Page 258 of 302 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'm no longer interested in FCS football. I've said that before in other posts. But I would go these games if I thought it was part of building up to FBS. If I thought NDSU actually wanted to move to FBS and was making an effort to do so, I would go for no other reason than to show that NDSU fans will turn out for games. But I'm not willing to do that for years on end with no signal from NDSU that they intend to move up. I can't help it...I don't give a shit about FCS. Of course I want NDSU to win. Just like I want NDSU to win in other sports that I don't follow closely. But I won't spend money on it. The FCS'ers can torch me for that way of thinking, but it is what it is.
    I get exactly what you are saying. Your opinion and your decision. Simple.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I'm no longer interested in FCS football. I've said that before in other posts. But I would go these games if I thought it was part of building up to FBS. If I thought NDSU actually wanted to move to FBS and was making an effort to do so, I would go for no other reason than to show that NDSU fans will turn out for games. But I'm not willing to do that for years on end with no signal from NDSU that they intend to move up. I can't help it...I don't give a shit about FCS. Of course I want NDSU to win. Just like I want NDSU to win in other sports that I don't follow closely. But I won't spend money on it. The FCS'ers can torch me for that way of thinking, but it is what it is.
    THIS is the issue. and lots of the people that partied hard thru the start of the dynasty are in their 30/40's now and they want something BIGGER. they've all.dome this, they've all done Frisco 4-5 times.

NDSU admin needs to address this. STAYING FCS you LOSE FANS and in turn will lose games eventually.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I get exactly what you are saying. Your opinion and your decision. Simple.
    Somehow I knew you'd be the one to respond to me. But fundamentally, you are correct. Just personal decision. And hey, I think you and I agree on most things regarding NDSU basketball. So there's that.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I’m also tired of FCS football, but I will say if they had Busch light on tap I’d probably show up…. Just saying

There is still some covid hesitancy out there, for as much as people agree or disagree with it.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Somehow I knew you'd be the one to respond to me. But fundamentally, you are correct. Just personal decision. And hey, I think you and I agree on most things regarding NDSU basketball. So there's that.
    oh we agree on the BB debacle. We also agree on more than you would think. Plus there is no angst with me in regards to your decision. As opposed to others.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    There is still some covid hesitancy out there, for as much as people agree or disagree with it.
    I think that's wishful thinking. People in the areas NDSU draw from arent exactly opposed to going to do things in crowded areas (bars, viking games, etc.)

The issue is people are bored. FCS is not going to bring fans anymore. Its the same movie over and over again.

Its a shame for the players, but its hard for fans to drop money when it feels like we aren't going anywhere.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think that's wishful thinking. People in the areas NDSU draw from arent exactly opposed to going to do things in crowded areas (bars, viking games, etc.)

The issue is people are bored. FCS is not going to bring fans anymore. Its the same movie over and over again.

Its a shame for the players, but its hard for fans to drop money when it feels like we aren't going anywhere.
    In the before times I would absolutely be at this game. And I’m not bored of Bison football because I haven’t see a game in person since Jan. 2016.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Several hundred tickets at the 50 yard line. The fan base is really fired up about this FCS Playoffs. We may not hit 10K for this one.
    Most people I talked to expect to make the trip to Frisco. These opening round games are not exciting to them. Title or bust for most fans I know, anything less is failure

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Agree. Those responsible for the Wuhan/China virus should be paying reparations to many.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.