Page 223 of 302 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3020

Thread: Bison Fatigue

Default Re: Bison Fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Sounds like you could be interested in the wac?
    I had this thought. Why not just do another Great West misfit pile and then let us all sort out what makes sense a few years down the road.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Enrollment isn't increasing
    Fargo isn't moving, or growing fast enough
    the SHAC and IPF took forever to get built, a new stadium is a pipe dream.

Waving your arms and saying FBS isn't going to cut it.

All of that is going to have to precede a move like that.
    Bentonville Arkansas held Walmart back too. All I’m saying is if only people with your perspective are in charge at NDSU then we have no shot. I like people who are willing to dream. There will always be more people who have practicality in mind to offset them but they serve a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Bentonville Arkansas held Walmart back too. All I’m saying is if only people with your perspective are in charge at NDSU then we have no shot. I like people who are willing to dream. There will always be more people who have practicality in mind to offset them but they serve a purpose.
    I mean, OK. If all that stuff changed, then the logistics would make sense.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What if the rules changed? Attendance is going to be different. And the logistics change with an actual TV deal.

For now NDSU and the Mo Valley should be at the point where they negotiate a conference payout from ESPN or Negotiate a deal with HULU/Youtube or some other popular app that everyone has and they can monetize.

It is ridiculous to be giving this content away to a service that requires people to pay to see them.

I do honestly think that however unlikely it is (depends on the day for me), I think a conference invite is literally all we would need to make it work. Invite, move, the rest would happen, but not without some hard work by key players.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mean, history is full of people who waited for the stars to align before they aspired to achieve something great.��

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Enrollment isn't increasing
    Fargo isn't moving, or growing fast enough
    the SHAC and IPF took forever to get built, a new stadium is a pipe dream.

Waving your arms and saying FBS isn't going to cut it.

All of that is going to have to precede a move like that.
    All of these are just excuses.

Would it be nice to have UCFs enrollment? Obviously.

Attendance is down across the board in all sports. What looks better on TV a smaller arena at 80-90% capacity or a larger one at 15%?

TV markets is such old time thinking. The B1G went after Rutgers for the NY/NJ market which was all well and good but those kinds of contracts are changing. No one in NY/NJ is watching Rutgers take on Iowa in fucking women's volleyball.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Did science give us tailgating? No. It took it away. Trust science? I think not.

What is truly disappointing is the lack of response to this thread about the impact of science on tailgating? You guys think that "winning" is your legacy, but my memories of your tailgate rigs will far outlast my memories of your football prowess.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Small tv market really holds us back.

Large subscription sales globally will be the determining factor in the future, especially for fans whose primarily interest is their college team, not NFL.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

I hope enough of you are still fatigued when 2022 season tickets go on sale because I’m gonna want in.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie