Page 211 of 302 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its covid induced spring football. But wow, we got a problem on our hands momentum wise. lets hope we just burn thru this spring season quick and get to the fall season. Cuz im never seen so much fatigue for ndsu football than today, not kuch buzz, 3000+ bailing on their tickets and the overall atmosphere at the game.
    maybe itll change in a few weeks
    i hope so
    Compared to most college football games it was solid. Heck UNI drew 2137 vs SDSU in a top 5 match up

I was reluctant to go. Not because of fatigue but because of covid and no tailgating. (No tailgating will especially annoy me when the weather improves. So dumb.) Our next home game the vaccination number will be higher too. May not have a mask mandate either. It's hard to make noise when your face is masked

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

But I will add- I didn't think the game would happen after the BS from the Central Arkansas game. Kind of blew my trust in the athletic department. But now that yesterday's game happened I won't worry about that.

As far as tailgating goes. At the very least do a scaled down version where you can stand at the end of your tailgate and drink a beer for a few hours. We don't need big tent setups

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If there was tailgaiting yesterday I think the game is sold out. I think we're really underestimating how essential that is to the gameday experience. The game is awesome of course, but we can watch that on TV. what we cant do at home is gather with 50-300 of our closest friends and have a massive party eating awesome food along with 10,000 OTHER friends.

Yeah I wish the stadium was at capacity, but I was pleased with the turnout and it sounded pretty loud on TV and on the radio as well! I thought those who showed up- SHOWED UP. definitely didnt feel empty even though it looked like it.

the UND and SDSU games will feel like a sell out. I was at the basektball games on saturday against SDSU, and it was technically half capacity, but it FELT like a sellout.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    If there was tailgaiting yesterday I think the game is sold out. I think we're really underestimating how essential that is to the gameday experience. The game is awesome of course, but we can watch that on TV. what we cant do at home is gather with 50-300 of our closest friends and have a massive party eating awesome food along with 10,000 OTHER friends.

Yeah I wish the stadium was at capacity, but I was pleased with the turnout and it sounded pretty loud on TV and on the radio as well! I thought those who showed up- SHOWED UP. definitely didnt feel empty even though it looked like it.

the UND and SDSU games will feel like a sell out. I was at the basektball games on saturday against SDSU, and it was technically half capacity, but it FELT like a sellout.
    Speaking of which, our basketball fans SuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. holy Sh*t, what a disappointment. It sounds like its a football game where we are always on offense. Absolutely no cheering whatsoever unless we score. No yelling on defense, no chanting. Atmosphere is dead as a doornail unless we're scoring at the moment.
    First NDSU basketball game I've been to and wow our fans were horrific. Ive seen gyms with only 300 fans that were VASTLY more raucous and LOUD than the 2800 people who were there.
    No home of the "BISON!", no cheering on defense, no chanting, no crowd engagment, student section was standing room only but were silent as a cemetery.

Seriously, If our basktball fans were HALF as engaged as our football fans, we would have a top 50 atmosphere in ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I guess the fan base is just a bunch of spoiled little whiny babies then, and I elect you as their spokesperson. Just STFU already.

Did you actually go to NDSU? You complain about this team more than anybody I know. Why don’t you move to SD where cancel culture is a real thing …

They beat the leg-twisting penguin punks yesterday with a bland playbook and stud defense. Other than Wilson getting hurt, I found it entertaining and enjoyable and I appreciated the effort. Last thing you want to do is shoot your wad on the first date, especially this year when there’s a ridiculous number of games between now and next January.

Some of you people are spoiled. That’s all I got
    You thought that was an entertaining and enjoyable game? Doh'k.
    I'm looking at the FANBASE and staying at FCS. have you seen this years schedule the 1st 6 games are vs PUDS, all of them. last 2 games vs sdsu/uni should ramp it up hopefully .

but a significant number of NDSU fans and the "badwagoners" are shying away. FBS would provide that boost in the arm. we need it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm looking at the FANBASE and staying at FCS. have you seen this years schedule the 1st 6 games are vs PUDS, all of them. last 2 games vs sdsu/uni should ramp it up hopefully .

but a significant number of NDSU fans and the "badwagoners" are shying away. FBS would provide that boost in the arm. we need it.
    I didn't think it was that bad of a game to watch. I'd rather watch a game with halftime score of 11-0 compared to a score of 35-7.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Speaking of which, our basketball fans SuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. holy Sh*t, what a disappointment. It sounds like its a football game where we are always on offense. Absolutely no cheering whatsoever unless we score. No yelling on defense, no chanting. Atmosphere is dead as a doornail unless we're scoring at the moment.
    First NDSU basketball game I've been to and wow our fans were horrific. Ive seen gyms with only 300 fans that were VASTLY more raucous and LOUD than the 2800 people who were there.
    No home of the "BISON!", no cheering on defense, no chanting, no crowd engagment, student section was standing room only but were silent as a cemetery.

Seriously, If our basktball fans were HALF as engaged as our football fans, we would have a top 50 atmosphere in ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL
    Basketball is a bit different than football. I went to most of the games during college until they moved to Scheels, atmosphere was generally hit/miss. The SDSU games were generally hits. Sometimes Saul would get worked up and get the student section a bit rowdy.

Not sure its really fair to expect football types of enthusiasm. But NDSU football isn't exactly full of chants either. There's the always uncoordinated "let's go bison" and the first down cheer, but mostly just a noisy place when the herd are on defense.

I think it'd be best for everyone involved if people didn't compare the two. NDSU basketball is a fun time and more people might go if they didn't compare it to a football game. I'm sure a lot of schools wish their basketball games had the same energy as a football game and vice versa. Plus you throw in the virus and all that, really it's just nice that people are going to support the team this year.
    College of Business Alumnus

I briefly considered driving up for the game when I saw tickets were available, I even mentioned it to my brother who lives much closer to Fargo, but I decided against it due to COVID.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve been a die hard Bison backer 40 years. I’m old, reluctant to change. I’m getting into March Madness mode. February football seems strange and somehow unimportant. My saturdays in the spring are often spent working as an official at high school Track and Field meets unless NDSU is hosting a meet. I watched the game yesterday but it felt like an audition for the real season next fall! Strange times!

Do you actually think in a year where football is being played in the spring, during a pandemic that particularly affects older people, and zero tailgating is really the best time to analyze fan enthusiasm?

FBS would certainly be a great shot in the arm. But any data from this spring is probably worthless in terms of fan enthusiasm.
    College of Business Alumnus