Page 99 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I bet we still had a better crowd today than we would have if we were playing Toledo on a Wednesday night
    haha. WHAT????
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    To play devils advocate did you graduate from NDSU or grow up in FM?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    didn't graduate from NDSU, life long FM resident, season ticket holder since 2008. why?

the question is, when the college football playoff expands to include all conference winners (think ncaa basketball tourney) will it be easyier or harder to join a conference and move up? that is the curve we need to be ahead of because it is coming and soon! theres no way this 4 team stuff lasts much longer

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    the question is, when the college football playoff expands to include all conference winners (think ncaa basketball tourney) will it be easyier or harder to join a conference and move up? that is the curve we need to be ahead of because it is coming and soon! theres no way this 4 team stuff lasts much longer
    I wish that were true, but the P5 demands a four team bracket for a reason - no G5 conference gets a piece of the big money pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I wish that were true, but the P5 demands a four team bracket for a reason - no G5 conference gets a piece of the big money pie.

but they kind of still do dont they? with the playoff at 4 it greatly increases there odds of a fiesta bowl or orange bowl, doesnt it? (think boise, ucf, teams like that)-------thats got to be big bucks for them...i see a playoff including all conference champs plus a few at-large way more likely than the "p5" splitting off entirely (i just dont see that happening, ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

My guess is we will see the pac12-acc-sec-big10 all go to 16 teams with basically 2 divs of 8. they will take all the big 12 and the best of the rest as needed. then there playoff is basically the 8 div winners play for conference titles then the 4 winners advance. then they can also control the entire bkb tourney and cut the low end teams out there as well..

then the G5 should look to do basically the same thing and hope that NDSU can get into one of those groups. it wont be for a couple years though.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is a top ten worst ever hot take. Somebody forgot that UND owned us for a decade begining in the mid 90's and played for a couple DII titles while we sat at home. The pendulum will swing.
    You brought up Montana, now UN_, make up your mind. It's 2019, wake up. Read my post, enjoy the ride. Dipshit.

The SEC commish said on Gameday this am, he likes the 4 team playoff. It's gonna be here awhile. The big boys are keeping the little boys at arms length for now. Our time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    The SEC commish said on Gameday this am, he likes the 4 team playoff. It's gonna be here awhile. The big boys are keeping the little boys at arms length for now. Our time will come.
    what does he like about it 2 of his teams (at-least) will be getting hosed this year

what does he like about it 2 of his teams (at-least) will be getting hosed this year
    Lesser of two evils? In a more fair world yes, a 16 team playoff is more fair. The big boys of todays' world, in all things $$$, think about protecting their turf against competition from the little guy. I think the SEC is willing to take their chances keeping the pool small, it's working for them right now. Big 12, Pac 12, ACC; now they may feel different, but boy the SEC seems to rule the college football world.