Page 274 of 302 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

I had the same experience -- standing room only. Went back in now and the site is up and running normally. I guess Bison Fatigue hit whoever was in charge of hitting the button to open up the ticket sales at 3 PM, too.

BigHorns is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    I had the same experience -- standing room only. Went back in now and the site is up and running normally. I guess Bison Fatigue hit whoever was in charge of hitting the button to open up the ticket sales at 3 PM, too.

Guess they screwed this one up. fwiw, good number of seats shown now.

This is ONLY showing the non season ticket seats available.
    After season ticket renewal deadline passes there will be 2000+ more
    sitting at 12,000 I'd say right now.

ps- does a season ticket holder get to buy his seats this week EVEN IF they passed on last weeks tickets? (same if you skip this weekend, you will still get a shot at semis?)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I got this ALL figured out.

2010-2014'ish. NDSU games were a party from outside tailgating into the dome. It was fresh, new and the vast majority of the fanbase (especially smaller town nodakers, Fargo etc) experienced WINNING & FUN FOOTBALL for the 1st time in lives)
    but it's 2021 now, it's been total domination of the FCS.

2014-2015 is when NDSU should of jumped. Wentz Mania, Klieman/Taylor could've pushed us into the FBS. that was the time.

https://youtu.be/9mKGuMOEWeU

Anyways, Now it's worn out, it's all been there, done that. The rabid fans then are now staying home with 70 inch tvs or tailgate and goto the bars, or just do other things now.

what's left is an older fanbase & very little 25-40 year olds...

ONLY way to rekindle is HAVE 1 PERSON W vision (besides me) that can show NDSU/FARGO that we can get much much bigger!!!

now is the time. 146-12 is the record. it's beyond time
    I think you nailed it El Chapo.
    Im 18 years older when I was following the Herd back in 2003 Transition to FCS from DII. As a fan I am tired of MVFC opponents, I want more of a challenge, better teams, never knowing if we can win or lose each Saturday vs blowouts.... Tired of seeing our teams play in FCS stadiums that are smaller then the Bismarck Community Bowl. The entire landscape of College football needs to flip. Power 5 gets the top 12 teams or 16 teams in the country. The rest play as is but we all play in a 24 team playoff like we have now. This would be much like March Madness Hoops with Mid Schools getting a chance to play bigger schools...

I also believe not playing a FBS Team in 5 years has lost fans, that revs up Bison Nation! I for one will be going to Arizona next Sept. to enjoy a big boy game in 85plus degrees vs a small Frisco 20,000 seat stadium at 40 degrees the FCS deserves to play in a larger stadium for a National championship. See this what happens, WE WANT MORE. We've out grown who we are... You nailed it.

Be Herd - love where we are going, lets get that Title Back!

This is ONLY showing the non season ticket seats available.
    After season ticket renewal deadline passes there will be 2000+ more
    sitting at 12,000 I'd say right now.

ps- does a season ticket holder get to buy his seats this week EVEN IF they passed on last weeks tickets? (same if you skip this weekend, you will still get a shot at semis?)
    Yes, I think they do.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

When's the deadline for season ticket holders to claim their tickets this week?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    When's the deadline for season ticket holders to claim their tickets this week?
    I think it's Tuesday sometime.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Well I fit the mold of the guy who was more involved to start the run of nattys. Been to Frisco 5 times and had a blast each time. I have never had season tickets but usually got in for the playoffs in the corner of section 5 or 6 somewhere! Three hours away and farming keeps me from making too many games. Tried for season tickets after they became hard to find, then quit trying when I might of had a chance. No kids to start but now they are old enough to not be too much trouble and can stay engaged for the whole game I hope. Hoping to find some decent seats after Tuesday as I didn’t nab any today. Excited to make my first game this year. Go Bison!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got this ALL figured out.

2010-2014'ish. NDSU games were a party from outside tailgating into the dome. It was fresh, new and the vast majority of the fanbase (especially smaller town nodakers, Fargo etc) experienced WINNING & FUN FOOTBALL for the 1st time in lives)
    but it's 2021 now, it's been total domination of the FCS.

2014-2015 is when NDSU should of jumped. Wentz Mania, Klieman/Taylor could've pushed us into the FBS. that was the time.

https://youtu.be/9mKGuMOEWeU

Anyways, Now it's worn out, it's all been there, done that. The rabid fans then are now staying home with 70 inch tvs or tailgate and goto the bars, or just do other things now.

what's left is an older fanbase & very little 25-40 year olds...

ONLY way to rekindle is HAVE 1 PERSON W vision (besides me) that can show NDSU/FARGO that we can get much much bigger!!!

now is the time. 146-12 is the record. it's beyond time
    The tailgating and good crowds were solid going back to 2006, which is amazingly 15 years ago. Things started to take off when we played the Gophers in 2006 and 2007. Fans looked forward to the Iowa, Iowa State, K State and Colorado State games. Then the FBS games stopped happening.

2011 through 2016 was the peak years in overall fan interest. I would say it peaked when we played Charleston Southern in week zero on ESPN, then had an epic game vs Eastern Washington and then beat Iowa.

Since them, fans have gone from seeing teams like Georgia Southern to seeing no name teams like Colgate, San Diego, Wofford, NICHOLLS. We didn't lose a game for over 2 years and didn't play anyone great, until the semi or national championship.

This year has been expensive for fans too. You have 2 seasons squeezed into 1 year. That's not cheap when you figure the cost of season ticket, road trips and tailgating. We're coming off a mediocre covid season that had no tailgating, limited fans, and sterile environments. You still have covid. You have the worst home schedule in years

Overall interest is still high though. TV ratings are though the roof. Donations are massive

I think the atmosphere has suffered a bit. Too much corporate garbage and too many corporate seats that go unused. Prices have gone up a ton, and less students. Declining enrollment doesn't help.

Also we flat out don't advertise because we didn't need to.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 12-05-2021 at 11:28 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Get it in while you can boys because this Bison Fatigue will be over in a couple weeks when we play JMU or Montana. I’m pretty pumped for that matchup more than at anytime this year. Gonna be a great game with either opponent.

That also doesn’t include the championship in Frisco. All opponents left would make for a great matchup in Frisco. I don’t know why a real fan isn’t pump for the last two weeks of the season!