Page 212 of 302 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I didn't think it was that bad of a game to watch. I'd rather watch a game with halftime score of 11-0 compared to a score of 35-7.
    Game was fine for me. The O looked a bit too much like the ISUR game from last year so I didn’t care for that I guess.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Basketball is a bit different than football. I went to most of the games during college until they moved to Scheels, atmosphere was generally hit/miss. The SDSU games were generally hits. Sometimes Saul would get worked up and get the student section a bit rowdy.

Not sure its really fair to expect football types of enthusiasm.

But NDSU football isn't exactly full of chants either. There's the always uncoordinated "let's go bison" and the first down cheer, but mostly just a noisy place when the herd are on defense.

I think it'd be best for everyone involved if people didn't compare the two. NDSU basketball is a fun time and more people might go if they didn't compare it to a football game. I'm sure a lot of schools wish their basketball games had the same energy as a football game and vice versa. Plus you throw in the virus and all that, really it's just nice that people are going to support the team this year.
    1. I'm not asking for it to be just as crazy as football games. I would settle for 25% or even 10% of the enthusiasm from the football games. It was embarrassing.
    2. Basketball is waaaaay different than football for chants. I went to d3 "basketball school" and we would chant eeeasily 15-30x a game. Im not asking for 30x a game, NDSU didnt have ONE CHANT. Not 30, not 15, not 5... NOT A SINGLE CHANT.
    3. Being loud on defense would be incredible.... and its the easiest thing a crowd can do, especially so at a basketball game. too bad it didnt happen, even once. We're up by 3, less than a minute to go, against our biggest rival, a conference championship likely on the line, and no one was standing. no one was yelling, no one was cheering. It was a shameful performance by the crowd. It was literally me, the swanson twin who isnt on the podcast, and his buddy, ALONE who were yelling the last minute of the game.

I'm not asking to have a WWE-like atmosphere like we have at the dome, but like I originally said, if the crowd was 50% or even 25% as involved as they are at football games, we would have a top 5 atmosphere in mid major basketball. I'd take a standard high school rivalry game over the bull shit I saw on saturday

Easy things NDSU can do to improve the atmopshere
    1/ Home of the BISON
    2. Thunderstruck intro.
    3. Do the tunnel walk.
    4. Band plays more than 5 charts in 2 hours. the Marching band plays at least 15 charts with fewer time outs.
    5. Get thundar onto the court with a flag or something.
    6. Three point contest- really ANY on court fan engagement activities will do. there were precisely ZERO during the game.

All of these NDSU can control.

What they cant control
    7. yell on defense in the last minnute against your biggest rival, when youre up by 3 with less than 1 minute to go
    8. Yell on defense when the game is within 20 points
    9. yell on defense when the game is within 10 points
    10. Stand up at least 1 time during the game not after a dunk, or not to go to the bathroom.

Seems like pretty reasonable stuff here. Football fans who went to the game have no excuse to not do any of these things
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

I'm not asking to have a WWE-like atmosphere like we have at the dome, but like I originally said, if the crowd was 50% or even 25% as involved as they are at football games, we would have a top 5 atmosphere in mid major basketball. I'd take a standard high school rivalry game over the bull shit I saw on saturday

Easy things NDSU can do to improve the atmopshere
    1/ Home of the BISON
    2. Thunderstruck intro.
    3. Do the tunnel walk.
    4. Band plays more than 5 charts in 2 hours. the Marching band plays at least 15 charts with fewer time outs.
    5. Get thundar onto the court with a flag or something.
    6. Three point contest- really ANY on court fan engagement activities will do. there were precisely ZERO during the game.

All of these NDSU can control.

What they cant control
    7. yell on defense in the last minnute against your biggest rival, when youre up by 3 with less than 1 minute to go
    8. Yell on defense when the game is within 20 points
    9. yell on defense when the game is within 10 points
    10. Stand up at least 1 time during the game not after a dunk, or not to go to the bathroom.

Seems like pretty reasonable stuff here. Football fans who went to the game have no excuse to not do any of these things
    Ahhh it seems like perhaps they are just doing things differently right now with the rona stuff. At least thats what I'm hoping.

