Page 78 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    Move some of these games back to the 7 PM slot like the "old days". That would help my fatigue. Giving up my entire Saturday during the fall is getting old, especially if the Bison are heavily favored. At least a 7 PM start would give everyone their morning back.
    bingo!! there's been a lack of buzz all year at tailgate and games. that's all we are saying. we need something to "PUMP IT UP" around here again. sorry.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Move some of these games back to the 7 PM slot like the "old days". That would help my fatigue. Giving up my entire Saturday during the fall is getting old, especially if the Bison are heavily favored. At least a 7 PM start would give everyone their morning back.
    I totally agree, nothing better in the late fall to sit back and watch football in the evening. Let the restraunts and bars fill up pre-game hours as well. Mid-Day sucks for those of us with an active weekend schedule, Hunt, Fish, Golf etc..Harvest!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Night games are the best! Imagine how much weekend you'd have if they just played the games on Friday night instead!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

7pm games were the best. I've never liked the 2:30 pm game. I had hoped the 2:30 game would be done when Klieman left. I didn't think it would happen...but I had hoped.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Night games are the best! Imagine how much weekend you'd have if they just played the games on Friday night instead!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Think of how much weekend everyone could have if the games were on Thursday! Wait a minute, just think of all the time saved if it was on a Wednesday! My God, if we avoid the weekends altogether, the possibilities are endless for this program!

2:30 is the absolute worst time for any outdoors person in the fall, heck, it even screws with raking a yard. 7pm allows for a house party and fun afterward, now, the game is over at 5:30 and everybody is like?? "Ok so that was fun, ,should we go and get something to eat or go HOME and screw!!!".....

I agree with most of what El chapo is saying- we love the bison and they still have great fan support but maybe not this year but pretty soon we just need to move up regardless.. even if just independents and explain to everyone its an adventure and we will figure it out as we go.. cause at say 10 out of 11 titles we have done everything we can at the FCS level.. the regular season has maybe one game that's competitive and no SDSU isn't competition... 2-12 this decade lost half of them by 20 points... the first 2 rounds of playoffs we win by 40 per and are basically exhibitions.. If they win out this year we will have lost basically 1... yes 1 game that really mattered in a decade and that was the JMU semi final.

I have a feeling if we go and like JMU and another big school go as well. the MT and SD schools will go with us.. they wont want to play in a worthless Non bison FCS and for sure don't want to be seen as second tier to a ND School... if we take them and UND maybe EWU and Northern Iowa that is a pretty competitive G5 conference... then see if they split or add playoffs.. until then our championship each year is winning that conference and see how high we can get ranked and maybe beat a couple of the big boys once in a while.... just think 10 years ago if you said NDSU will win 5 titles in a row and have a #2 draft pick- people in any Fargo bar would have laughed you out of the place.. so who knows what the future holds for us...

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    I agree with most of what El chapo is saying- we love the bison and they still have great fan support but maybe not this year but pretty soon we just need to move up regardless.. even if just independents and explain to everyone its an adventure and we will figure it out as we go.. cause at say 10 out of 11 titles we have done everything we can at the FCS level.. the regular season has maybe one game that's competitive and no SDSU isn't competition... 2-12 this decade lost half of them by 20 points... the first 2 rounds of playoffs we win by 40 per and are basically exhibitions.. If they win out this year we will have lost basically 1... yes 1 game that really mattered in a decade and that was the JMU semi final.

I have a feeling if we go and like JMU and another big school go as well. the MT and SD schools will go with us.. they wont want to play in a worthless Non bison FCS and for sure don't want to be seen as second tier to a ND School... if we take them and UND maybe EWU and Northern Iowa that is a pretty competitive G5 conference... then see if they split or add playoffs.. until then our championship each year is winning that conference and see how high we can get ranked and maybe beat a couple of the big boys once in a while.... just think 10 years ago if you said NDSU will win 5 titles in a row and have a #2 draft pick- people in any Fargo bar would have laughed you out of the place.. so who knows what the future holds for us...
    As Common always says "Your either on something or onto something", I like your angle.

Figuring it out as we go would be a disaster for the program.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

for those opposed to ever moving what is your breaking point? 10 of 11, 14 of 15? 18 of 20 titles? lose 13 games in a 20 year span? say at 14 of 15 would you still run around bragging how we crushed Youngstown 42-14 this weekend.... if a coworker came in and bragged how he won a fight with some 7th graders- would you be proud of him or call the police? cause that's where we are in 2019 with the Bison..