Page 97 of 302 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Absolutely. The average football fan literally thinks FCS is division 2.
    I met a guy down here who had heard of NDSU, but then followed it up by saying something like “yeah I see you guys keep beating Sam Houston and Whitewater in the championship.”

Whitewater.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Of course there is an argument related to national exposure. Is SMU relevant? Eastern Michigan? UTEP? Troy? U Mass?
    Memphis played an undefeated SMU and hosted Gameday last week. The game was the featured Saturday night 7:00pm game on ABC and called by Herby and Fowler. As a reminder that is the most coveted and premium TV time slot in College football.

SDSU hosted game day two weeks ago in a #1 vs #3 matchup and did a great job. The game was then featured on ESPN+. The most uncoveted network in college football.

Any other questions???

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    We'll never be like Montana, they are, what, 2-5 in championship games, their program has been a pile of rubble for a decade. They got zero national exposure during each of their championship runs. Montana the state and Montana the university are two decades behind North Dakota the state, and North Dakota State. We're fine where we are. The Griz spent over a million dollars looking into the move up, they are better positioned geographically than us and it didn't make sense for them. Enjoy this ride, it's not over yet. Our leadership at SU will know when the time is right.
    This is a top ten worst ever hot take. Somebody forgot that UND owned us for a decade begining in the mid 90's and played for a couple DII titles while we sat at home. The pendulum will swing.
    Last edited by AKBison; 11-09-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Sure.. what about the rest? Hell I would argue up until this year, nobody cares about the Gophers...
    You are exactly right. UTEP and EMU are dumpster fires. People care about winners which is why Gameday came to Memphis to see SMU.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SMU has received plenty of press this season. G5 schools that do well get plenty of exposure. Even a middling Boise State gets plenty of national TV exposure. I’m all for FBS and want NDSU to compete at the highest level. But I’m a realist and understand the difficulties that entail the move up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is a top ten worst ever hot take. Somebody forgot that UND owned us for a decade begining in the mid 90's and played for a couple DII titles while we sat at home. The pendulum will swing.
    at a certain point it doesn't swing again... NDSU has gone past the point they can ever regress barring a gigantic scandal of some kind.. they are just to big of a brand.. it would be like saying the Dallas cowboys wont always be popular and on tv and eventually the Jaguars will over take them..

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    SMU has received plenty of press this season. G5 schools that do well get plenty of exposure. Even a middling Boise State gets plenty of national TV exposure. I’m all for FBS and want NDSU to compete at the highest level. But I’m a realist and understand the difficulties that entail the move up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is the best way of looking at it. People who say "oh potato bowl sounds great doesnt it herpy derp" are being stupid.

There are certainly challenges, big ones. But the FCS is generally trash. No one is genuinely happy here.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    at a certain point it doesn't swing again... NDSU has gone past the point they can ever regress barring a gigantic scandal of some kind.. they are just to big of a brand.. it would be like saying the Dallas cowboys wont always be popular and on tv and eventually the Jaguars will over take them..
    Really. Look at Texas. Florida. Michigan etc etc. Plenty of big time programs that fell hard and weren't selling out until they finally right the ship.

Never ever say never.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 11-09-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

plenty of fatigue at the dome now. blue seats galore
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Well the Bussey show was worth staying for...