1. They tried doing thunderstruck intro about a decade ago. It was a flop, seemed like a cool idea until they did it. Not sure if they've tried some tunnel walk or anything like that. I'd prefer to avoid copycat stuff if possible ---> particularly if the goal is to avoid it being compared to football games.

2. Band can be hit or miss. I have been out of state for a few years so I have no idea how they have been doing things. I don't think anyone would be opposed to them expanding their song selections lol.

3. Might be a corona-thing that they aren't doing contests, they had them when I was in school. I might have a scar as evidence. I think DjKyRo had an infamously poor performance at one of those contests. If they aren't doing them period, bringing them back would be nice. I think corona-stuff messes with people yelling and cheering to some degree as well.

Hopefully some of these things you noticed were related to the school and fans being temporarily reluctant about cheering and getting the place energized rather than a bigger issue.

Lot of it goes to the students, they should have a few cheers...but admittedly we didn't leave them with that legacy. Hard for me to rip on them for that. The move to SCHEELS man, wrecked our vibe. Like someone else said, a generation of students really had no excitement around basketball games.

End of the day, I'd prefer the basketball games to have their own atmopshere rather than just copying the football games (other than making some noise on defense). They've tried bringing stuff over from football on occasion and it didn't generally work. I think about 90% of it can be fixed with the student section. If they are loud and having fun everyone else will too.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Ahhh it seems like perhaps they are just doing things differently right now with the rona stuff. At least thats what I'm hoping.

1. They tried doing thunderstruck intro about a decade ago. It was a flop, seemed like a cool idea until they did it. Not sure if they've tried some tunnel walk or anything like that. I'd prefer to avoid copycat stuff if possible ---> particularly if the goal is to avoid it being compared to football games.

2. Band can be hit or miss. I have been out of state for a few years so I have no idea how they have been doing things. I don't think anyone would be opposed to them expanding their song selections lol.

3. Might be a corona-thing that they aren't doing contests, they had them when I was in school. I might have a scar as evidence. I think DjKyRo had an infamously poor performance at one of those contests. If they aren't doing them period, bringing them back would be nice. I think corona-stuff messes with people yelling and cheering to some degree as well.

Hopefully some of these things you noticed were related to the school and fans being temporarily reluctant about cheering and getting the place energized rather than a bigger issue.

Lot of it goes to the students, they should have a few cheers...but admittedly we didn't leave them with that legacy. Hard for me to rip on them for that. The move to SCHEELS man, wrecked our vibe. Like someone else said, a generation of students really had no excitement around basketball games.

End of the day, I'd prefer the basketball games to have their own atmopshere rather than just copying the football games (other than making some noise on defense). They've tried bringing stuff over from football on occasion and it didn't generally work. I think about 90% of it can be fixed with the student section. If they are loud and having fun everyone else will too.
    spot on. all of this. I was there for the mens and womens games and I thought it was a great atmosphere.

thank you Covid!

there's legit 1000 tickets for sale on Facebook/Clist for this weeks game. and face value or less. ive never seen it this bad.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    spot on. all of this. I was there for the mens and womens games and I thought it was a great atmosphere.
    It was a trash atmosphere. Objectively speaking- if you can easily count the people in the entire stadium who are standing and cheering, it is not a good atmosphere. sorry. This isnt a hot take. If this was happening at Frost, we would have no problem saying "the atmosphere sucked". Your NDSU glasses are clouding your judgement.

However, if the student section was just an AVERAGE student section, the place could be hoppin'. 50 students who are rowdy can completely change an entire stadium. Of course the normal fan involvement was awful, but youre allowed to sit the whole game, silently as a paying fan- But the student section was a graveyard. #SadReally
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

wearing a mask for 3 hours in the fargodome in a half crowd isn't what people are looking for.
    also the offense isn't helping.

ive never seen so many tickets for sale for a game this big. its sad. but also its spring and covid. but still crazy to me. the fbook & craigslist pages loaded with them and 0 comments.

will playoffs look like this too?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ive never seen so many tickets for sale for a game this big. its sad. but also its spring and covid. but still crazy to me. the fbook & craigslist pages loaded with them and 0 comments.

No beer!! Duh

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

This is the issue that some people are having with buying tickets from people and not NDSU directly: what if the game gets canceled? I know some people who bought tickets from people and the game got canceled and couldn't get any money back.