Page 236 of 302 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It’s nice how just about everyone thinks “soccer” is a slur. Either because they don’t like soccer or because they really like soccer. Every unifying.
    I only used the soccer stadium as a reference to the post I was quoting and I have no issues watching a football game in a stadium designed primarily for soccer.
    It's OK to not be OK.

If Big 12 expands to 12-14-16 teams, theres a darn good chance Boise, maaybe CSU and maaaaaaybe San diego state get plucked. If thats the case, we'll get to see where NDSU stacks up in their minds, and we can finally get an answer to the question that has been giving Bisonville FITS over the last decade:

"Are fans more excited to play good teams with good stadiums and good fans, or are they more excited to play terrible teams in terrible stadiums with terrible fans?"

Its truly and enigma wrapped in a mystery.

Hopefully 56 can get some peace. I know his hypothesis is that "better competition, better money, and better exposure are aKsHulLy bad, and unattractive to football programs and recruits". Its really going to be fascinating to put that hypothesis to the test
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I only used the soccer stadium as a reference to the post I was quoting and I have no issues watching a football game in a stadium designed primarily for soccer.
    Just making an observation. North American “soccer” people get it from both sides is all I’m saying.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well let's play devils advocate. Let's say it does help attendance, or at the very least doesn't hurt. Tickets go up $10 (probably a lot more in most cases, being conservative). Someone do $10 x 18,000 x 8 home games.

You're already at almost $1.5M per year while being conservative in cost increases, and not adding in hypothetical increased attendance and definitely higher TM dues, additional community support, etc.
    I agree in the premise that better opponents means more ticket revenue but I'm not sure where you get 8 home games from. These hypotheticals about better opponents coming to the Fargodome if/when NDSU is FBS would mean less home games if anything. 6 a year tops I'd say with 12 game regular season schedules.

But where I just don't buy the fact the demand will go back to exceeding supply with those better opponents when tickets keep going up and up and up in price which, as you alluded to, is bound to happen with an FBS move and the limited capacity of the Fargodome.

IMO the way to maximize ticket demand and therefore revenue at NDSU (in FBS or FCS) is to have a larger venue with entry level cheap seats (obviously much easier said than done). I think they are pricing/have priced out a lot of fans who could be big spenders down the road and they're not going to be get those prospective ticket buyers back when demand drops off.

I agree that it would be nice to have some lower priced seats for the family guy to take his kids to once in awhile but I don't buy the "pricing out the fans" rhetoric. People spend ridiculous amounts of money on frivolous shit now days. IMO exciting games, quality opponents and the pandemic situation are the bigger factors right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I agree that it would be nice to have some lower priced seats for the family guy to take his kids to once in awhile but I don't buy the "pricing out the fans" rhetoric. People spend ridiculous amounts of money on frivolous shit now days. IMO exciting games, quality opponents and the pandemic situation are the bigger factors right now.
    You could be right... all I know is it was significantly easier to sell tickets over the last few years when I would just decide to save myself some time and effort and list them for below face value.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If Big 12 expands to 12-14-16 teams, theres a darn good chance Boise, maaybe CSU and maaaaaaybe San diego state get plucked. If thats the case, we'll get to see where NDSU stacks up in their minds, and we can finally get an answer to the question that has been giving Bisonville FITS over the last decade:

"Are fans more excited to play good teams with good stadiums and good fans, or are they more excited to play terrible teams in terrible stadiums with terrible fans?"

Its truly and enigma wrapped in a mystery.

Hopefully 56 can get some peace. I know his hypothesis is that "better competition, better money, and better exposure are aKsHulLy bad, and unattractive to football programs and recruits". Its really going to be fascinating to put that hypothesis to the test
    But, but, but we were assured by the FOB crowd that the Mountain West
    would be breaking down the FargoDome doors to get NDSU to join up!!!
    The Bison have a superior fanbase!
    The Bison have superior ESPN ratings!
    The Bison are a superior name brand!
    The Bison have a superior location, strategically located in Fargo with close proximity to other schools……

Well, maybe not so much the last one

But seriously, if your 1st paragraph were to happen, everything would be lining up for NDSU’s chance. Craig Bohl & Wyoming can lead the charge to get the Bison into the MW.
    But the 1st 3 articles I read on what the Mountain West would do if they got raided for 3 teams, well, none of them mentioned NDSU - so I am tired of looking for those.

Have you seen any mention of NDSU and the Mountain West?
    I’m always interested in reading about it.

I put that request to Lakes many times over the years and he has yet to produce.
    Just some random chat site stuff.
    Times have changed, SEC/Big 12 realignment is here, sowhatayagot?
    As always, extra extra credit for articles including MW Conference officials, MW school Presidents, MW AD’s, MW Coaches or even MW beat writers……

Today’s rumor wasn’t so promising:
    Max Olson
    @max_olson

The Big 12's current preference in expansion discussions is adding four members, sources tell @TheAthletic.

BYU, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston are considered the leading contenders. Still a lot of work to be done.

More info:
    Max Olson is a writer for the Athletic

The natives are getting restless.

We have a few options:

1. Shoot them all.
    2. Eliminate their food source.
    3. Give them blankets laced with a disease they have no immunity to.
    4. Get the hell out of here (FCS).

Which one do we choose???

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It’s nice how just about everyone thinks “soccer” is a slur. Either because they don’t like soccer or because they really like soccer. Every unifying.
    It isn't a slur. I love soccer and wish we had a league with men's teams. But a 20k seat soccer stadium is not a big-time football venue. It just isn't.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    It isn't a slur. I love soccer and wish we had a league with men's teams. But a 20k seat soccer stadium is not a big-time football venue. It just isn't.
    Fact Check:....... True. Its not even an impressive Soccer stadium. Its only special because we've been there. No one on this site would have anything positive to say about it if it were not for us having 80 billion championships there.

Hell its the third nicest soccer stadium in that state.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS