Page 261 of 302 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Quick question. If the ncaa takes over the dome for playoffs and takes the money. Why do they have to charge that much to get in? Give tickets away
    They only take a cut. I think it’s like 25%. They even charged the students for playoff games back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is a legit criticism. Outside of the NDSU marketing I've plugged myself into, I don't see much advertising that a casual person would encounter.
    theres billboards around town, duh!!

Quick question. If the ncaa takes over the dome for playoffs and takes the money. Why do they have to charge that much to get in? Give tickets away
    they can't charge less than their lowest priced regular season ticket

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    I see tons of tickets on gobison.com. I find it insane that NDSU does nothing to promote ticket sales. For the casual fan they probably have no idea that tickets are available.
    No No No!!! ML sent a tweet out and so did coach!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    They only take a cut. I think it’s like 25%. They even charged the students for playoff games back in the day.
    The NCAA takes something like 75%-85% or the bid...whichever is bigger.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    The NCAA takes something like 75%-85% or the bid...whichever is bigger.
    That's correct but it's important to note that it's 75% of the net ticket revenue (so gross ticket revenue minus the host school expenses) not the gross ticket revenue. So unless schools are overbidding they're still making some money off of ticket revenue for hosting playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There is something like 40,000 new residents of Fargo-Moorhead over the past 10 years. How many of those people follow NDSU social media? Doesn't do a whole lot of good to send me 40 emails and tweets about ticket availability.

Do some marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is a legit criticism. Outside of the NDSU marketing I've plugged myself into, I don't see much advertising that a casual person would encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    No No No!!! ML sent a tweet out and so did coach!
    So what else should they do? I'd say social media is the best and cheapest way to get the word out. I guess you can say they could buy ads on Twitter/Facebook/TV/Radio but that seems like a low return investment. With them only getting 25% of net ticket revenue selling 1000 more tickets for $40 each would be $10k (assuming those extra thousand tickets sold have minimal additional expenses attached to them). Is that worth it to them to dump money into marketing playoff tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Agreed. I'm not on Twitter, but I've a seen a lot of emails and Facebook stuff about tickets. I'm not sure what else NDSU could do. Robocall to everyone on the season ticket waiting list? Is there even a waiting list anymore?
    They just need to find more real fans who don't need to hang out at home depot on Saturdays!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That's correct but it's important to note that it's 75% of the net ticket revenue (so gross ticket revenue minus the host school expenses) not the gross ticket revenue. So unless schools are overbidding they're still making some money off of ticket revenue for hosting playoff games.
    I did not know it was net ticket revenue...that does change things a bit. But, not sure when they have to submit their bids...but it is before the selection...so not sure how much schools would want to gamble unless they knew they were going to be in the top 2.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I did not know it was net ticket revenue...that does change things a bit. But, not sure when they have to submit their bids...but it is before the selection...so not sure how much schools would want to gamble unless they knew they were going to be in the top 2.
    There's a bunch of info on it at this site: https://www.ncaa.org/championships/division-i-football

Basically schools in contention for the playoffs send the NCAA a proposed budget for each round they'd like to host which includes estimates for the number of tickets they think they'll sell and expenses and that acts as their "bid". Those bid/budget packs were due by 11/15. Minimum bid to host this year was $30k for the first round and goes up by $10k for each round until it hits $60k for the semis. A seeded school only needs to submit a minimum bid (and meet the NCAA's host facility requirements) to host that particular round.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Unfortunately I will not be attending this game. My god son is getting married in Minot this weekend. Family comes first (though I did give him a lot of shit, he is a Bison fan, he's been to Frisco numerous times and tailgates often in Fargo...he should know better!)
    Sounds like your god son has already set bad precedent with his future wife. He should have been able to say certain dates were off limits for a wedding. Now the wife (new boss) will rule his life. So sad.