Page 92 of 302 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Independence would be a death sentence in regards to fan engagement. We have at most 2 options...

Option 1

A depleted MWC if Boise, BYU, AFA go to the AAC. If we made the move with SDSU and Montana, it would be doable. That would basically give us 3 annual regional games once you include Wyoming. This would be a football first move and would require significant investment in a new football facility and football budget. Basketball would be at Wyoming level and we would never sniff a tournament birth again.

Option 2

Convince UNI, SDSU, and ISUr to join the MAC with us. Although it is not as sexy as option 1, it puts us in a conference that creates more exposure in our prime recruiting area. (The cities, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois etc). UNI and ISUr would be cool with SDSU since they are a fellow basketball school but would likely need a commitment from us that we will increase our basketball budget. Long term success would require a new basketball arena. The positive is that a 20,000 seat Fargodome fits right into the MAC wheelhouse in terms of football facilities. Olympic sports including basketball would thrive here.

Option 2b

Probably the best case scenario in terms of security and long term health... go to MVC with SDSU. Olympics would thrive and football can be maintained with the current level of funding percentages. The negative is that it's a brutally tough basketball conference and we could go decades between the NCAA tournament despite having very good teams. (See MoState, Evansville, ISUr, ISUb, Drake, etc as examples of this. We would have to get a new arena done ASAP, quadruple our basketball budget and expect to pay the head coach 1 Mill + annually in order to compete.

Of those three, despite it's significant flaws and significant higher cost, the only one I can see the Alumni supporting with $$$ long term is the move to the MWC. We would be in a conference where football is priority # 1, 2, and 3 and we would be in a conference with peer type schools that would significantly raise our national profile. (Colorado State, Wyoming, Utah State, New Mexico, South Dakota State, Montana, Nevada, etc.) Besides, doesn't Roads deserve a trip to Vegas and Hawaii on occasion instead of Terra Haute and Macomb?
    Last edited by AKBison; 11-07-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think it is very possible that we get worse and less relevant. I have heard we recruit well against G5 teams because 1) we play for championships and 2) although we are a lower level, we have national relevance. If we move up, we certainly give up #1 and possibly diminish #2. As a G5, we still won't steal recruits from Minnesota or other P5's. However, SDSU will likely very much use the "come play for us and win championships" argument against NDSU with some success.
    I don't buy this. NAIA has championships. It doesn't mean people would prefer to play at that level. Players aren't dumb. Context matters. Which is to say that level of competition matters.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't buy this. NAIA has championships. It doesn't mean people would prefer to play at that level. Players aren't dumb. Context matters. Which is to say that level of competition matters.
    Players aren't dumb and yet NDSU wins about as many recruiting battles with Wyoming and Northern Illinois as they lose. So if your theory is true players are recognizing that the level of competition in the MAC (in conference at least) isn't much different than the MVFC.

I have met and talked personally with AD Matt Larson and AAD Matt Lien. The amount of professionalism and Bison pride/Horns Up is beyond what I can describe here, and beyond my own really. For Lakesbison/El Chapo/Firedennyguy/Sam Human to question their respective and collective work/professionalism/integrity is complete and utter effing bullshit.

And no, I’m not bragging that I was granted some limited access; rather, I was fortunate to have had it. Those gentlemen are nothing other than first class and all in on everything NDSU.

And, yes, I’m effing pissed at “Chapo” over the shit/posts he does on social media, including here. Just pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Larson had no problem back slapping me at watertown 2 weeks ago after sdsu game.
    Lien & Bresciani had no problem partying with me at a bar at Northern Iowa last year

goto bed dude. this stalking is getting old and you're not even on the right thread anymore... You're giving me Fatigue. #sad.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Larson had no problem back slapping me at watertown 2 weeks ago after sdsu game.
    Lien & Bresciani had no problem partying with me at a bar at Northern Iowa last year

goto bed dude. this stalking is getting old and you're not even on the right thread anymore... You're giving me Fatigue. #sad.
    Dude they arent laughing with you. They are laughing AT you. They know who you are and your reputation. They are professionals. They arent going to slight anyone in public.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 11-08-2019 at 03:02 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Did you happen to mention to them that they're not doing their jobs?.....according to you, that is
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Players aren't dumb and yet NDSU wins about as many recruiting battles with Wyoming and Northern Illinois as they lose. So if your theory is true players are recognizing that the level of competition in the MAC (in conference at least) isn't much different than the MVFC.
    I'm guessing recruits aren't coming here just because of the championship argument, because there are plenty of places they can go and win a championship of one kind or another. They come here for other reasons--great coaches, great fan base, great school, national attention, great system for them as players, etc. Consequently, if the championship enticement isn't there, it doesn't mean they won't come.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I have met and talked personally with AD Matt Larson and AAD Matt Lien. The amount of professionalism and Bison pride/Horns Up is beyond what I can describe here, and beyond my own really. For Lakesbison/El Chapo/Firedennyguy/Sam Human to question their respective and collective work/professionalism/integrity is complete and utter effing bullshit.

And no, I’m not bragging that I was granted some limited access; rather, I was fortunate to have had it. Those gentlemen are nothing other than first class and all in on everything NDSU.

And, yes, I’m effing pissed at “Chapo” over the shit/posts he does on social media, including here. Just pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hall of Fame material right there!!!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'm guessing recruits aren't coming here just because of the championship argument, because there are plenty of places they can go and win a championship of one kind or another. They come here for other reasons--great coaches, great fan base, great school, national attention, great system for them as players, etc. Consequently, if the championship enticement isn't there, it doesn't mean they won't come.

of course we would still get the top players- its not like SDSU is just going to become the NDSU after we leave fcs... The bison might have 3 QB drafted in a row and the U of M hasn't had one drafted in 42 years.... where do you think a top qb prospect would go? the gophers havent had a QB on their roster that would start for the Bison in over 12 years...