Page 268 of 302 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm also interested in this. It is never going away completely, so I'm curious if those folks ever come back? And how many fans is that?
    Some people may be concerned about the new variant also. There is reason to believe the vaccine won't stop it because the spike signature that is targeted is different. I don't think the new restrictions will slow it down much either.

I'm pretty confident I can handle getting sick, but understand why older people or those with health conditions might not want to attend big crowded events right about now. I'm sure its a bit of a factor in attendance.

Another factor is how much cheaper and easier it is to watch the early round games on ESPN+
    Tickets for a group of 10 buys lots of beer and pizza.
    People get a lot more excited to go see the big games in person.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 12-03-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’ve been boosted. Just prior to that I took the risk of going into US Bank Stadium to see the Stones and actually took my seat for most of the concert with a bunch of unmasked strangers within arms reach. I did not get sick.

I’ve dined inside (sit down) three times in the last 22 months. Not long after one of those times my phone notified me that I had recently spent >= 15 minutes within six feet of someone who subsequently tested positive for Covid. I did not get sick.

I believe my immunity is strong so I am not deterred by Covid per se. However I DO have a strong aversion to the anti-science, anti-intellectual crowd. Unless an event is going to be exceedingly rare and offers some amazing experience then I am more than willing to cede it to the anti crowd.

The only sporting event I can think of that will clear that bar for me is The Masters however 1) it’s outdoors and 2) I have already been there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I never wore a mask since start, 10+ concerts, 10+ sporting events with 50k, 6 trips & vacations, walked into any store/restaurant during the height of cases.
    yet here I am. pure blood.

now. I don't think low attendance is due to covid. 3000 active cases in 700,000 state? 10k in Minnesota with 5.2 million people. get over it

NDSU has a big problem. And there is ONLY 1 cure.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m suddenly much more interested in those Condors that they discovered reproducing asexually.
    Getting big John du Pont vibes here.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I never wore a mask since start, 10+ concerts, 10+ sporting events with 50k, 6 trips & vacations, walked into any store/restaurant during the height of cases.
    yet here I am. pure blood.

now. I don't think low attendance is due to covid. 3000 active cases in 700,000 state? 10k in Minnesota with 5.2 million people. get over it

You seem to have contracted the very thing I am trying hard to avoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Getting big John du Pont vibes here.
    I don’t know. Seems to me he was quite keen on overt displays of “masculinity”.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Some people may be concerned about the new variant also
    That's the thing; there is going to be variant after variant after variant.....so are folks just giving up Bison football forever? To me, at this point, it is either get on with life, or continue to take precautions forever. It is free country and I respect any who choose the later. But how many folks is that? I suspect it is a lot more than many on this board think as these ticket number sales are absolutely bonkers for what is being put on the field, and don't see how boredom accounts for it.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    That's the thing; there is going to be variant after variant after variant.....so are folks just giving up Bison football forever? To me, at this point, it is either get on with life, or continue to take precautions forever. It is free country and I respect any who choose the later. But how many folks is that? I suspect it is a lot more than many on this board think as these ticket number sales are absolutely bonkers for what is being put on the field, and don't see how boredom accounts for it.
    Heres the thing, it’s a communicable disease for which no single intervention is sufficient so until enough people are on board with a suite of precautions it’s pretty tough to convince everyone to just get on with it. Collective action problems are a bitch. Maybe low cost, effective anti-vitals will change things at some point…
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    More cowbell?
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Good news. Getting Covid booster AND tetanus booster today!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’ve been boosted. Just prior to that I took the risk of going into US Bank Stadium to see the Stones and actually took my seat for most of the concert with a bunch of unmasked strangers within arms reach. I did not get sick.

I’ve dined inside (sit down) three times in the last 22 months. Not long after one of those times my phone notified me that I had recently spent >= 15 minutes within six feet of someone who subsequently tested positive for Covid. I did not get sick.

I believe my immunity is strong so I am not deterred by Covid per se. However I DO have a strong aversion to the anti-science, anti-intellectual crowd. Unless an event is going to be exceedingly rare and offers some amazing experience then I am more than willing to cede it to the anti crowd.

The only sporting event I can think of that will clear that bar for me is The Masters however 1) it’s outdoors and 2) I have already been there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've traveled all over (and a little out of) the country, gone to games, crowded bars, many flights, etc. I'm not at all worried about COVID. I am fully vaccinated and took precautions earlier when there was a lot more uncertainty, but now I give zero f's. It's time to get on with life as this is never going away.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!