Page 178 of 302 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm not in the area anymore, so next to nothing will get me to a game now. But if I was in the area, there are two things that would make me inclined to go.

1. a rivalry game, so UND or SDSU.
    2. a game I expect to be competitive.

There aren't many competitive games. The problem is if they stop winning so much people will complain that they aren't as good as they used to be and still not go to the games lmao. I don't see anything "fixing" it short of moving to FBS and that likely isn't going to happen so.....it is what it is I guess.
    Right on. I think people believe that I am FBS at all costs- which is simply not true. I just laugh at those that believe that the bolded statement isnt true. they think because "it's not likely" (which is true) that your statement isnt true. They both are true.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    This I mostly agree with. I have always said SDSU will be a real rivalry when they beat us in a game that matters. Maybe they will someday. But they are at least usually competitive against us.

They signed their coach up last year for 5 more!!! So NDSU is in good shape for 4 more years, I will be a bit more concerned once he is replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    I really can't argue with a recognizable "fatigue" that's going on in Bison Nation right now and I can really only speak for how I feel personally, not how others may or may not feel about my favorite football program/team. I don't discuss the FCS to FBS move at all because I'm in the camp that feels there is so much at play that we have no control over that I don't think it's profitable at all to continually bring it up on this forum. If people want to continue to beat a dead horse then by all means go for it, I don't have to read it or post a response to it.

I have mentioned before that I feel there is a certain level of disrespect going on towards our current student athletes that are representing this Bison program right now, with the constant discussion of moving up or how badly the "FCS sucks". I just don't think it's fair to them to dismiss what they are accomplishing based upon the state of our conference competition or the FCS as a whole. You can't on one hand get all sorts of excited when we are getting recruits to come here over FBS programs and every FCS school in the nation, and then on the other hand get all bent out of shape and say no one is raising the bar and trying to keep up with us. There is something special at NDSU, these kids know it and our coaches know it. They play for the players that have come before them. They take it seriously. They don't want to be the team to slip up or lower the bar, that's what motivates them to always be the best. They do the little things right, and that comes from preparation by players/coaches. Why discredit that? I just don't get it. I'm going to continue to focus on the NDSU Bison and how proud I am of what they represent as a team and program, instead of worrying about everyone/everything else.
    Very solid post, I was trying to state this early. That this program is accomplishing with constant player turnover and coaching changes. To no only repeat an appearance in the title game is hard enough let alone with the student athletes are doing along with coaching staff. Yes the game day environment could use some updates/improvements. But I am there more to watch the team execute at the level they do. It is truly incredible. Go Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    They signed their coach up last year for 5 more!!! So NDSU is in good shape for 4 more years, I will be a bit more concerned once he is replaced.
    SDSU has beat NDSU like 10 times in the last 50+ years. What makes you think they are suddenly going to be better once the only coach who has been successful there leaves?

TRIVIA QUESTION: the teams have played in Brookings, Fargo, and what other location?

Please no cheating. I noticed this on wikipedia.
    College of Business Alumnus

SDSU has beat NDSU like 10 times in the last 50+ years. What makes you think they are suddenly going to be better once the only coach who has been successful there leaves?

TRIVIA QUESTION: the teams have played in Brookings, Fargo, and what other location?

Please no cheating. I noticed this on wikipedia.
    Watertown. What do I win?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Watertown. What do I win?
    The satisfaction of getting the right answer, of course.

The satisfaction of getting the right answer, of course.
    So I got that going for me which is nice.

A good marching band is still a nice thing to have. That is the halftime entertainment at pretty much every university across the country I believe? What do you want at halftime? It's 20 min and most folks are getting up to go walk around/use the bathroom anyway.
    I would agree... Its something that makes College Football feel like college football vs. the NFL.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I would agree... Its something that makes College Football feel like college football vs. the NFL.
    "For today's halftime entertainment, welcome the FM AcroTeam, and 32 below! GET ON YOUR FEET BISON FANS! Today's halftime is sponsored by Titan Machinery!"

"For today's halftime entertainment, welcome the Johnny Holm band! Today's halftime is sponsored by North Dakota Tourism! Be Legendary!"

"For today's halftime entertainment, welcome Tigerlily! Today's halftime is sponsored by Peterson Farm Seed!"

Good God that sounds awful. Just get the band out there and play a few songs that people can listen to while they go get their dippin dots and take a leak. My only complaint about the band(at least from my time in school) was that too often they'd play songs that I couldn't actually tell what they were. Play songs that people know. No need to have some "Beatles" theme or "Rolling Stones" theme. Just play typical college marching band songs

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    If you haven't watched a blowout game before seated next to the band, I highly recommend it. Lots of funny stuff to keep you entertained as the point spread soars.