Page 235 of 302 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The amount of revenue we lose by not selling all the tickets impacts the budget of the athletic department in a huge way.
    Not sure there's that much lost revenue since tickets are so much more expensive now than they were 5 years ago or longer. Don't even really get a deal off face value with season tickets anymore (my endzone season tickets are $19 less than the face value of the tickets or $31 more if you include the mandatory Team Maker donation).

In any case 15,000 tickets sold at $50 each is the same amount of revenue as 18,000 tickets sold at $42 each.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Do you suppose that, if we were in the MWC, the attendance average would go up to 18K?...........I suspect they would, and the Dome would sellout, again.
    That's the big question. Just looking at attendance trending downward across all of college football I don't think moving FBS guarantees constant Fargodome sellouts. But your guess is as good as mine, I just don't think the answer is definitive.

if NDSU was FBS we wouldn't play fucking VALPO or Albany or und.

we'd have 1 FCS SDSU/UNI type
    1 FBS game at power 5
    2 FBS home/away game vs G 5

25,000 w expansion guaranteed
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if NDSU was FBS we wouldn't play fucking VALPO or Albany or und.

we'd have 1 FCS SDSU/UNI type
    1 FBS game at power 5
    2 FBS home/away game vs G 5

25,000 w expansion guaranteed
    Id actually be fine if we'd play und while fbs in the same way the iowa teams play each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    And don't forget, we get to play for national champions, not meaningless bowl games like the Fiesta Bowl, Cotton Bowl, or Sugar Bowl. And if we can make it to the natty, we get to play our final game of the season in a 20,000 seat soccer stadium. What's not to love?
    It's far more likely that we would be playing at the same soccer stadium in Frisco or some other lower-tier bowl game in Boise.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It's far more likely that we would be playing at the same soccer stadium in Frisco or some other lower-tier bowl game in Boise.
    That's probably what they said to Boise, Houston, UCF, and TCU (when in MWC).
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not sure there's that much lost revenue since tickets are so much more expensive now than they were 5 years ago or longer. Don't even really get a deal off face value with season tickets anymore (my endzone season tickets are $19 less than the face value of the tickets or $31 more if you include the mandatory Team Maker donation).

In any case 15,000 tickets sold at $50 each is the same amount of revenue as 18,000 tickets sold at $42 each.

That's the big question. Just looking at attendance trending downward across all of college football I don't think moving FBS guarantees constant Fargodome sellouts. But your guess is as good as mine, I just don't think the answer is definitive.
    You honestly think Valpo would sell the same tickets as Boise or BYU. Come on man. Or Georgia Southern. Or App State.
    ECT. Ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You honestly think Valpo would sell the same tickets as Boise or BYU. Come on man. Or Georgia Southern. Or App State.
    ECT. Ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did I say that? I said that I don't think going FBS guarantees sell outs since attendance is down pretty much everywhere from where it was a 5-10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Id actually be fine if we'd play und while fbs in the same way the iowa teams play each other.
    hahaha. fuck no
    NDSU IS WHAT 136-11 in last 12 years and people still think FCS is the best ever!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It’s nice how just about everyone thinks “soccer” is a slur. Either because they don’t like soccer or because they really like soccer. Every unifying.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Did I say that? I said that I don't think going FBS guarantees sell outs since attendance is down pretty much everywhere from where it was a 5-10 years ago.
    Well let's play devils advocate. Let's say it does help attendance, or at the very least doesn't hurt. Tickets go up $10 (probably a lot more in most cases, being conservative). Someone do $10 x 18,000 x 8 home games.

You're already at almost $1.5M per year while being conservative in cost increases, and not adding in hypothetical increased attendance and definitely higher TM dues, additional community support, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*