Page 177 of 302 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Honestly to me it seems the only thing that may need to be updated is the fan experience. I graduated in 2014 and came back for a home game a couple years ago and was surprised to see that nothing had really changed in this regard. I think that when I was a student there were tangible gameday experience changes on a yearly basis.

I’ll throw the disclaimer here that these updates aren’t for me, I’d pay $100+ to watch us smoke Ferris State again and love every second of it. But I think adding beer and WiFi are a good start. Eventually I think the gameday experience crew needs to find a way to bring the tailgate atmosphere into the dome. I’m not even sure what that really means, but the days of people sitting on their butts for three hours to watch a football game without any other entertainment are quickly coming to a close. Across the country schools are finding out that there needs to be more reasons than football for someone to go to the games.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Honestly to me it seems the only thing that may need to be updated is the fan experience. I graduated in 2014 and came back for a home game a couple years ago and was surprised to see that nothing had really changed in this regard. I think that when I was a student there were tangible gameday experience changes on a yearly basis.

I’ll throw the disclaimer here that these updates aren’t for me, I’d pay $100+ to watch us smoke Ferris State again and love every second of it. But I think adding beer and WiFi are a good start. Eventually I think the gameday experience crew needs to find a way to bring the tailgate atmosphere into the dome. I’m not even sure what that really means, but the days of people sitting on their butts for three hours to watch a football game without any other entertainment are quickly coming to a close. Across the country schools are finding out that there needs to be more reasons than football for someone to go to the games.
    ^^^^^this^^^^^. It’s all about the experience these days.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    The stadium itself is decent but the rest of it sucks... No easy parking- only one road in and out of the entire area. No alcohol and the worst food selection of any stadium I have ever been in my life.... halftime is always the band which I cant stand.. its 2019 no one cares about a band but the parents..
    A good marching band is still a nice thing to have. That is the halftime entertainment at pretty much every university across the country I believe? What do you want at halftime? It's 20 min and most folks are getting up to go walk around/use the bathroom anyway.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    I really can't argue with a recognizable "fatigue" that's going on in Bison Nation right now and I can really only speak for how I feel personally, not how others may or may not feel about my favorite football program/team. I don't discuss the FCS to FBS move at all because I'm in the camp that feels there is so much at play that we have no control over that I don't think it's profitable at all to continually bring it up on this forum. If people want to continue to beat a dead horse then by all means go for it, I don't have to read it or post a response to it.

I have mentioned before that I feel there is a certain level of disrespect going on towards our current student athletes that are representing this Bison program right now, with the constant discussion of moving up or how badly the "FCS sucks". I just don't think it's fair to them to dismiss what they are accomplishing based upon the state of our conference competition or the FCS as a whole. You can't on one hand get all sorts of excited when we are getting recruits to come here over FBS programs and every FCS school in the nation, and then on the other hand get all bent out of shape and say no one is raising the bar and trying to keep up with us. There is something special at NDSU, these kids know it and our coaches know it. They play for the players that have come before them. They take it seriously. They don't want to be the team to slip up or lower the bar, that's what motivates them to always be the best. They do the little things right, and that comes from preparation by players/coaches. Why discredit that? I just don't get it. I'm going to continue to focus on the NDSU Bison and how proud I am of what they represent as a team and program, instead of worrying about everyone/everything else.
    The ones disrespecting the student athletes is the leadership, promotions, marketing, social media departments that are on cruise control, thinking that the product will just sell itself like it has in the past 7/8 years. The product is as good as it gets (players, coaches, program). Getting the message out and fan engagement is dead. Where's the weekly hype videos? where's the messages on what color to wear to the game (gold rush)? Those things keep fans engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

I'm not in the area anymore, so next to nothing will get me to a game now. But if I was in the area, there are two things that would make me inclined to go.

1. a rivalry game, so UND or SDSU.
    2. a game I expect to be competitive.

There aren't many competitive games. The problem is if they stop winning so much people will complain that they aren't as good as they used to be and still not go to the games lmao. I don't see anything "fixing" it short of moving to FBS and that likely isn't going to happen so.....it is what it is I guess.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm not in the area anymore, so next to nothing will get me to a game now. But if I was in the area, there are two things that would make me inclined to go.

1. a rivalry game, so UND or SDSU.
    2. a game I expect to be competitive.

There aren't many competitive games. The problem is if they stop winning so much people will complain that they aren't as good as they used to be and still not go to the games lmao. I don't see anything "fixing" it short of moving to FBS and that likely isn't going to happen so.....it is what it is I guess.
    this is the main problem.. if we have a competitive rival come in like SDSU then tickets are sold out and going for 100 plus like last years semi final. Problem is no one is actually competitive with us. even the great SDSU is like 2-12 against us since the dynasty started.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    A good marching band is still a nice thing to have. That is the halftime entertainment at pretty much every university across the country I believe? What do you want at halftime? It's 20 min and most folks are getting up to go walk around/use the bathroom anyway.
    Frisbee dogs!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    atm??????? This whole experience is difficult for you and so many others.I wonder why you even go.
    I would question what other stadiums he's been to since he finds the Fargodome so difficult. I'm certain somebody who feels that way has never been to a Vikings or Gophers game. I was at home 30 minutes after the game ended on Saturday. There are few stadiums as big or bigger on earth that are easier to access.

It could still use some improvements, sure, but it's certainly not the liability he makes it out to be.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

this is the main problem.. if we have a competitive rival come in like SDSU then tickets are sold out and going for 100 plus like last years semi final. Problem is no one is actually competitive with us. even the great SDSU is like 2-12 against us since the dynasty started.
    This I mostly agree with. I have always said SDSU will be a real rivalry when they beat us in a game that matters. Maybe they will someday. But they are at least usually competitive against us.

The stadium itself is decent but the rest of it sucks... No easy parking- only one road in and out of the entire area. No alcohol and the worst food selection of any stadium I have ever been in my life.... halftime is always the band which I cant stand.. its 2019 no one cares about a band but the parents..
    Im with you until you trash the band, lol... What do you mean "its 2019!" Did something change in 2019 where marching bands arent cool anymore? did something change where they arent integral to the College football atmosphere? seriously wtf are you talking about lol? they are also the only students who show up, usually are huge fans, and stay until the end, and cheer loudly.

If you think REMOVING the band is going to make the atmosphere better you should be locked up in an insane asylum
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS