Page 74 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fatigue

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    plenty of money, MWC has College Football Playoff money, Big Dance Money and TV revenue.
    Dude we have been done the MW road. Average media for MW school is 3 million. Bison brings no where near that to the table. Bring NDSU to the MW all schools make less. So they will have no interest in NDSU. Big 10 brought in Rutgers for the New York market. Doesn't matter how they do on the field, it adds audience. Bison don't cover their share if a MW school.

MAC, same issue. So again, find a conference that works.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Dude we have been done the MW road. Average media for MW school is 3 million. Bison brings no where near that to the table. Bring NDSU to the MW all schools make less. So they will have no interest in NDSU. Big 10 brought in Rutgers for the New York market. Doesn't matter how they do on the field, it adds audience. Bison don't cover their share if a MW school.

MAC, same issue. So again, find a conference that works.
    Are you assuming our media rights $$ don’t increase?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Are you assuming our media rights $$ don’t increase?
    I think you're misunderstanding what he's saying. If NDSU joins one of those conferences then every other school in that conference piece of the pie for TV deals, CFP money, etc gets that much smaller. So those existing schools aren't going to go for it unless NDSU brings something to the table that makes the conference look more attractive when their next TV deal is negotiated. Does the Fargo/ND market do that? Doubtful.

I don't think anyone would argue that NDSU would be competitive at the G5 level but this whole notion that they can force their way into an FBS conference is a pipe dream. The best anyone with FBS aspirations can hope for is something happens that threatens the stability of the G5 or a G5 conference like a few of their teams getting poached by a conference higher up the food chain or the P5 breaking away leaving the G5 as a whole in limbo. Metaphorically speaking you've gotta hope the girl gets dumped by her current boyfriend and needs to go looking for a rebound guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    He continues to be the biggest embarrassment to Bison football. And that's saying something considering that picture from DT Minneapolis this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    bisonlaw. haha. both you and cas got your law degrees from the 158th ranked law school. talk about embarassments.

listen. we get it. for some of you this is the biggest thing in your lives. I believe NDSU can achieve even bigger goals in my lifetime and RIGHT NOW we have a Football PROGRAM that has a system that would be top 25 in the FBS RIGHT NOW (especially with 22 more full rides) and we are pissing this opportunity away because you wanna stay the big fish in the Hoople duck pond.

sorry , ripping on me wont stop the 99% of college fans thinking we are just like Mount Union & trophy chasing and ripping on me wont stop the Bison fatique & plateauing that is taking place.
    I know it's fun to crack jokes about UND's law school but something tells me that decision has worked out just fine for CAS. If the plan is to stay local, not sure what alternatives are even worthwhile other than the U of M?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I know it's fun to crack jokes about UND's law school but something tells me that decision has worked out just fine for CAS. If the plan is to stay local, not sure what alternatives are even worthwhile other than the U of M?
    This is correct. The vast majority of ND lawyers are from UND. It is by far the most sensible choice for law school if you plan to practice in ND. There is a decent amount of folks from the Minneapolis schools as well (U of M; St. Thomas; Mitchell Hamline) and other random schools mixed in.

Luckily, I had a great opportunity to avoid UND. Unfortunately, that does mean I'm a gopher. Sort of a catch 22.

Also, we're shitting on people who went to law school? That shit is hard.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding what he's saying. If NDSU joins one of those conferences then every other school in that conference piece of the pie for TV deals, CFP money, etc gets that much smaller. So those existing schools aren't going to go for it unless NDSU brings something to the table that makes the conference look more attractive when their next TV deal is negotiated. Does the Fargo/ND market do that? Doubtful.

I don't think anyone would argue that NDSU would be competitive at the G5 level but this whole notion that they can force their way into an FBS conference is a pipe dream. The best anyone with FBS aspirations can hope for is something happens that threatens the stability of the G5 or a G5 conference like a few of their teams getting poached by a conference higher up the food chain or the P5 breaking away leaving the G5 as a whole in limbo. Metaphorically speaking you've gotta hope the girl gets dumped by her current boyfriend and needs to go looking for a rebound guy.
    I didn’t misunderstand, where I was going was that being FBS would further help NDSU’s brand and therefore increase market capacity. In this scenario you can’t look at where NDSU is currently, you’d have to look at what we could be. Similar to moving up from D2 (roughly 20 years too late), Chapman’s vision wasn’t “let’s keep funding and supporting ourselves at a D2 level and see what happens”.

Most rational pro-FBS folks argue that SHOULD an FBS invite arise, we should take the opportunity. Whether or not the Mountain West gives us an offer or not isn’t really all that up to us. Most pro-FBS peeps thought is that we should make our programs as strong as possible (something everyone can get behind) and let the rest fall out where it may. Either it means more FCS championships or it’s an awesome opportunity and challenge to see where this program and university can really go.

It would make more sense if NDSU/SDSU went to the MAC as a package deal. Most of the locations are closer than the MWC. But, I doubt any of these conferences want our minor sports programs. Something the FBS folks never consider. There's no way NDSU is getting a Football only invite. Not to mention realignment favors MAC teams moving over the MWC, so the openings would go to the MAC.

AAC would pluck from CUSA. CUSA would pluck from MAC. MTN West if ever an opening would probably take a Texas School from CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It would make more sense if NDSU/SDSU went to the MAC as a package deal. Most of the locations are closer than the MWC. But, I doubt any of these conferences want our minor sports programs. Something the FBS folks never consider. There's no way NDSU is getting a Football only invite. Not to mention realignment favors MAC teams moving over the MWC, so the openings would go to the MAC.

AAC would pluck from CUSA. CUSA would pluck from MAC. MTN West if ever an opening would probably take a Texas School from CUSA.
    Hold out for the AAC, baby. Only 1 D1 FB team in the sate of ND has any true FBS potential, so the Bison should hold out for the best G5 conference available.

'Bison fatigue' is a myth engineered by closet naysayers in an attempt to hurt the best D1 athletics show in the state (by far). There is no such thing as 'Bison fatigue'. I love watching talented young athletes make plays for eachother, and the more the better, so I don’t have any problem at all with the blowouts. I find them very entertaining and enjoyable. I suspect many people agree with me.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Hold out for the AAC, baby. Only 1 D1 FB team in the sate of ND has any true FBS potential, so the Bison should hold out for the best G5 conference available.

'Bison fatigue' is a myth engineered by closet naysayers in an attempt to hurt the best D1 athletics show in the state (by far). There is no such thing as 'Bison fatigue'. I love watching talented young athletes make plays for eachother, and the more the better, so I don’t have any problem at all with the blowouts. I find them very entertaining and enjoyable. I suspect many people agree with me.
    I like seeing the Bison play well, regardless of the score. And I like seeing backups get an opportunity to play.