole P5/G5 thing shakes itself out. Amicable divorce or nasty custody battle?
    your also not getting your best football out of them teams in the final 4 when they wait around a month to play--------the whole month of decembers wide open, and like you said, if they did expand to 8 or 10 or 16 fcs playoffs would then become nothing better then d3 (nobody would be watching)---------the way the b10/ohio state got left out the last few years you cant tell me doesnt have a big affect on regional-audiences-----i find it rediculous that even a pac10 champ with 3 losses doesnt get a chance to prove themselves at the end of the year with this new "play-off"

Don't our professional sports have antitrust exemptions? Seems like the courts nowadays give the powerful(in this case the P5) a pass on such things. Perhaps I need to look into soccers' relegation rules. Wouldn't it be nice to see Vanderbilt relegated, and the Bison moved up?
    Honestly, I don't know.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I’d be shocked to see relegation introduced in any sport again. The big clubs in association football today would prefer for it to go away.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

your also not getting your best football out of them teams in the final 4 when they wait around a month to play--------the whole month of decembers wide open, and like you said, if they did expand to 8 or 10 or 16 fcs playoffs would then become nothing better then d3 (nobody would be watching)---------they way the b10/ohio state got left out the last few years you cant tell me doesnt have a big affect on regional-audiences-----i find it rediculous that even a pac10 champ with 3 losses doesnt get a chance to prove themselves at the end of the year with this new "play-off"
    The best would be an eight-team conference (the FBS would have to dwindle their conferences from ten to eight) with one spot being giving to each conference champion. Technically, this would make the conference championship games the round of 16. Unfortunately, I'm just a fan and not a conference head worrying about getting the biggest piece of a billion+ dollar pie.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The best would be an eight-team conference (the FBS would have to dwindle their conferences from ten to eight) with one spot being giving to each conference champion. Technically, this would make the conference championship games the round of 16. Unfortunately, I'm just a fan and not a conference head worrying about getting the biggest piece of a billion+ dollar pie.
    Don’t most play a 8 game conference schedule, implying a preference for conferences or divisions of 9 teams?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie