Page 137 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    this is a publicly owned football team.

Redistribute the Big Ten and SEC's media revenue.
    Hell yeah

College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    I didn't personally get stuck so ok there. I think the fatigue will end with the Semi final game although moving it from Friday night really stinks as that was the best atmosphere every year.. Sat afternoon makes it just another game..
    Friday night? That isn't even D2 thinking! That is high school football!
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Who would have thought that in 1990 after NDSU stomped all over the other team (IUP) in the national championship game with the FargoDome coming online that it would be TWENTY-ONE FREAKING YEARS before NDSU got to another national championship game? These streaks come to end (sometimes very suddenly) so it's best to enjoy them while you can. And very few teams, if any, have had as much to celebrate as NDSU. I mean, Montana won 11 or more games 8 times in the last decade but have only done it once this decade.

Its a great time to be a Bison fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Who would have thought that in 1990 after NDSU stomped all over the other team (IUP) in the national championship game with the FargoDome coming online that it would be TWENTY-ONE FREAKING YEARS before NDSU got to another national championship game? These streaks come to end (sometimes very suddenly) so it's best to enjoy them while you can. And very few teams, if any, have had as much to celebrate as NDSU. I mean, Montana won 11 or more games 8 times in the last decade but have only done it once this decade.
    Here here!

And it's not like what these guys are doing is easy... I hate that connotation in so many of these takes. I've seen a few comments about how Matt Entz didn't really deserve to win MVFC CotY because anyone could coach this team and still win the conference. I'd like to see any of the people who make those declarations step into a public facing job role for the first time in their career knowing that if they screw up once, which is bound to happen, they're going to grilled for it.

Similarly, the players who are out there pushing NDSU to these heights, for the most part, aren't guys who were highly sought after out of high school. Let's just sample our 8 first team all-MVFC performers this year:

Trey Lance: FBS offers from NIU, Air Force, Boise St (this was a big recruiting win)
    Ben Ellefson: FBS offers from Purdue, New Mexico, Wyoming, Air Force (another big recruiting win)
    Zack Johnson: No other reported offers
    Dillon Radunz: FBS offer from Wyoming, FCS offers from SDSU and USD
    Cordell Volson: FBS offer from Wyoming, no other reported FCS offers
    Derrek Tuszka: No other reported offers (was a very early commit though)
    Jabril Cox: No FBS offers but a multitude of FCS offers (this was a big win)
    James Hendricks: Only offers were D2 - was a late flip from Duluth

So 3 of those guys (Lance, Ellefson, Cox) were big recruiting wins and 2 of them (Radunz, Volson) were pretty good but the last 3 were basically NDSU only guys. These guys developed themselves and were developed by the program into first team All-Conference guys. That's not easy for the individual nor is it easy for a program to build a culture like NDSU has where that's almost commonplace.

Bottom line is these guys deserve recognition for the work they've done because it hasn't been handed to them, they've had to get it done by outworking the rest of the FCS just as much as out-gunning them with talent.

I'm having the time of my life traveling to even these little backwater towns. It's fun having other fans come up and talk to us about our mystique. We will cease to have mystique if we reach too high.

Yes, I said too high. Shove your DII shit up your ass.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everyone appreciates what NDSU is doing now. We LOVE it. It is Awesome.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

G_Funky is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

And it's not like what these guys are doing is easy... I hate that connotation in so many of these takes. I've seen a few comments about how Matt Entz didn't really deserve to win MVFC CotY because anyone could coach this team and still win the conference. I'd like to see any of the people who make those declarations step into a public facing job role for the first time in their career knowing that if they screw up once, which is bound to happen, they're going to grilled for it.
    uh yeah, no they fucking couldn't. As a matter of fact, I think there are few coaches in the MVFC that could win with this bunch and you can see it when we play other teams. To be completely honest the only HC i can envision replicating what Entz is doing is the guy from SIU.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

2 hours later and you could get 2 front row seats to nicholls st game. numerous empty seats and people are selling tickets LESS than face value for the 1st time since 2010.
    hope admin is seeing this fatigue

mr yahtzee twitter https://twitter.com/HailBison/status...285648898?s=19
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    2 hours later and you could get 2 front row seats to nicholls st game. numerous empty seats and people are selling tickets LESS than face value for the 1st time since 2010.
    hope admin is seeing this fatigue

mr yahtzee twitter https://twitter.com/HailBison/status...285648898?s=19
    I don't know what the admin sees but what I see is a spoiled fan base that's turning rotten. It's only going to get worse next week assuming they win and they're the 11AM Saturday kickoff again.